Moon : Only 3 years? This movie makes you reflect about your life.

Only 3 years? This movie makes you reflect about your life.

*Spoilers Ahead*

Man, this turned out to be a surprisingly good movie.

The thing that saddened me the most was the fact that the clones could only live for about 3 years before they inevitably died or "expired" if you will.

Kinda makes you put yourself in their shoes and think about all the time we waste in our lives because we expect to live long.

Knowing you don't have that much time left would turn your life upside down. I know the choices I would make and the priorities I have would be drastically different.

I wonder if that was the filmmakers ultimate goal? To make people reflect about their own lives and mortality.

After all, what would you do if you woke up one day and found out YOU were the clone of someone else, and only had 3 years to live?

Re: Only 3 years? This movie makes you reflect about your life.

excellent observation!

sam spends all his time just waiting for his three years to be up...for nothing.

Very good point

Agreed, well said!

Ni Shagu Nazad!

I wonder if that was the filmmakers ultimate goal? To make people reflect about their own lives and mortality.

After all, what would you do if you woke up one day and found out YOU were the clone of someone else, and only had 3 years to live?

Nah, I don't think that was the filmmakers goal. It is just not a specific point where you start to write a movie and then suddenly everything is going to happen in the outer space with clones and robots. By the way, I liked this film but it didn't make me think about my life in any way.

On the other, the clones doesn't know that they have just 3 years to live.

I agree to that.

I dont think Duncan intended this kind of reflection upon ourselves, it seemed to be more about what it takes to be human, rather than how useful we should spend our time as a human.

But i liked the subject of the OP.
Thinking about it explains why people in earlier times of humanity were far more driven to accomplish things, because they knew they had only a few years in which they can peak.
Comparing an 18 year old of today would not be equal to an 18 year old from the Renaissance, even though the modern kid would probably know more about a variety of things, but he lacks the mental focus and and guidance, since we know today that we could possibly live a 100 years, so why rush?

But if we dont rush, then we might end up dying without accomplishing anything, but if we rush we could also overdo it and possibly die of a heart attack.

If i want to leave behind some kind of legacy, i would need to start working on that some more already, but i also make use of the process of aging, hanging around long enough to see things make sense more.
Traveling the middle road often feels like being in the middle of a street brawl, getting punched from all sides, the past, the present, left and right while youre just trying to cross the street.

If that makes you reflect, then you obviously haven't seen Blade Runner. Run, don't walk to go see it RIGHT NOW. That'll really make you reflect.

I want the doctor to take your picture so I can look at you from inside as well.