Best of the Best II : Travis could have done better…

Travis could have done better…

I dont like how they made travis lose to bracus so easily. I mean he fought great in the fights before bracus and in BOTB 1. Are we to believe that travis is nothing compared to his friends? I think they should have made a better fight out of it at least. RIP Chris Penn!

"Man's reach exceeds his imagination..." - Robert Angier
www.myspace.com/roadtorespect

Re: Travis could have done better…

I hear you.

Travis was a good, brash fighter in BOTB. He retained the attitude in BOTB 2, but he basically jobbed(a pro wrestling term) to Brackus. They should have at least made it competitive but just like what happened to Apollo Creed in ROCKY IV, they wanted Drago to appear as a huge threat, so he easily defeated Creed and killed him. They had to build Brackus like that, so they had him kill Brickley.

Another thing that I find hard to believe is that someone who is a muscle freak like Brackus defeat a blackbelt in karate that easily. Travis was one of my favorite characters, so I was dissppointed that he was defeated that quickly and not to mention met his end.

R.I.P. Chris Penn

I know this is very old but sure if Barackus was just a muscle guy then sure travis would win but it was obvious Barackus knew martial arts as well so he had the skill and was in better shape

Brakus was an all around fighter, and knew martial arts as well. Really highlighted in that scene on the lawn where he destroys like 5 of his sparring partners. Brakus also had incredible strength, and when he hit Travis with a couple of square shots to the face, Travis was screwed.

i always feel the same way when i see that scene.

would have been nice if they had Travis actually get a few hits on Brakus. instead of losing so easily. would have made his death not come off as such a direct in your face kind of thing, if he had actually come off like if he was gonna win the match.

but they did the same with Alex when they interrupt their meal, Brakus just threw Alex like nothing.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

we learn that only 3 people have beaten brakus, and at least one of them almost died from his injuries even in victory (james)

Travis was the least skilled of the US karate team,but most spirited, and Tommy was the most skilled in the team, this is mentioned by James Earl Jones.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Maybe i have to rewatch it, but Brakus from my memories was never defeated... before Tommy did.

Anyway, i agree Travis death was nessary for the movie, we all agree about that, and his character was awesome in his scene before the death, yet i think he should had AT LEAST land a few more blows, dodge a few of Brakus hard swinged punch, like here he totally looked like he jobbed(like the guy above said) to make him look stronger than he is... Sure Brakus was strong, i didn't mind he throws Alex like a Rag Doll, but Travis Death was way over the top, he hit him 2 time and then he is done... almost not doing any damage.

Of the whole movie its the only scene i would rewrite, Travis would actually hit Brakus enough to make him very Angry, than Brakus would destroy him and then kill it, but Travid would put up a fight at least...

That's true, Bracus never lost a fight before Tommy Lee. James claimed he was one of the few men in the world that could teach Tommy to beat him. He more or less did that but Tommy was the only guy out of Alex and Travis to have even stood a chance against Bracus in the first place. It was never said nor told that Bracus was defeated several times prior, nor was it deduced that James was one of those people.

When Tommy who was way superior to Travis had such a hard time defeating Brakus, I don't think it was all that weird about Travis losing like that. Travis was supposedly not even as good as Alex and, as mentioned earlier, Alex was flung like a rag doll by Brakus.

Very good. But brick not hit back!

I just watched the two movies back to back. Travis wasn't that good of a fighter. He was one of the weakest of the team in the first movie. This is shown how he kept losing to the other fighters in the sparring matches.

He was also very arrogant. Bracus on the other-hand hits like a tonne. The scene where he aims a kick at Lee and misses him and takes a large chunk out of the pillar shows it.

I think after the first hit in that fight Travis was done for. If he had of known what he was up against it likely wouldn't have been that much of a one sided fight.