The Soapbox : NZer?

NZer?

@NZer

I was just reading an article about the 4-day workweek and how many employees in America are pushing for it. The article went on to say that "many" New Zealanders already have been working 4-day work weeks, and it cites a 40% increase in work productivity.

Is this true? Or is this just an article trying to push a false narrative?

"The King of Cups expects a picnic! But this is not his birthday." ~ Drusilla

Re: NZer?

If it is true, then I'm going to push for a 1 day workweek. Imagine the productivity increases then!

I honestly wouldn’t mind working 16 hour shifts 2 days a week. It would actually be ideal lol

I could do that

Would they want an extra work hour tagged on to the day?

I'm not sure how many exactly but it's gaining momentum. The UK is trying it out too I believe.

Do you think it's a beneficial strategy? No changes in things like customer service or availability of services?

A plumber working 4 days a week would have to charge OT if you have plumbing problems Friday, Saturday or Sunday. (Or whatever 3 days they take off).

I can see two sides of this.

So far it's very beneficial.

Is it a 4x10 or four 8-hour shifts?

Groovy

I don't know those details. Maybe it's worked out to the satisfaction of employer and employee.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/468717/four-day-work-week-sees-increase-in-employee-productivity

I work a 4x10. While 10 hours is a long day, the extra day off is worth it.

Groovy

I know someone who is working the 4 day week and they love it.

I know! I have Wednesdays as my third day off so I work 2 days and then have an off day, then 2 days and 2 days off. It's great!

Groovy

I had a similar schedule and enjoyed that mid-week break.

I'm in agreement on the 4-day work week because yes it does increase production but it could take away hours for hourly workers.

I believe there's a town here in Texas that's already started doing it.

I catfish in person.

I don't know what they call it in the US, but its known as permanent/part-time Downunder.

These roles can still be difficult to get, because there are also many casual staff that can fill in shits around the clock and could be considered more flexible. A lot of people, especially those with family commitments, don't want to work a full week as it can get too much, so a 30/32 hour week suits many fine over a 4day period.

Of course it would mean less income, but it depends on one's circumstance as well.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Americans are so lazy now

My password is password