Religion, Faith, and Spirituality : Why do so many Black Americans worship Christianity?

Why do so many Black Americans worship Christianity?

When the bible condones slavery?

Re: Why do so many Black Americans worship Christianity?

Who cares? Leave them alone, okay? If you wanna gripe about things black people do, find something else to gripe about imo.

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI

Do you speak for all Black people? If not, then stfu. I have a valid point here.

In what world does it make any sense for Black people to follow a religion that condones slavery? Christianity was pushed on them by white Americans, but yet they still practice it after being given their freedom?

Well i am the only black poster on filmboards so you are asking the non-black posters about what you think black people do.

Therefore, you think that they represent all blacks?

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI

No it doesnt.

It does tell those who are already slaves to obey and respect their masters. However, telling someone how to act under certain conditions is NOT the same as condoning those conditions.

You're a fucking asshole! I admire that.

If the bible didn't condone slavery it would say "Thall will not own slaves." Not give you a list of instructions on how to treat them.

You should step back and read what you wrote. Hopefully you will realise just how ridiculous you sound.

The Bible doesnt condone divorce either but God knew that people would do it anyway so he provided guidance.

But yet God never mentions not to own slaves?

He also never explicitly says do not divorce. What's your point?

Youre like that fucker who goes around bitching that no one specifically told him not to stick a fork in a wall socket.

Guidance without condemnation is consent.

Any god that expects you to follow their rules under the threat of eternal damnation should be a little more specific don't you think?

I mean, if their going to tell you specifically not to wear clothing made of wool and linen… maybe they could mention something about not owning people?

Since everything intimately comes down to faith in Christ all those other factors do not matter.

What about faith in Allah, or Buddha, or one of the thousand other gods?

Examine the lives of those who lived for Christ.

Christianity was forced on slaves. They didn’t volunteer for it. Then the indoctrination was simply inherited by subsequent generations. You’re making it seem like black Americans volunteered to abandon their original cultures and beliefs.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

No, I'm asking why they stay with it when they know what it stands for and where they came from.

Because of years of indoctrination by religious parents of their children. How does any other religion spread and continue through generations? It’s the same thing.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Ya, I suppose.

I just can't help but think that at some point when they read the part about "obeying their masters", one of them wouldn't raise their hand and say "Come again, Motherfucker?"

Because not eveything that they found waiting for them in the new world was bad. An atheist like you could never understand it. It is like trying to describe colors to the blind.

Let me make it real simple for you. God is real. Jesus is the avatar, the physical manifestation of God. When one becomes a believer the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within you. This is an experience that can be felt. Not in a physical sense but in a sense of peace and awe and more that words alone can not adequately describe. That is how we know it is real. That is why trying to tell us otherwise is like the blind trying to tell the seeing that colors dont exist. It is real we've felt it and that is why true believers chose death rather than deny their savior. That is why they kept their new faiths over those of the old world. Because it was REAL and they could feel it. It was that faith that got them through.

That's great, except other religions report the same feelings. How do you explain that?

And, you do realise that if you were born somewhere else, you would probably be a different religion? That makes zero sense in a world supposedly created by one god.

That makes zero sense in a world supposedly created by one god.

You forgot to factor the devil into the equation. He knows he cant win so his goal is to cause as much misery as possible before the end.

Yes other report similar feelings. The 'peace's given by other belief systems fails in the face of death.Christianity is unique. In no other have people willingly died rather than renounce and while forgiving their killers.

Examine this mans life.

Here's the death count:

Devil: 10 people
God: 2,000,000+ people

Who wants to cause as much misery as possible before the end?

Lol. I'd love to know what backwards logic led you to a total of 10. First lets be clear on one thing, physical death is irrelevant. For a God who can raise all who have ever lived with a thought such death means nothing. The only Death that matters is spiritual death. Eternal separation from the source of all life. At the devils feet lies a share of the blame for every one of those deaths. he brought sin to earth. he introduced the corruption that separates us from the Father which only the blood of Christ can wash away.

None of those deaths can be blamed on the Maker. His was perfectly Justified in all He did because He can only do what is Just. Even in some of the situations that may not seem that way from a human perspective. The God who could knows the exact position of every proton/electron/neutron in the universe and knows it all at once has a far more perfect understanding of the realities of the situation than any mortal man. God didn't have to do what He did or go to the lengths that He went to to give us a chance at salvation. He would have been perfectly justified to shit-can the entire universe and start over. Could have done it with a couple spoken words. That He did what He did the way He did it and made that sacrifice is a testament to a greatness far beyond anything else esteemed by mere men.

Who created Satan?

God created Lucifer. He gave Him the same free will we have. Let me guess, next your going to attempt the pathetic "How dare he create us this way!" argument? God is not responsible for the choices his creations make. They are.

But isn't he all knowing? Wouldn't he know that this is how everything would turn out?
It's a valid argument. You can't have it both ways. You can't say he gave us free will and also have him all knowing.

Alberto Einstein once asked a most interesting question

"I wonder if God had a choice in the creation of the universe"

In either case it is done. It still comes down to a choice. Life or death. Which do you choose Skippy? He leaves the choice to us. No one accidentally blunders their way into damnation. They choose it.

Einstein also said "by God I mean nature" and "religion without science is blind". Einstein was most certainly agnostic.

That being said, you seem like an intelligent person. I'm always dismayed when I encounter someone like you that still clings to religious beliefs. Religion just doesn't make any sense. There are too many different religions for any of them to be true. No god would spread their message through a book that had to be translated countless times over the ages, and no god would make your birthplace largely determine your religion. There are too many holes in the bible, not to mention many of the stories in the bible were hand me downs from previous mythological stories. And don't even get me started on the contradictions.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

You’re truly coo coo for cocoa Puffs.

-Erin Wotherspoon

No one can force you to become a christian.

Donna
Ignorance

Maybe, they won?

Floridian
BlogSpot