Sports : The Cleveland Guardians

The Cleveland Guardians

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/23/us/cleveland-major-league-baseball-name/index.html

The Cleveland Indians are changing their name next season to the Cleveland Guardians, the Major League Baseball club announced Friday morning, after the old moniker drew criticism for decades from Native Americans.

"You see, there's always been a Cleveland – that's the best part of our name," actor Tom Hanks says in a video announcement he narrated for the team, which posted it on Twitter. "And now it's time to unite as one family, one community, to build the next era for this team and this city."

This is part of the recent effort to finally remove all traces of American Indians from our popular culture.

You might wonder why Tom Hanks is involved. If you check out his Wikipedia page you will see that in the late 70s he spent a few years performing at the Lakewood Civic Auditorium which is in the Cleveland area.

Re: The Cleveland Guardians

Could be worse.

At least they are not going to be The Cleveland Indian Drinkers or Cleveland Firewater.
The Woke Smoke Signals has a nice ring to it.
The Peace Pipes or The PPs for short.
"Hey Cleveland! Smoke my peace pipe!" says the drunken fan of the opposing team while he grabs his crotch.

I admit that I made up bullshit about you WarrenPeace and I am sorry. - Friendo in a PM to me.

I would have called them The Cleveland Things

Not a big fan of the new name. Would've preferred it if they went with something that was identifiable with the region. Something like Buckeyes or Foresters… or even Lakers.

But I actually kinda like the new logo:

Would've preferred it if they went with something that was identifiable with the region.
Apparently it is a reference to some statues around the city, "the guardians of transportation".

They wouldn't look out of place in Nazi Berlin, I think. Maybe just because they are from the same era.

wow!

That is actually a Pretty Good New Logo.

💂 The Cleveland Guardians

I'm not impressed by the name "Guardians." Who are they guardians of … ¿the batchildren? ¿What kind of mascot will they come up with?

[center] [hr] [poll closed multiple] [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup]th[/sup] [u][/u]  

They are gonna do what they are gonna do. Ridiculous name…

Let's see…. Guardians… Mascot….

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Ok… It's growing on me….
Something certainly is!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱

That name only works if they sell the team to Disney and use Rocket Raccoon as the mascot.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

I actually really like the new name and am glad they actually did something, and swiftly and with grace only unlike that pos team washington fagots!

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

I like the name change to something generic and obvious.
And I thought it was only temp. until they find something else non racist.

I admit that I made up bullshit about you WarrenPeace and I am sorry. - Friendo in a PM to me.

It's not a temp name though, I dont think.

The Washington Football Team will be renamed in 2022. Here are some of the best choices to consider.

https://riggosrag.com/2021/07/28/best-team-names-washington-football-team-2021/

They should just remain the WFT. This would be a giant middle finger to the whole moronic woke gang.

fk that team. I've lost all respect for that team, franchise, and ownership and I actually used to like them a lot all the while I've gained massive respect for the Guardians.

Seems like they wanted to keep part of the old name with the "dians" in there somehow.
Well, it works!

The Cleveland Pussies. Should have just stuck with Indians and told everyone to deal with it.

That is the WORST fucking name for a sports team, EVER! Morons!