The Watercooler : What a beautiful day!

What a beautiful day!

First walk down at the river and saw a beaver dam. Can't say I've noticed any before.

How is your day going?

@Donna Donatella Versace

Re: What a beautiful day!

Once a few years ago a beaver came up a bank we were on and sat and ate bark for an hour.
He was just feet from us. We were blown away.
It happened the day of the beaver moon too.
I like beavers!

They are cool. I was once driving and had to suddenly stop to let one cross the road. It was dragging a pretty impressive tree.

They're rascals!

We named our Barnaby Jones… pretty sure he ended up with a lady friend…need to revisit that spot. It was an old old old garbage dump. Found some wicked cool **** digging in it. All kinds of cool booties and those glass insulators you find near railroad tracks…coins…even a few guns😳

I would have to sit and watch the dam for a bit, hoping to see beavers.

I have to go to the local whore house to see beavers.

Why do you have to ruin every thread with your puerile nonsense?

My password is password

Oh goody, another word to learn

😂

The word checks out 🙃

Why though? You're not remotely funny.

My password is password

😂

Fuckin lesbian.

Mephistopheles is just beneath and he's reaching up to grab me.

Hey you!!!!

Join us at the CornDaze!

Sup. What it do, g?

Imma not g.

Join us at the CornDaze!

Well, ain't that a shame?

Lol

I thought you were dead.

I am dead, bro.

Beautiful! Do you guys have an nutria?

Join us at the CornDaze!

Yes! I saw one to my surprise once when I left a restaurant with a bit of a buzz from Tequila years ago.

They freak me out!

Join us at the CornDaze!

Texas paid people to shoot them. They were in all our overflow ditches. I passed them daily on my walks. They were harmless but big.

We have a fair amount. I understand they can be pretty invasive.

Join us at the CornDaze!

They can carry disease and be destructive but so can beavers and beavers can be down right vicious.

A beaver chased my daughter when she was 5. It was terrifying!

Join us at the CornDaze!

That’s pretty scary. I saw online not long ago many beavers attacked a man swimming and he barely made it. 😳

Oh that was a mad critter. Maybe she got too close to the dam.

Join us at the CornDaze!

It was a man swimming in the creek so he must’ve did something but lived to tell it.

Cool. Nice catch.

Lovely

“Hera, grant me your fury, so I can remind my enemies I am not the weakness they perceive, I am the oncoming storm, I am war.”

Yes, was nice to get out there again. It will be even nicer once the trees and bushes have leaves.

I'm sitting down in the backyard now after doing some work back here. I swear Daisy hasn't stopped sniffing the ground since we've been out. She's a sniffer!

I don’t think I can have another dog after losing the last fur baby. After Whiskers passes I think that is it for me and pets. It’s too heartbreaking.

“Hera, grant me your fury, so I can remind my enemies I am not the weakness they perceive, I am the oncoming storm, I am war.”

I understand those feelings 100%. I said the same thing, but in the end I missed the company since I live alone. What's depressing is that she'll likely be my last dog unless I adopt an older one from a shelter after she's gone. I would be well into my 70s by the time 😔

I know you can never say never but at this point in time my hearts not in the right place.

I was thinking of a Bernese Mountain, but they only live for 8-10 years max. I've been lucky with my Chihuahuas and they are easy to train and very cuddly.

You'll know when the time is right.

Awww!

Join us at the CornDaze!

Awwwww what a cutie! 🥰

Nap time.

We've been outside most of the day and she's tuckered out.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Do you have people like friends and family that check in on you?

One of my closest friends lives down the street and we are in contact daily and I speak to my father daily also.

Nice. So many people are on their own these days.

I've always been fascinated by guy's relationship with their dads. What do you and your dad talk about?

We decided that too. The only thing I may do is foster old shelter pets so they have a home before they go over the bridge.

Join us at the CornDaze!

I couldn’t foster. I would get too attached 😭

It might be hard but I would be going into it knowing. I was told my beloved Aladdin lived 8 years in a cat shelter. That broke my heart.

Join us at the CornDaze!

That is beyond sad! 😭 I am so glad you took him in ❤️