Food and Drink : Vindaloo Curry

Vindaloo Curry

Hot, Hot, Hot!

Any fans?

Re: Vindaloo Curry

I love all things curry. And it's amazing how other cultures have adopted the dish and made it their own. Of course curry is originally Indian. But vindaloo was the Portuguese adaptation of the dish for its colonies in India.

My favorite curry is Thai, but like I said, I love them all!

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Yeah, Thai curries are great… and can be flaming hot, too.

I wish I knew what it tasted like! I've had curry a number of times with my family, and spicy sounds great!

Floridian
BlogSpot

I used to be able to handle a Vindaloo but I have become a curry wimp over the years so it's a Madras or even a Korma for me now.

“I didn't know you could read”

I found a recipe online for chicken curry and it looks delish. I wonder if I can substitute the cream with coconut milk (no I am not stirring lol) or would it change the taste too much?

“Love the people who saw you when you were invisible to everyone else.”

Excuse me ma'am, but did you say,….coconut?

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I really was not trying to wake the beast 😂

How did you get a black username?

You totally can, as you may or may not know I cook for infants and I never use dairy in my curries, always coconut milk. They love it and my children who can't have dairy are safe. It's a win win. It doesn't split and tastes yummy!

I am going to give it a try 😊

Lamb korma is nice. I had a prawn rogan josh recently, which was pretty awesome.

Which kind of bread do you have?

Donna: “Anyway, I think Gameboy should ban you and that faggotron Orson. Now I'm going g back to watching movies about zombies again.”

Well I prefer crispiness, like a poppadum or even a prawn cracker, but I don't mind a naan.

Poppadoms and mango chutney amirice

Donna: “Anyway, I think Gameboy should ban you and that faggotron Orson. Now I'm going g back to watching movies about zombies again.”

Oh god yes!

I'm too delicate to eat hot things

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

I'm kind of a spice wimp too, so I gotta' be careful with Indian curries. I don't think Curry Vindaloo has a "mild" setting, either. I mean, you couldn't go to an Indian restaurant and tell them you want Chicken Vindaloo, but make it only 1 star on the heat scale. That'd be about as logical as ordering a warm milkshake.

I like the taste of hot wings, but I can't handle the heat. I like the taste of Tabasco, but I really dislike the taste of chili pepper/powder.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

One thing I like about curries is that they use a variety of spices to achieve a certain balance of flavours… IOW, it's not like they just dump a bunch of hot peppers in a dish and call it "hot".

I'm not a fan of curries. I don't want to generalize as I know people unfamiliar with curries tend to lump all "curries" into one category and I know there are many different types, but I tend to think of spices like turmeric and cumin, both of which I really dislike. A lot. Add to that the whole "heat" factor, and it's generally a big no.

I did try a vegetarian curry at my juice bar that had tofu, and used coconut milk @~*~Anna~*~ lots of veggies and over mixed grains, which was generally enjoyable. But I don't remember why I liked it or what "type" it was.

I love curried coconuts 😛

I may give it a go and hope I don't mess it up too much lol Its just nice to change things up and try different things.

Dazed mentioned using coconut milk, and if I'm not mistaken, I think a lot of curries actually use coconut milk in their original recipes anyway. I've cooked and baked with the canned milk before and it's delicious.

And I won't meltdown over it 😂

Yeah, I don't like horseradish either

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

I love curry but to much gives me a burning ring of fire .

lol… I love Johnny Cash 🙂