Ip Man 2 : dreadful acting and over dubbing of 'English' people

dreadful acting and over dubbing of 'English' people

Was the one thing that put me off watching. The British soldiers and fighter were dreadful actors and the over dub of their voices did not suit the rest of the film either

i thought this was america? huh isnt this america, im sorry i thought this was america

Re: dreadful acting and over dubbing of 'English' people

lol, I agree 1000%.

What does "America" have to do with any part of the film? The British controlled that part of China in the 50's when this was supposed to take place. There was nothing American in the film.

To your point though. There was little to no acting ability with most of the ones who did talk. I watched in Manderin with English sub titles to add authentity to the show....but some of their lines were really bad. But I just figure that the production is basically done in Manderin so in Asia where it's mostly marketed for first release most of them are reading those English lines in Manderin and don't know the difference any more than I would notice bad lines in Manderin I'm reading in English.

The "America" line is his signature. :)

I hate IMDB's Signature policy...

I get that now. I just don't really make very much sense of even using those quotes as a tag on. I guess in old fashion. I prefer readers to hear my thoughts when I'm making points, and adding someone else's thoughts clouds those points.

Yeah, their acting was like a 12 year old trying to overact a Shakespeare piece for the laugh. The English "accent" was like something I've never heard before, so weird. Killed the movie a bit.

Agreed. The English, if they were actually English, actors were really poor. This is a common problem with Hong Kong and Chinese produced movies that have English colonials in it. They're nearly always really bad actors. Shame they didn't get Scott Adkins to play the boxer. Not the world's greatest actor but he would have been so much better than the geezer who played the boxer. I thought the whole boxer story line was a bit poor. This wasn't as good as the first one.

Just about to watch the third one. Hope it's better than 2.

Haha, funny how the acting and weird language dub was more of a problem, than a scum nature of a brit shown. Urgh. I wish every movie would end with literally anyone beating the *beep* out of a brit. Now, that's entertaining!

P.S. not an american here.

I just seen this and noticed this. I had an idea that they were talking slow and unusual like this to give time for the subtitles.

If you think about it, the faster they talked, the faster the subtitles would need to change. If they talked slower it allowed for more time on the screen.

I get the feeling this is what it must be like if in American films you have oriental people speaking needing subtitles