The Exorcist : Why wasn't Metin Erksan sued for plagiarizing The Exorcist in his movie Şeytan?

Why wasn't Metin Erksan sued for plagiarizing The Exorcist in his movie Şeytan?

Just watched the movie and not only does Erksan literally copies entire scenes almost shot for shot from The Exorcist but in Turkish using actors and actresses of Turkey and changing the plot, customs, and religious rituals into an Islamic oriented one but he literally uses Mike Oldfield's legendary Tubular Bells throughout the movie.

Yes literally all this. Don't beleive me? TubiTV has the entire movie for free with subtitles. Go watch it and you'll see what I mean. You don't even need to register an account on TUbiTV you can just go to the website and type Seytan in the searchbar. The only differences aside from changing the setting and the theme into Islam is a different ending and some details of the exorcism and demonic possessions unrelated to Islam and contemporary Turkish culture being altered such as the final moments between Karras Turkish clone and Muslim Pazazu being a bit more brutal (beleive it or not!)

How the %#!$ did Erksan manage to get away from this amount of plagiarism? Why didn't Warner Bros ever try to file a lawsuit against the Turkish movie industry?

Its not like this is a completely obscure work as Metin is one of the legendary directors of Turkey and from what I can find this movie was pretty popular during its run in Turkish cinemas. So I'm surprised at the lack of controversy surrounding this and that neither William Blatty nor Warner Bros' attempt a court case against him! Especially when this was released like a year or two in Türkiye Cumhuriyeti after The Exorcist's run in theaters!

Re: Why wasn't Metin Erksan sued for plagiarizing The Exorcist in his movie Şeyt

It probably would’ve cost more to sue them than what they actually wouldve won plus risking just straight losing the legal fees and bad publicity.

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

Re: Why wasn't Metin Erksan sued for plagiarizing The Exorcist in his movie Şeyt

Those dummies can't even spell Saytin!

It’s actually spelled Satan, you damn Satanist.

Is not!

Actually, It is, Shuggoth.

Tubi? That’s where I watch Total Force you asshole!