X-Men '97 : Well so far X-Men '97 is excellent

Well so far X-Men '97 is excellent

Better than I expected.

The animation is good and, while an improvement on the original, they stay faithful to its predecessor. The story lines are taken directly from the comic and adapted in a cartoon friendly fashion without feeling juvenile. They address the heart and soul of the comic which is basically the feeling that you are different from everyone else and learning that accepting yourself, including your flaws, is what makes someone great. I can already recall some of the original storylines they have adapted: the Trial of Magneto, Storm losing her powers, the mysterious pregnancy and a surprise visitor who has an uncanny resemblance to Jean Gray.

Hopefully they are able to maintain the quality story telling and faithfulness to the original that made the first series so great. And so far, it appears that they are.

Hey Diddler, Diddler….the cat and the fiddler LOL

Re: Well so far X-Men '97 is excellent

Aren't you a little gay to still be watching cartoons?

My password is password

Fuck off, ******.

My password is password

why are you trolling?

I'm boycotting until they bring back Rogue's ass.

My password is password

Do you have to be caught up on the original series to fully appreciate it?

Its pretty much a direct continuation of the original series HOWEVER they make it understandable enough for new audiences. So even if you never watched the original series, I think it is well crafted enough to bring in new viewers. My 8 year old nephew is a perfect example. He never saw the original show but is in love with the new show. He may not know all the back story and history but they make it current feeling and not confusing for someone unacquainted with the source material. I definitely recommend it whether you are a new fan or a returning viewer. And if you subscribe to Disney+ you will have full access to the original series so you can binge that beforehand if you want to.

Didn’t even know this was a thing.

100% will watch, eventually.

It's streaming on Disney+.