Science : Penis Envy

Penis Envy

Is it a valid theory?

Or is it anti-feminist and misogynistic?

Penis envy is a theory in Freudian psychoanalytic theory that proposes that very young girls feel deprived and envious that they do not have a penis. These feelings later lead to a desire for access to a penis and normal heterosexual development.

According to Freud, Penis envy is a stage of development experienced only by female children and occurs when a girl first notices the differences in male and female anatomy and longs to have a penis of her own. He suggested that this moment is critical for sexual awareness and gender role differentiation in women. After a girl realizes she lacks a penis, she may be envious of boys. She may then begin to sexually desire her father and blame her mother for her apparent castration, longing for the death or disappearance of her mother. To cope with this conflict, a girl begins to mimic her mother, but later realizes she cannot have her father. To cope with this fact, her sexual desire is displaced onto men generally, marking the beginning of heterosexuality.

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/psychpedia/penis-envy

The cracked mind of the schizophrenic may let in light which does not enter intact minds of many sane people whose minds are closed.

Re: Penis Envy

r u a girl?

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

No. Why is that relevant?

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Penis envy.

I am, for lack of a better word, Vlad

I envy nice butts.

Administrator
I GameBoy

You wish you were a nice butt?

No, I wish I had a nice butt. Not that I want anything in it. I just don't have a fat ass, that's for sure.

Administrator
I GameBoy

was that question to you?

The OP is my sock. Lol.

But why is my being a male relevant to the discussion? I just laid out the theory in my OP. I haven't taken a position on it yet.

Most of my beliefs about human psychology and development are Freudian. I'm honestly conflicted on penis envy though.

Administrator
I GameBoy

u just disqualified yourself as a legit poster.

because it would give to your view. WOMEN WILL NEVER ADMIT THEY HAVE PENIS ENVY!
Even if they have a cock in their mouth.

wtf! His most primitive one. Why the **** are you conflicted by it? are you a feminist? U sound like a bitch!

Calm down. Have you really been in prison?

But I'm conflicted because woman have a lot of power over men.

I think it's plausible that little girls want a little magic wand though. Why wouldn't they? Males do have privilege in ours and almost every society.

Administrator
I GameBoy

ur a bitch that's why.

No bitch have no power over me and as soon as she starts thinking so I kick that bitch to curb! (even if a bitch tells me a simple thing like cross this street, or pay this check, hold my purse)

unlike the other poster, I am not totally fixed on it being a physical thing but a power thing and not a societal right neither. I think it goes way more to that they are aware but some idiots like yourself are too ****ing stupid to see it!

I'm not quite sure what any of that has to do with penis envy.

Have you been in prison?

But you do sound like a catch any woman would want.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Im not quite sure what any of that has to do with penis envy.

I've already explained it to you and you cant get it than it's not the theories, it's not what I say, it's not the girls, it's not me, it's you. Get pussy more often and then you'll get the message.

when you go on dates, with your tuxedo, your limo, you pay for the entire date and even give a tip and she just whispers I'll call you tonight and just gives you a kiss… I go in at midnight when she is horny as ****. I slam that ass and leave before dawn. I dont even pay for the condom.

game over for u, big boi.

suck it.

game over?

Omg can’t believe you have a sock

Jesus Christ is Lord ✝️

I think it means something different now.

That men who see a bigger dick then theirs wishes that theirs was bigger.

And how does that affect them psychologically? Is it like "short man complex"?

Administrator
I GameBoy

Alfred Adler was a rival of Freud.

Freud had the silly idea that humans were like beavers, or whatever.

A beaver knows how to build a dam and shelter. A bee knows how to build a hive. I have no clue how that works, but Freud proposed we have installed programs in our brain that make us do things.

So, according to Freud, a little girl who never saw a penis, knows what a penis is, hates it and wants to cut male testicles off. That's in revenge for males being better and stronger.

There is no way a child knows any of that.

Alfred Adler believed that everything humans do is based on what they learned.

He proposed that society became unbalanced due to warrior culture and over valued typically male activities. So, the ability to beat someone nearly to death in a boxing ring can get you millions but being a mother could mean complete poverty.

He did a study on females in the late 30s and asked women about what they saw as advantages in life. They answered mostly male activities. When they were asked if they wished to be a male or female nearly all women said they wanted to be male.

So, his study showed that social roles, activities, etc shaped females to hate being female and that nearly all wished to be male.

In that case, society makes women hate men and trying to undermine them due to jealousy. That is because activities associated with females are insulted and massively undervalued to the point where women do not want to do them.

That is a much more logical explanation than penis envy. It's not about penises.

He didn't literally mean just the penis you know'

Yes he did and I know this because I studied Freud extensively.

Like I said about animals, he believed that humans had complex instincts housed in the "unconscious" level of the mind.

In the unconscious, we have stored facts of life.

A beaver has stored facts about how to build a house.

I see Freud as someone who just came up with all these theories since psychology was in it's infancy.

He just made up all this unfounded stuff to explain things but now we know better.

Would you agree with that?

He was trying to do something good.

I know all about him and even read his letters to family, etc.

He was a typical jew in that he was very money focused. He wasn't a doctor for love of humanity but became one to get rich. He wrote his girlfriend that he would not marry her unless he could get famous for something.

He did a lot of experiments with cocaine and came up with good uses for coke. He used it for eye surgery and it was used for a long time.

Freud came up with a way to dye tissue samples to see them better under a microscope.

So, he was not stupid, but he was greedy.

Eventually, he CORRECTLY noticed that a lot of "sick people" aren't sick. However, they feel terrible due to things going on in their lives.

There were others who noticed this long before him. However, he took popular Indian philosophy and mixed it will ideas Schopenhauer said, and came up with his psychology "Brand" which he used as a business.

He did well enough with that and got married.

So, he was trying to help people who didn't feel well because of things that happened to them. But, he made it silly with all of the Indian stuff.

Adler was a much nicer and down to Earth guy. So, he just concluded that people act poorly due to what they believe is going on, not magical knowledge.

Frued hated that because it simplified his ideas. He was the master of explaining complex bullshit. Adler was a straight talker who wanted everyone to learn how to be better.

But Freud was wrong about a lot of things like penis envy and anal and oral fixations etc.

There is no one size fits all approach.
It has to be recognized that everyone is an individual.

The anal and oral stuff comes from Indian chakra ideas, so it's meaningless.

However, the idea of going through stages of development inspired people to look into other kinds of stages of development.

Eric Erickson has really interesting stages of development that go all the way to old age. They were inspired by Adler and are about how people face different challenges at different ages and how it plays out if you go in a positive or negative direction.

The penis thing, as I explained, has a better Adlerian explanation.

So, he got things going.

The reality is, that everyone is NOT an individual.

People are like squirrels, dogs, etc.

All squirrels are going to largely act the same. They evolved to do certain things, as did humans. However, not all squirrels are going to act exactly alike. However, regarding BIG squirrel behaviors they will act the same.

A huge motivation in psych in the last hundred years is to figure out what humans evolved to do.

🙁
unconscious is unphysical. if it is stored it has nothing to do with the physical.

No.

The the Freudian idea, just like a beaver, humans have hidden knowledge.

For instance, if I found a baby squirrel and raised it in my house, it would learn to enjoy it. If I let it go later, it would know how to build nests etc.

Humans are not like that. However, Freud proposed we were.

It is a long explanation but there are better ways to explain how humans know things they don't seem to on the surface.

so if humans live in a house they wont learn to enjoy it?
if you let them go they wont build homes?

Stop talking about your d!ck. You are over 50 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

It is proof that Freud was a misogynistic colossal dumbass. Nothing more.

Beware the sound of one hand clapping.

He stole a lot of ideas from Schopenhauer who disliked women a lot.

I don't care where stupid ideas come from. Only where they go and how fast.

Understanding stupid ideas is like understanding a disease.

It's a good idea.

Putting a bullet in the head of a stupid person is like curing a disease. Got one with your name on it you anti-Semitic piece of ****.

You would urinate yourself if you were ever within three feet of me.

It would be **** to terrify you, and I would, you can count on it.

I would literally make you eat some kind of **** while I laughed.

Want to meet up?

it would be the closest thing to losing your virginity

would the gloves stay on tho 🤔

I was using my gloves to finger your mom's cervix.

Typically, I like to do that bare, but she had some kind of cheesey discharge going on.

Could you be a good fellow and ask her to PM Christina about her vagina pills?

Thanks bro.

I had to use SHOUT! on my gloves to get the stains out.

He invited me to come to Something Nebraska.

I would go but I had bad experiences with law enforcement there, twice in a 12 hr period, when I did a cross country move through there.

How close are you?

And be careful because he will threaten you with an ax.

I would **** him up within seconds and I am not kidding.

However, I drove through Nebraska and it was horrible.

I was in a town called Kearney for an evening and boy, that was their NYC, and is was small and desperate.

If he's a jew, it must be on lonely time. Most of the Nebraskans are relatively good looking white people, not inbred trolls who are five foot tall.

Fremont, Nebraska.
Let me know when you get here.
I already got a hole dug.
It was meant for conman but since he, rocket nor any of the other bitches ever showed, it is first come first served now.

You literally do not know who you are talking to.

I have put the disrespectful moron on block.

Not worth the time anymore.
Never was.

I don't give a **** who you are or think you may be. You are mortal

You are more moral.

PM me your address.

Lol. You must think that I am as stupid as you ARE. No. You show up then PM me that you are in town. I will tell you where to meet me at that time.

They may be envious but they always want it in their mouth. At least all my young ladies do.

Anyone seen my laptop?

Horse pucky. There might be something to his oral fixation theory, though.