Superheroes and Villains : Superhero movies should all be rated R going forward.

Superhero movies should all be rated R going forward.

The only time I would consider seeing a PG-13 superhero movie is if it's a grounded take, say like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, where the appeal is not the action sequences but the drama, the narrative, the performances.

But if I'm seeing a movie where the characters have actual superhuman powers and there is a comedic element to it, then I'm choosing to see it to be entertained, and to be entertained, I want to see blood, gore, mutilations, decapitations, and a bunch of F-bombs and dirty jokes.

A PG-13 rating is too limited for this type of film. Take away the R-rating from Deadpool, Kick-Ass, Snyder's Justice League, Birds of Prey, and The Suicide Squad and you have a shit film.

What you have left is a Marvel movie. What you'd have is Thor, a shit film.

Who wants to see a movie about a norse God in Asgard telling PG-13-friendly jokes and not killing bad guys in creative, brutal ways.

Joker could work with a PG-13 rating, although it would be much inferior, it would still work, as it's a character study and a drama. You cut out the blood and F-bombs, the story is intact.

But epics like Avengers: Infinity War would be so much better if people were being bloodied up in the battlefield. And Hulk was telling some dark adult jokes; something to help the adults pass the time, ya know? Lol, that huge battle scene at the end, and you never saw any brutal death or blood. What a joke.

If I'm seeing a superhero movie with epic battlefield scenes, fight scenes, action sequences, I want to see blood. I want to see people being tortured, waterboarded, heads blown up, and what not. THAT'S THE POINT. The point is blood blood blood. You'd want to see blood splattering. I want to see Tony Stark get drunk and abuse Pepper Potts with some underlying powerful social commentary about domestic abuse.

Star Wars would be better with blood. There is no point in seeing Star Wars because it lacks blood splurging. Harry Potter, no decapitations. Sucks.

Even Taken with Liam Neeson sucks, with that PG-13 rating. if you watch a stupid movie like that, you want to see Liam take em out brutally, otherwise there's no appeal to watching it.

You don't watch stupid fun action movies for the art, you watch them to be entertained; they have no appeal otherwise. The appeal is BLOOD, GORE, and lots of it.

Explosions are not even fun anymore unless there's red from blood in with it from someone who just exploded. Just fire alone does not work. It needs blood.

Study your prey thoroughly, and choose only those who will prove susceptible.

Re: Superhero movies should all be rated R going forward.

If it is R I wanna see naked tits.

Deadpool, Kick-Ass, Snyder's Justice League, Birds of Prey, and The Suicide Squad and you have a shit film.

Only one of these movies was considered a hit. That is why they don't make them R rated. They lose most of the audience. Nolan's Batman was the exception. That character is an ingrained part of culture that appeals to most age groups. No one is going to go see an R rated Thor or a blood soaked Star Wars.

But if I'm seeing a movie where the characters have actual superhuman powers and there is a comedic element to it, then I'm choosing to see it to be entertained, and to be entertained, I want to see blood, gore, mutilations, decapitations, and a bunch of F-bombs and dirty jokes.
Aren't superhero movies based on comic books and aren't comic books targeted towards children? Most of them anyway. If you want blood and gore and mutilations and decapitations then look up cartel videos.

Not all

I do look up cartel videos but I want to see Superman in the cartel or rescuing someone from a cartel torture and doing the same to them.

You don't watch stupid fun action movies for the art, you watch them to be entertained; they have no appeal otherwise. The appeal is BLOOD, GORE, and lots of it.

Explosions are not even fun anymore unless there's red from blood in with it from someone who just exploded. Just fire alone does not work. It needs blood.
If you're so hung up on blood and gore, there are plenty of R-rated movies that give you that.

Superhero movies are expensive to make and the producers want to make as much money as they can. PG-13 is the way to go for the biggest audience and they're not going to cry if sickos like you boycott them.

Sicko.

If you're so hung up on blood and gore, there are plenty of R-rated movies that give you that.

But I want to see specifically Wonder Woman drenched in blood, not some person they made up just for the movie. I want to see Bruce Wayne, coming home drunk with lady he met at a bar he owns, and stick a half a bottle of Jack Daniels in his asshole.

Superhero movies are expensive to make and the producers want to make as much money as they can. PG-13 is the way to go for the biggest audience and they're not going to cry if sickos like you boycott them.

Do you know how limiting a PG-13 rating is? It's basically a PG film with a car chase, maybe an explosion, an physical altercation between two people.

The Dark Knight was so hard PG-13 that if just one drop of blood was showed, it would've crossed over to R. Notice no blood in that movie. The Dark Knight could not use its one-allowed use of the F-word (PG-13 allows one F-bomb) because it was too hard PG-13 that just one use of the world would have crossed it over to R.

What is the point in watching an ACTION movie without an R rating? It's not a drama where you watch for the dialogue, performances, and cinematography. A PG-13 is fine for those.

You watch an action movie to be entertained by the ACTION - and IMO a PG-13 cannot deliver proper action for an adult to be entertained. Car chases, buildings being demolished, fights mean nothing without the bloody, gory aftermath. I want to see brains and innards atop the decay, a red stream of blood decorating the city streets.

Btw, the scene in The Suicide Squad where John Cena mimics wanking off, would be enough to give it an R rating. You don't need the cursing and blood. Just that one scene gives it an automatic R.

IMO a PG-13 cannot deliver proper action for an adult to be entertained.
You didn't pay attention to my salient point. It's not just for adults.

But I want to see specifically Wonder Woman drenched in blood, not some person they made up just for the movie. I want to see Bruce Wayne, coming home drunk with lady he met at a bar he owns, and stick a half a bottle of Jack Daniels in his asshole.
I want I want I want.

You're as big a petulant whiner about this as that lukebarnett freak is about actresses not doing enough nudity to satisfy him.

Who wants to see a movie about a norse God in Asgard telling PG-13-friendly jokes and not killing bad guys in creative, brutal ways.

According to the box office numbers, quite a few.

Avengers Endgame: 2.798 billion
Justice League: $657.9 million

The Lion does not give a fuck. Bring. More. Sheep.

They were both PG-13. Snyder's R version didn't come out until years later on HBO Max.

But yeah,

Endgame had a lot going for it:
-22nd film in the series with a highly dedicated fanbase
-4th Avengers film.
-Virtually every Marvel character makes an appearance
-Spider-man & Black Panther hype
-Tony Stark/RDJ and CA/Chris Evans last movie.

Justice League:
-First in the series
-DC tried to force a new universe on too quickly
-Rushed. No character had a solo film before this except Super-man and his solo film wasn't that good. Too new, DC fans had lack of emotional attachment to the characters that Marvel fans would have had going into Endgame.
-Ben Affleck as Batman does not come close to RDJ's Iron Man in marketing power when most people still had Bale's Batman fresh in their mind.
-Completely shit film.
-Studio botched at the last minute.
-Only 2 hours long for 4 heroes.

-Completely shit film.

That is all you needed to say. DC movies are just shit.

^

The Lion does not give a fuck. Bring. More. Sheep.

"Superhero movies should all be rated R going forward."

—————————

That would definitely be interesting.