Food and Drink : Pan-fried bananas, plantains…

Pan-fried bananas, plantains…

…look pretty good. Caramelization from the frying process must make them taste better. I must try these:

Platanos Maduros (Fried Sweet Plantains)

Re: Pan-fried bananas, plantains…

That's what killed Elvis.
Well.. that and the drugs.

My password is password

He probably pan-fried his drugs in a lot of buttah. That'll do it.

Actually, he'd have his banana & peanut-butter sandwiches fried, not the actual banana.
Probably loaded 'em up with pain killers afterward, though.

My password is password

Yum!

38 • female • Cleveland • "Chinese-Indonesian" Irish Swiss German French Dutch • brunette • hazel eyes • average complexion/figure

I’ve had both and they’re delicious l! I just had some sweet plantains last night 😋

Hi there, Monka… I've had plantains before - they're pretty good but you have to let them get really ripe first, otherwise you can't even peel them, lol - and I do like them, but this frying them up in oil looks really cool. I will be trying it soon.

On how are they usually made if not with oil? Idk because I usually get them takeout lol

I meant that I've only had them ripe, not cooked… just peel them and eat them, like a banana, lol. But that second video really makes me want to try them fried.

I never had them ripe before actually I only had them cooked. But they are amazing and my comfort food lol

I have this infrared grill but have never tried those plantains before.

edit. Go to 4:15 to see them grilled. The time stamp is not working

?si=_GiyB7UdEEjylLvz&t=255

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd

That salmon looks good. I gotta' get me some of that!

Patacones are good.

Patacones-Tostones-4-1024x768-jpg.webp

Fried, flattened and fried again.

My password is password

Sorry my contribution wasn't good enough for you and a big FUCK YOU.

My password is password

Aww… Here, have a banana:

person-holding-yellow-banana-fruit-hand-giving-away-healthy-concept_158001-215.jpg

I make those sometimes. It's really easy. Or if I want to make it sweet I fry them in butter instead, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon, and eat it with vanilla ice cream.

That sounds so good I need to try that!

Oh, I've heard of that… it sounds similar to Bananas Foster:
Bananas Foster is made by cooking sliced bananas and walnuts in a buttery rum sauce and serving it over vanilla ice cream.

I tried Haagen Dazs Bananas Foster ice cream a few years back… it was fantastic. I don't know if they make that anymore.

I guess you could pass it off as dollar store bananas foster, but you don't get to set anything on fire.

Oh, you're right… I forgot about the part where they light up the rum. That's what makes it a special dessert event in restaurants.

Stupid question I suppose but do they taste the same as bananas?

Similar.

My password is password

Much firmer.

My password is password

Thanks slash and thanks to the slash above you too.

If you mean the Bananas Foster, yes and no… you get some banana flavor of course, but lots of other flavors as well. It's mighty tasty. Pretty rich, though… not recommended if you're on a diet or watching your blood sugar levels, lol.

I meant plantain in general. The closest thing I've had is banana fritters in a Chinese Restaurant and they were delicious.

I've only eaten ripe (not fried) plantains… As the /. people above said, they are similar to, but firmer than bananas. I would say the plantain is denser, too. The taste is similar, but for the most part, bananas are much sweeter. That's been my experience. Also, a plantain has to be very ripe before you can even peel it. Bananas, not so much.

Thanks, I do love bananas and even if they have "gone over" you can make a cake with them and they replace the egg wonderfully.

I like bananas to get fairly speckled on the peel before I'll even bother with them. They're a lot sweeter if you let them get that way. But most people I know seem to like to eat them when they're still almost green. Well, I guess I'm weird, but I like my 'nanas sweet, lol.

I agree, that's exactly when they are best. I do know people who won't touch them like that. In fact they won't eat blemished fruit in general and it drives me mad!

If you don't cook the plantain it's going to taste like chalk.

I don't think I can get them anyway. I just wondered if they taste like bananas.

Actually, for the most part, very ripe (uncooked) plantains taste pretty good. They're not as sweet as a banana, and the "flesh" or whatever you call it is noticeably denser (starchier) than that of a banana, but I've eaten some dead-ripe plantains that were pretty darn good. I would also mention that due to their density, you can easily make a whole meal out of just one. But yeah, the key here is they need to be very ripe: the skin on them must be dark brown, almost black.

Omg yummy I’m gonna try treating myself to that this weekend 😋

Go for it!

Oh, and just don't get addicted to that stuff. It's very rich. If you don't watch it, you could easily gain 300 pounds, lol.

Oh of course lol it’s why I try to only have it as a treat on rare occasion and I feel this week I deserve it lol

I wonder if it would work in the air fryer🤭

It might… but then again, why deprive yourself the joyous experience of cooking on the stove-top with all that hot, spattering oil? lol

Lol why does it always aim for the eye?

You can bake it too, m'aam.

My password is password

Thanks 😊

hmm.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 President Trump is a FIGHTER and a HERO, and will win in a landslide over Biden!

They are great! We are grilling plantains and pineapple tomorrow! Delicious!

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

clap.gif