Religion, Faith, and Spirituality : The irony of religions…

The irony of religions…

They are supposed to be about acceptance, tolerance and love/harmony in general… But they promote bigotry like homophobia or racism and they started many violent conflicts… 🤪🤪🤪

Genius!

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

Re: The irony of religions…

Religion has brought about good and bad in equal amounts. It’s a necessary stage in humanities evolution and will probably never be entirely destroyed.

It’s a necessary stage in humanities evolution and will probably never be entirely destroyed.

Take your medication.

It was a pretty reasonable statement. There are times in history when it has helped people make some sense of the world. And on an individual level it helps millions of people on a daily basis.

And on an individual level it helps millions of people on a daily basis

Yeah, and they are fucking morons. There are many way to feel good, including psychiatry, which are way better options than an imaginary friend in the sky.

How do you know that God is imaginary? You have proof?

I have common sense. Even IF (a huge "if") there is a God, we have no idea how he is, how he thinks or what he wants. All the ideas that come with religions are manmade, and were used to brainwash and manipulate people for over a thousand years.

IF there is a God, he is one. Curiously, every religion decided to make their own god (or even gods). That's all bullshit.

There are actually some religions which are more about spirits and energy than gods, but no matter, I get your point.

I don't disagree that there's been a lot of evil done in the name of religion, and I would hesitate to put forward any defence of religious fundamentalism of any type.

But I think that you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater - there is a lot of comfort and charity that is associated with the peaceful (mostly) observation of religion.

Uh huh, whatever you say, Mr philosopher.

You don't get it.

Who says they’re about love, tolerance, and acceptance? Joel Osteen? Yes, love and acceptance to good people. We shan’t tolerate evil. We are to tolerate are brothers and sisters in Christ.

You are assuming bigotry and homophobia are bad concepts. I’m bigoted against murderers and child molesters aka homosexuals.

“I have a butthole fetish so I’m going to act on it derp derp derp.” ⬅️ Homosexual

Seems like covid-19 doesn't care does it? Covid-19 does not care your age, sexuality, sexual orientation, gender, race, your job, your career, or ethnicity obviously…at least that is what the mainstream media says. If covid can breech the White House, it can breech the news studios like MSNBC, FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC, Javera, etc as well.

Is Covid God's plague on humanity? He can do that you know.

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI

Jesus Christ is Lord

Jesus Christ is Lord ✝️

Have to agree with you, even though I hate agreeing with you!

They are supposed to be about acceptance, tolerance and love/harmony in general…
Are they?

Those characteristics would seem to be something which religions have only adopted in order to make themselves seem more relevant to modern societies. Basically, religions are aggregations of culture, memetically transmitted from generation to generation, serving as markers of who's in a group and who's not, and as standards to be imposed upon participants as a group norm.

Apparently you so disliked this response that you went to the trouble of deleting the thread and starting it over. Isn't that a bit extreme? I had to recreate the reply from memory, but never again: I'm backing up my work now. So, if you want to do this again, knock yourself out. I'll just put it back.

§« The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters. »§

Apparently you so disliked this response that you went to the trouble of deleting the thread and starting it over. Isn't that a bit extreme?

Yesterday I'd strafed the board with several replies. The one I posted to this thread is nowhere to be seen - not even with a 'deleted post.' So I concluded that the thread must have been deleted and started over.

But perhaps it never posted to begin with. Has that ever happened to you?

To confirm, I didn't see any of your posts yesterday, either.

The rest of them were all there. This was the only one that was missing.

Oh, sorry, I misread your posts. I thought that you said posted several times to this thread, my bad.

Religion is just a product of humans trying to make existential sense of the world but somewhere along the course of history men realized it could be repurposed to control human behavior and it was eternally corrupted.

Religion is nothing more than philosophy run amok.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Religion is nothing more than philosophy run amok.

Patrick is not going to like you insulting his favorite hobby. I would be interested in seeing how you both work this conflict out.

I've moved on from traditional philosophy and religion. I'm more interested in extra-terrestrial life forms already here on earth because the evolution of humanity's intelligence took a mysterious leap forward again at some point or has our intelligence been stymied or controllee all along by the Illuminati?

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI

I've moved on from traditional philosophy and religion. I'm more interested in extra-terrestrial life forms already here on earth because the evolution of humanity's intelligence took a mysterious leap forward again at some point or has our intelligence been stymied or controllee all along by the Illuminati?

So please tell me, how exactly are you against drugs despite the fact that you clearly took so much of them that it permanently fucked up your brain?