Economics, Business, Money, Finance : This is why you invest long term in the U.S. Stock Market

This is why you invest long term in the U.S. Stock Market

Dow:

8/24/89 - 2,734.64
9/17/01 - 8,927.27
11/1/16 - 19,123.58
2/23/24 - 39,189.00

Nuff said.

💰 💰 💰

PS Thus $1,000 invested in 1989 would turn into $32,025.76 by 2023. That's a hefty return of 3,102.58% or 10.52% per year.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

Re: This is why you invest long term in the U.S. Stock Market

That's around an 8% return on investment over a decade.

Harder to get with less money these days but good enough if you start with a lump sum MMC

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Yeah, that's a shit return. Better to just use the money on drugs.

My password is password

As long as you don’t snort your returns .

Dendrolagus Uranus

That goes for any investment.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

Or the Jews don’t rob you.

Fuck Biden, fuck trannies, fuck faggots, fuck Fauci, fuck George Floyd, fuck Obama, and FUCK ISRAEL

This

Dendrolagus Uranus

No, you are WAY wrong….

https://www.officialdata.org/us/stocks/s-p-500/1989?amount=1000&endYear=2023

No, you are WAY wrong, and obviously do not know how to calculate things like this. If you will check the article above, you will discover that the return from 1989 to 2023 would 3,102.58% or 10.52% per year. Thus $1,000 invested in 1989 would become $32,025.76 by 2023. That is a great return!

Never doubt me on matters of investing, slashie.

Actually, the long term gain of the S&P 500 is 10.5%, JK. And you don't have to start with a "lump sum". You just need to start, and then keep adding over the years.

No, you are WAY wrong….

You are WAY wrong on this, JK. If you will check the article above, you will discover that the actual return from 1989 to 2023 would be 3,102.58%, or 10.52% per year. You apparently don't know how to calculate things like this.

Thus $1,000 invested in 1989 would turn into $32,025.76 by 2023.

Don't doubt me on matters of investing, Juan.

No, you are WAY wrong….

That would be accumulative investment MMC and it's a little different from a nest egg at the beginning

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

No, you are WAY wrong….

That's how you accumulate a nest egg, Juan! You invest in the stock market!

No, you are WAY wrong….

Agreed, just some starters out don't quite see the immediacy of it and so an illustration of it helps them understand better

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

No, you are WAY wrong….

That was the purpose of my post, to edumacate them folk!

No, you are WAY wrong….

Lovely job

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

No, you are WAY wrong….

How much have you made over the years?

My password is password

A lot!

That's a 14x gain. That means if you put in a thousand in 1989 then 35 years later you would have $14,000. That's pathetic. The stock market only pays off well if you already have a lot of money to put in to begin with.

My password is password

No, you are WAY wrong….

You are WAY wrong about this, which proves you obviously don't know how to calculate this sort of thing.

If you will check the article above, you will discover that the actual amount you would have in 2023 from a $1,000 investment in 1989 would be $32,025.76. This is a return on investment of 3,102.58%, or 10.52% per year.

Don't doubt me on matters of investing, Slashie.

No, you are WAY wrong….

That's the S&P, brosef. Your OP mentioned the Dow. $32,000 still ain't shit.

My password is password

No, you are WAY wrong….

Yes I know. I follow the Dow, though the S&P is a more accurate barometer. And yes, $32,000 is an excellent return.

No, you are WAY wrong….

I'm starting to wonder if you're actually wealthy at all. $32 grand is chump change where I'm from.

My password is password

No, you are WAY wrong….

Believe what you want. I have invested and made WAY more than a measly $32,000.

It's not much to me, but it would be a lot to most folks here whom I'm trying to educate. And I used the starting investment of $1,000 to make it easier for them to understand.

No, you are WAY wrong….

I'm living a nice life from a pension and investments.

My password is password

No, you are WAY wrong….

I'm living the dream from my Stock and Bond Mutual Funds, Real Estate Holdings, Gold, Silver, and Social Security (earned by working for many years). This illustrates the first three rules of investing: Diversity, diversity, diversity.

I've been to 38 countries on six continents, and just got back from the Bahamas. Plan to visit France later this year for the third time, and also Switzerland.

😭
You’ve been hoarding money since the 80’s.

Also, Not a good investment. I can start a Buisness wit 10k and get about 100,000k by the end of the year, no sweat.

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

I have never hoarded money, I've been INVESTING it since 1991. I'm retired and financially independent, and travel the world. I've been to 38 countries on six continents. And if you think investing long term in the stock market is a bad investment, you're woefully ignorant. Are you financially independent?

And yeah, you could do that, but it would be WAY more likely that you'd LOSE your 10K in a year. 50% of all small businesses fail, so they are not a good investment. And if you think that way, why haven't you done it already?

On the other hand, 100% of investors have made an average of 10.5% investing in the S&P 500 stocks, as long as they kept their money in for at least 20 years. That's why a great long term investment. What part of that do you not understand?

Don't doubt my knowledge of investing, Shaquatta.

20 years is a long time.

I rather gamble two years in a row. Even if I lose the 1st year, I’d have a 100% chance of making it. Only bad Leaders & Bad ideas fail. Why havent I done it? I invest in Pussy. Best Quality Pussy invests instead of having paper money in stocks & bonds rotting away for 10 years. I could probably freeze my Money, and make about the same. I Invest in Property. Business, Trades, Spies, & People. Also Education, and Health.

Damn, ur old. If I Was retired, I wouldnt give a fk about Money, and Just Whore Monger to Death, or Continue Working, cuz It keeps you young, in da Game, and Da Pussy Coming in. Travelling without tasting Different pussy is a waste of Plane ticket.

No, 20 years is not a long time, since the average life expectancy is 77.5 years in the USA. Is it less in your country?

As I said, it's a good long term investment. Apparently you skipped the grade where they tried to teach you how to read.

And you invest in Pussy, eh? Exactly how do you make money from that? Are you a pimp?

And the correct phrases would be "I'd rather gamble…" and "if I were retired". You need to brush up on your English grammar, Shaquatta.

Damn, you're dumb!

you fuck lady boi

My password is password

My password is password

😭
Ur Really Old.

I dont kno about u. But I bang mostly girls under 20, and I like to keep it tat way.

You invest in Paper, I invest the sweetest Pleasure. Live Long Old Man!

No, we’re in the 100’s. Steriods, Fish, and Wealth, makes us last dat miserably long.

For me the Longest term investment is 1yr. And that’s pushing it. I gotta get back more than 100% back shortly.

You wouldnt kno real success. You Follow Trump. How deep in the Hole is he Now? You Like Kubrick, did her ever really reach box office? Your retirement age, and you say 77 is death. Then say 20yrs is not a long time. Im not good at math, eh?
Dollars and stocks get devalued all the time. I make, break, and bank in a New York Minute.

You have an intellect matched only by garden tools.

My Garden Tool is still bigger than your lawn straw.

You are a moron and a blowhard!

You are a moron and a blowhard.

I’m a Mormon and they Blow Me Hard!

Good one, Wolfie!

I gave it all to a WS investing firm called Stratton Oakmont.
Then I found out they blew it all on hookers and coke.

"Please vote to preserve the unique character of Warren…" - Robert Duvall

I bought some Target last year when the gay panic tanked the stock price. That's probably the best move I've made.

A good idea, buy low, sell high. However I only invest in mutual funds. Investing in individual stocks is too risky for me.

I'm generally not good at individual picks. AMD is my only other big success. About half my stuff is just a S&P fund.

I wish I was brave enough to lose all my money on options.

That's why index funds are a good idea. Opinions are not a good idea, because they're a zero sum game. That means for every winner, there's a loser. With the stock market, when it rises, everybody wins.

And a S&P fund is a good idea. I have my investments in two funds: the Vanguard Index 500 Stock Fund and the Vanguard Total Bond Market Index fund.

I know I'd almost certainly lose on options but I see the huge gains people make and wish I could do that. Even though it's basically like playing the lottery and for everyone with a 6 figure gain overnight there's got to be a dozen more that lost it all.

Buying stocks is investing. Buying options is basically gambling on the market. You might as well play the lottery or go to Vegas.

My late father was an excellent investor, but he made one HUGE mistake in 1987. He had calls, which means he was gambling that the market would go UP. Mom was not comfortable with this, and he said that he would get out of options at the first of 1988.

Then on Oct 19, 1987 the market fell 22.6%, the largest single day drop in history. He lost a LOT of money! He died in 1991, and some think the stress of losing so much money caused the lung cancer which killed him.

Bottom line: you should stay away from Options.

Occasionally I sell options for small amounts. It gets me a few extra dollars every week. If it hits and I have to sell at the target price then it's not like I really lost out on anything in the end.

Okay, if it's only small amounts, you will probably be okay.

So you only have the one gif, Donkey Dumbass?