Health & Fitness : When you disinfect surfaces to bring into the house…

When you disinfect surfaces to bring into the house…

…such as groceries (things like bottles), packages, deliveries (like food containers), maybe even your mail (?), as well as counter tops and the usual high-touch surfaces, do you use a normal disinfectant, or do you use a dilute bleach solution?

"Life is tough. Get a helmet." – Candace Owens
"Not today, Satan!" – Blaire White
#IStandWithJKRowling

Re: When you disinfect surfaces to bring into the house…

I don't disinfect anything lol.

I just rinse my canned goods with water.

Dilute bleach is best. Normal disinfectants are untrustworthy as to their efficacy.

Lysol Disinfectant Spray kills the covid virus.

I saw an article which stated that Lysol Disinfectant Spray kills the covid virus. My initial reaction was Duh! Lysol kills everything!

Now all of the stores are out of it. Fortunately I got in a supply of eight cans back in April. I even gave some to two friends who could not find it in the stores.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

This is a great article about Lysol, and it also mentions that bleach works just as well, if you can't get hold of the disinfectant.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/lysol-disinfectant-approved-for-use-against-covid-19-heres-what-else-can-work

Okay thanks!

BTW, since you're living in the future down there, has the whole covid mess ended?

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

Yes. We're onto Bubonic Plague and Leprosy now. Thanks for asking.

LOL! Great answer!

Dang, woman!

#IStandWithJKRowling

I read that article when it came out, and since then, Lysol has been off the shelves and can't find it anywhere.

#IStandWithJKRowling

I've been using a mixture that's comparable to Lysol that's industrial strength, generally not available for consumer use, and I mix it myself.

I've just started with the diluted bleach though.

#IStandWithJKRowling

I don't….

I don't. I like to live on the wild side!

I use 91% isopropyl alcohol or food grade hydrogen peroxide (30%]
😷👍

I almost forgot fellow babies

BOOGER!

Hmm, that's a really good idea. I could spray everything down with alcohol. Problem is that alcohol is very hard to find.

I've never heard hydrogen peroxide being good for this virus.

#IStandWithJKRowling

Hydrogen peroxide is often used to clean skin wounds and prevent infection from minor cuts and scrapes. As a household cleaner, it's also an effective disinfectant that will kill viruses, bacteria, and other germs, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Mar 19, 2020

I doubt at 3% medical grade would be effective. Food at 35% (I was off a bit) or industrial at 90% is lethal to micro organisms 😷👍

BOOGER!

I've always been a big germophobe, even before this covid hysteria. But that's way too much trouble to disinfect bottles and packages.

It seems like many people now want to hide in a glass bubble. I can't believe a dusty can of peas has ever killed anybody.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Huh? Don't you like dirty asses?

He can’t seem to keep his story straight.

One minute he’s going on about how much he likes licking poop and the next he’s a germaphobe.

I don’t know what what planet he lives on and all we can hope is he goes back to prison/a mental hospital where he belongs.

I can't believe a dusty can of peas has ever killed anybody.

Say hello to botulism

Botulism, caused by the bacteria clostridium botulinum, occurs when a dent or damage to a can creates even a pinhole-size opening. The mixture of air and moisture from the food within the can spurs growth of the bacteria, and the food becomes contaminated. … Dented cans are the biggest culprit of botulism.

botulinum bacteria grow, they create eight types of neurotoxins that are so deadly, even microscopic amounts can kill. This deadly nerve toxin is also the source of Botox, a leading cosmetic solution for wrinkles as well as medical conditions such as migraines and excessive sweating, known as hyperhidrosis.

That being said…very few people die from food born botulism these days…but before efficient production lines and Federal guidelines? Plenty!
I'd say dusty cans of peas have more blood on their hands than Croft if he had a fog grooming shop 😂👍

BOOGER!

Food poisoning can be nasty. I had it once. But I'm taking about a dusty can, not one with a hole in it. If you have a can with a hole in it you can clean it all you want and you're still gonna sick.

Administrator
I GameBoy

I'm not cleaning "dust" off a can of peas.

I'm disinfecting items that may have been touched by people who previously touched them by people who touched them who may have had covid. They may or may not know they're infected, carrying the virus on their fingers, after wiping their nose, or not wearing a mask and breathing out onto products.

With an airborne virus, these droplets carry and can get on everything. Remember, too, I have a compromised immune system, and cannot afford to take risks. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't risk it. I'm following the guidelines.

#IStandWithJKRowling

I realize there's a potential risk. But I bought groceries yesterday and I can't imagine going back and washing everything. Caution is good but there's a point when it becomes too much.

One thing I do which I rarely see anyone else do is wear gloves in the market. That to me is a precaution I feel is necessary. But washing everything from the market seems a bit outre.

Administrator
I GameBoy

I don't wash everything.

I have a spray bottle in the garage along with a roll of paper towel. I unload groceries, and before I bring them upstairs, I spray paper towels with disinfectant, and wipe each item down on all the surfaces, and load them into one of those reusable bags (which has only been used to carry clean groceries).

I may end up going through several paper towels of course, but it doesn't that much effort to wipe stuff down with a wet towel first.

#IStandWithJKRowling

I suppose if one wants to be careful it might be worth it. It just seems rather complicated. What about milk cartons, egg cartons, little bags of peanuts etc etc? It just seems like an attention to detail to which I do not want to become addicted. I have an addictive personality to begin with. I best not start something like that.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Yep, I wipe all of that stuff down. Every single thing.

#IStandWithJKRowling

An egg carton?

Administrator
I GameBoy

Absolutely! Everyone checks egg quality/condition, hence, everyone touches them

I have to disinfect each egg too!!!

Administrator
I GameBoy

Feel free to cruise too! Just spray his asshole with Lysol before you eat it.

Nah, if in doubt I just shove in my dick.

Administrator
I GameBoy

I'd imagine that is where hand washing would come into play…are you sure you want to stick with the germ-o-phobe declaration?

Yes, it's my nature to be a germophobe. I fight the inclination. That's why I stop myself from getting too paranoid about this covid nonsense.

Administrator
I GameBoy

That sounds like faulty logic…but you do you bro😷👍

Nah, I'm just practical. I have a tendency to go overboard so I've learned to pull myself back.

Administrator
I GameBoy

All good my friend!
I hope you live in a rural or lowly populated area😷👍

He's from .! Lol!!!

Anna Schweinsteiger said... He's from .! Lol!!!
expand
Where

Kanye4President said... Where
expand
Los Angeles

Anna Schweinsteiger said... Los Angeles
expand
😲H SHIT
Really?

Kanye4President said... 😲H SHIT
Really?
expand
LOL!

You sure are busy!

😉

Yep, the carton. People touch the carton. People often open the cartons up to check for broken eggs, so the cartons get handled a lot. The cartons are easy enough to wipe down.

#IStandWithJKRowling

Life is too short, Lilith.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Remember my cancer, Gameboy. I'm considered higher risk. I have to be more careful than most people. It's really not that big of a deal as I've been doing it for months. I've essentially set up a "station" to do it, and I do it in bits. I'm so accustomed to it that it's routine by now.

#IStandWithJKRowling

Okay, I'm not discounting that some are more at risk than others. But for myself, like I said, I have an addictive personality so if I start I can get maniacal about it.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Life is too short
To not take every precaution to ensure it's as long and healthy as possible

People open the cartons and touch the eggs. Do you disinfect each egg too?

By the time it reaches you, the virus would be long dead. You know it can’t survive more than a couple of hours once it’s released from its host, right.

I’m curious. How often did you get the flu before this?

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!

It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other coronaviruses. Studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days…

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

I can't believe that people are ignorant enough to let their guard down and think that somehow the virus is less deadly now than it was when we first learned about it.

#IStandWithJKRowling

I mean, I hear you, I understand that you have had a bout with cancer that is understandably more on edge than the already on edge average person.

With that said, what did you do before COVID during flu season? Surely you didn’t scrub everything down like a maniac like you’re currently doing?

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!