Gene Tierney : What was Gene Tierney's personality like?

What was Gene Tierney's personality like?

Last week I discovered Isabelle Adjani, this weekend I watched Sundowners and saw Gene Tierney who I never heard of before for the first time. Wow she's so mesmerizing!

So I ask what kind of person was she? Is she your typical big headed egotistic movie star? Or was she more mellow and humble in comparison to most stars esp her contemporaries in the way Audrey Hepburn often gets painted by the media as the embodiment of humility? Was she into art and other high art stuff of culture and intellectualism? A feminist? Liberal or conservative? Overall how would you describe her personality based on biographies and eyewitness testimonies?

Re: What was Gene Tierney's personality like?

If you've just discovered Gene Tierney then your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to watch Laura.
From what I've read she was a relatively ordinary person but she struggled with mental health issues for much of her life. In fact, as I remember it, her autobiography starts with her standing on a high ledge deciding not to jump. She had a fairly privileged start in life, was considered a great beauty (DUH!), and seems to have had an easy route to stardom. There were a lot of personal difficulties along the way but she's not remembered as either particularly wonderful or horrible - perhaps just 'quite nice' - which is not a bad way to be remembered.

I have always depended on the kindness of Strangers - and the bastards let me down!