Leonardo DiCaprio : world's worst actor will play the world's worst preacher

world's worst actor will play the world's worst preacher

Talk about exploitation; sick. If you want to see a fictionalized film about the MF the best bet is Guyana Tragedy with the great actor Powers Booth. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/leonardo-dicaprio-jim-jones-mgm-film-1235044421/

Mean people suck.

Re: world's worst actor will play the world's worst preacher

He is not the worst actor ever. Have you even seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape or even Catch Me If You Can? He was so amazing in both movies. Gilbert Grape however amazed me considering that he was in his late teens when filming it.

We don't talk about Bruno! No, no, no!

The audio of the 1978 Jim Jones incident is one of the most disturbing recordings I have ever heard. All those babies and little kids crying to death as they're drinking Flavor Aid in a mass suicide, I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight.

Yes, it's the most incredible recording ever made. It shows how pure evil can gain total power over people lives and deaths.

Mean people suck.

Powers Booth really was great at portraying Jim Jones, but I can see DiCaprio doing it well.
I wonder what sort of approach the film makers are going to take. I hope it's straight forward, without a lot of flashbacks.

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

I won't be watching it. Titanic was quite enough for me watching the talentless twerp! I agree about Power Booth though; he was great and so was that film. No interest in seeing a Koolaidsploitation reboot. But if you do good luck with that!

Mean people suck.

You probably don't like it because that was the movie that made a bunch of teenage girls go see it and scream at his hotness. I think that movie is a classic and he was cute and talented in it.

Is Titanic the only movie you have seen DiCaprio in? Just curious.
I must have been in my late 30s/early 40s when that came out, so I can honestly say that I was not a little tween with a crush on the "heart throb". I know that mine is an unpopular opinion, but I liked Titanic. Since then, I have seen Di Caprio in a number of movies. Some, I enjoyed… some not. For instance, I didn't buy him as Howard Hughes in The Aviator. A better portrayal and a better movie, for that matter, would be Tommy Lee Jones in The Amazing Howard Hughes, 1977. A made for TV movie.
I realize that there are certain actors that rub us the wrong way. There are ones that I avoid, but having seen a number of really good movies starring DiCaprio in some fine performances, I'd hardly call him a "talentless twerp".
I'll hold off judgement until I see the movie.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

He's in 3 of my top 4 favorite movies of all time and I don't even like him!

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
A Clockwork Orange
Wolf of Wall Street
The Departed

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd

A Clockwork Orange

DiCaprio???

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I miss Powers Boothe. He was even amazing as one of the detectives in Frailty! Matthew McConaughey is even great in it, if you want to see him in a serious role. I know this movie was back when he did those cheesy rom-coms, but it's worth a look.

I'll have to check it out. I liked Booth in Deadwood. I don't believe I saw Frailty though. I remember him in Southern Comfort… a movie from the 80s. I like that one. I also remember him in Con Air, not a favorite movie, I'm afraid. He really was perfect in the role of Jim Jones. No denying that, but I'm curious to see what DiCaprio does. Could be interesting.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I'm hoping there's a famous director for the movie DiCaprio hasn't even worked with yet. He seems to do a very amazing job at picking the right movies to do instead of cash-grabs.

Leonardo DiCaprio is a good actor. What do you mean by exploitation?