Basic Instinct : Poll: Were Both "Roxy" and "Dr. Garner" helping "Catherine Tramell" ?

Were Both "Roxy" and "Dr. Garner" helping "Catherine Tramell" ?

I have watched the Movie "BASIC INSTINCT" on multiple occasions and I still have never been able to figure this out.

That being said, Were "Roxy" (Leilani Sarelle) and "Dr. Garner" (Jeanne Tripplehorn) both helping "Catherine Tramell" (Sharon Stone) with everything that she was doing ?

Yes
0% 0 votes
No
0% 0 votes
Just Roxy
0% 0 votes
Just Dr. Garner
0% 0 votes
I Don't Know
0% 0 votes

Catherine Tramell (Sharon Stone)

Dr. Garner (Jeanne Tripplehorn)

Roxy (Leilani Sarelle)

Re: Were Both "Roxy" and "Dr. Garner" helping "Catherine Tramell" ?

I obviously voted "I Don't Know".

" Thats…thats chaos theory…" - Ian Malcom, Jurassic Park

I don't know and I don't really care. No movie should be famous merely because of a leg crossing scene.

Exactly!

It was hyped up way beyond what it deserved.

It was a well made, but in reality a convoluted and confused cheesy B movie dressed up as an A film. It then ended on what was supposed to be a visual twist which was actually telegraphed right from the start to begin with.

If these women were helping Tramell, what was the point anyway? Its like red herrings thrown in just for the sake of getting the audience off guard to generate phony suspense and complexity.

Something like Fatal Attraction - '87 made a sensational impact too, but worked as a thriller within the context of something way more relatable and logical.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Fatal Attraction is still a brilliant thriller, and Glenn Close a perfect psycho stalker.

Glenn Close a perfect psycho stalker.

She was and I don't think anyone has come close to her representation as a stalker in a psycho thriller.

There is so much to read in her performance. What is going on with this damaged woman, who puts on an air of confidence and bravado up front, yet underneath is a seething and wretched controlling manipulator, who will stop at nothing to desperately get what she thinks she needs.

I can see a sadness and betrayal behind her facade and eyes and it doesn't even matter what it was that triggered her psychosis, just that whatever it was completely corrupted and consumed this woman.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?