Dallas : The Ben/Wes character

The Ben/Wes character

Intriguing characters, storyline, portrayals by Steve Forrest.. wish it hadn't died out like it did and NO WAY Wes could be mistaken as Jock, even with plastic surgery, broken bones blah blah blah.. everything about them was different!!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: The Ben/Wes character

You are right they were not alike at all! Having said that, I really wanted Wes to be Jock.

It was bizarre how .... well wasn't he Ben in the dream season, then Wes? It was like Pam dreamed about a mysterious guy she didn't know, who then popped up in "real" life.

And didn't they show Ben had some scar on his throat that he hid, that Wes didn't have? It was like they were gonna start the "Jock impostor" story, but then had to change things up a bit when they decided to make it all a dream.

The actor was probably contracted to appear in the final episode of season 9. They tried to intrigue us by having him stare at the picture of Gary.

I've said this before but I'll repeat it. I think we should've seen the final scene between Ellie and Wes. And I think it would've been better if it had gone something like this:

Wes: Ellie, I want you to know that I never meant to hurt you or the family. I came here hoping to just get a chance to find out how all of you were doing. I never dreamed you'd find my belongings or discover who I was.

You see, I believe with everything that's in me that I AM Jock Ewing. It's why I passed the lie detector test. And it's why you and I have such a connection. However, even with that, I know that I could never be the man you once knew. I've been through too much and too much has happened to me. The Jock Ewing that you knew really is gone. I'm just a shell of who I used to be and I'll never get back what I once had.

It took me awhile to figure this out, but I realize that you love Clayton now. And he's a good man. I know he can make you happy. I don't look at it as a betrayal. I went away and you moved on, which is what you should've done. Now, the boys are never going to accept me. I raised them to be fighters and it looks like I did a damn good job of it. My being here will always cause problems for you with them.

Because of that, I'm going to leave. I don't want you to be sad. I may know who I am, but you'll always have doubts - and so will the boys. It's best for me to go find where I belong and let you and your family be. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I've got a lot of fight left in me too and there's a place for me out there somewhere. But always know that I love you, Ellie. I always have and I always will.

Al - Alicia
An - Andrew
Jo - Joseph
Be - Benjamin

He never ask for Lucy or Gary...

That's a good point. Jock definitely would have asked about Lucy. Probably Gary too.