Games: Other Games : MTM Idol 2 - Finale posted

MTM Idol 2 - Finale posted

Scenes with judges

Re: MTM Idol 2 - Final 2 scenes with judges

Everybody strap yourself in for our FINAL 2 showdown between Neil AKA The Bull and Elphie AKA..........Elphie!

These two warriors have battled their way to the end and will now showdown in what could quite possibly be the match up of the CENTURY!!! Which brave 🇬🇧Brit🇬🇧 will battle their way to the title? Stay tuned to find out!

P.S, Elphie you stole one of my scenes! Don't you know who I aaammmmm?!!

#VivaLaBull - Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

You know elphaba sister is in a wheelchair right Neil?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

You know elphaba sister is in a wheelchair right Neil?
My poor Nessarose...

...those shoes were the only things I had left of my sister, and that little farm-girl has run off with them!

I mean...seriously, who steals a dead woman's shoes? Must've been raised in a barn! 😊

EDIT:

P.S, Elphie you stole one of my scenes! Don't you know who I aaammmmm?!!
Oh really...

...why do I suddenly feel such a delicious sense of fulfilment!

Ooh. This feeling is winning enough for me! Hehe... 😝

ELPHABA: Eleka Nahmen Nahmen Ah Tum Ah Tum Eleka Nahmen.

What other musicals do you like elphaba?

So many, but a few of my utmost favourites would certainly include Evita, Les Mis, A Chorus Line, Chess, Into the Woods, Sound of Music, Little Shop of Horrors, Miss. Saigon, Phantom...and even Love Never Dies! 😊

I like a lot of those too especially les mis and phantom

You like anymore modern shows ?a lot of my newer favorites have started in west end such as Billy Elliot, Matilda and curious incident

Can someone remind me what the song theme was?

It was just live performance of choice.

Misty, can you post individual theme totals for the final? I'm keen to see how mine fared compared to Elphie's.

Yes I will

Thanks, Beill.

General note: I'll judge this evening.

Beill....

Chants: FINALE, FINALE, FINALE!

Finale

Tonight is the finale for MTM Idol 2. I want to thank everyone who signed up for the game and I also want to thank the judges.

Good luck Elphie and Ennjaysee

Re: Finale

I quiched the Sultan of Brunei, in his bath!

Elphies Picks

Misty's Pick:Holiday tv show scene

Scream Queens (Pumpkin Patch)
http://youtu.be/Hbip_ydC4K0

Misty - When I chose this theme I was really hoping to see an episode from Roseanne, I always loved the Halloween episodes. Okay onto the scene this show is pretty stupid, I think that is why I like it. So stupid its good. Poor Chanel 5 she always gets the raw end of the deal. Good pick

Tomcat - Yawn. This was so dumb... damn. I'm sure it was intentional, ironic and camp and all that as part of the joke. I think they forgot there needs to actually be a legit joke, or something of merit, within that camp. Seriously, this sucked. The set looked really cool, though - so I'll give it that.

Pete - I can only assume that whoever sent this does not want to win....

Jesse - This was such a terribly done scene. This show did not know when to be serious and when to attempt humor and that was its biggest downfall. This scene is proof of that. The chase is horrible, full of crap one liners and the twins give terrible line delivery. This should have been intense but instead fell flat cause they tried making it funny. NOOOOOO. I like the satire aspect of this show but KNOW WHEN TO BE SERIOUS.

Tomcat's Pick:scene from a film directed by Federico Fellini

8 1/2
http://youtu.be/jmEqBdde5H0

Misty - I have never heard of let alone seen this movie. It found this scene to be creepy, im not sure if that is what they were going for or not. Good pick.

Tomcat - Right on. Last season, I wanted a dream sequence theme, and considered using that idea for my pick this season. But then I remembered how royally the afterlife theme was fcked up, so took a different approach. Fellini films have a lot of dream sequences, and sequences that, while not dreams, rely heavily on what's happening conveying more of a feeling, often of a particular character ("reality" becomes a sort of projection of their mental/emotional/whatever state). La Strada is my favorite Fellini movie - that sadness and wonder expressed with everything, so inescapable. But 8 1/2 might just be his most refined use of dream sequences, or some symbolic "reality" reflecting a mental state. This might be a lazy choice - it's literally the opening scene, don't even see the context here (filmmaker going through this ambivalent existential crisis). In terms of thought process - the line between love and resentment, idealism and apathy to the reality, blah blah blah... this might be one of the most poignant movies ever. And an opening scene, where he goes between being trapped in an exhaust-filled car, on the verge of death, with everyone else in their pod of sure death watching, to floating like a balloon... so opposite from each other, but trapped in both ways. It's weird as hell, but actually really poignant and kind of unnerving to watch. Which is good, of course. Yeah, I love this.

Pete - Very famous opening sequence, though I've never seen the film. I'm not actually familiar with many of the director's work, to be honest....

Jesse - WTF did I just watch? This was visually stunning in a way and very different, but it made me feel dizzy and made me wonder if I am high or not lol. Its a great scene and made me feel claustrophobic in a way, like I need to break out. The way the scene starts is just intense and amazing. I may have to check this out but it may weird me out. Very cool. So he was having a dream where he is falling? Ugh.

Pete's Pick:scene from a "Coen Brothers" movie

Fargo
http://youtu.be/u4Je2WxsqWA

Misty - Another one I havent seen. It was an okay scene it may have been better if I knew what was going on.

Tomcat - I forget what Pete's theme is, actually. First time I saw this movie, I fell asleep. Also, didn't someone send this exact scene last season? Anyway, all these years later (after first seeing it and falling asleep), it's still kind of boring. I mean... he says "darn tootin'" and their accents are funny. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Meh. I will admit the awkward tension is vaguely entertaining.

Pete - The acting is so good in this scene, though I suppose it may be strange to someone who has never seen the whole movie.....happens to be one of my favs. Great pick!

Jesse - Hahaha this was very funny and well acted. I have never seen this but I have heard great things about it. I know that it won a few Oscars and that now it has a series? This looks like it would be very funny. I need to see this.

Jesse's Pick:A scene where a man is being misogynistic/sexist toward a woman

Dolores Claiborne
http://youtu.be/uzGZy84FeRQ

Misty - Two words. STEPHEN KING. He will usually always get a great score from me. Kathy Bates is one of my favorite actresses. He was such an a*&*&le. It was great to see him get what he deserved. Great Pick

Tomcat - Dude went well beyond run of the mill misognyny... that was full-on psychopathy. And her response was incredible. That was intense as hell. I wasn't expecting much in the beginning, but wow... pleasantly surprised.

Pete - He sure is a nasty piece of work! Never seen this, I was expecting her to chop him up good lol. Good scene!

Jesse - Another movie I have never seen. This was intense and awesome to watch. What a dick. He treated her like complete sh!t and hits her then gets shook when she finally hits back. Good for her putting him in check! I need to watch this to see what happens....

Extra theme:Live performance

Pink: Just Like Fire
http://youtu.be/cqoPyWgXUMI

Misty - I am not much of a Pink fan, or pop music. The performance is cool for the people in the audience. It was okay but there are so many better live peformances

Tomcat - And don't think you're getting off light! lol @ Bieber making the "none" face. Also, the theatrical performance aside, it's arguable that the musical performance here isn't quite live. And wow, she really likes sitting on random sht that flails through the air, doesn't she? Such artistry. The song is so dumb I'm having a hard time not zoning it out. Ugh, I hate you both for what you did to this theme.

Pete - no....just no. I can only assume that whole circus act is to try and take the attention away from the fact that the song is a steaming pile of freshly produced horse manure.

Jesse - Pink is looking manly to me these days. Thats just my opinion. This was a pretty cool performance but I hate the song. Its stupid and bubblegum sh!t. Some pop is cool like Britney, but this was just annoying and Pink always does the same things in her performances these days. I personally was not the biggest fan of this choice, but if you like it, cool.

Ennjaysees picks

Misty's Pick:Holiday tv show scene

Friends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKnBZlAXea0

Misty - I was never a big fan of Friends and I did not understand the hype until I started watching reruns on TBS. I dont remember this episode but this was good. Good pick

Tomcat - Ugh, I always hated when the show did teenage flashbacks. They're always too over the top... I mean, without being so over the top it's glorious fckery (ie: Boy Meets World). BUT... "I'm Ross' *little* sister" - "... okay". HA! And "I just don't wanna be stuck here all night with your fat sister". I actually love the interaction between Monica and Chandler in this scene, dumb as it is overall - but a fun kind of dumb.

Pete - Great pick, full of funny moments...my favourite being Chandler bouncing up on the spot when Monica sits on the couch.

Jesse - Hahahaha I love the Thanksgiving episodes to Friends. They are always so funny and a good time to watch. Fat Monica is amazing and Rachels original nose is LOL. Didn't Jen Aniston get a nose job in real life years ago? Anyway, I like this scene. Why was Chandler such a dick? He's no Brad Pitt.

Tomcat's Pick:scene from a film directed by Federico Fellini

La Dolce Vita
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWQUSZezhbg

Misty - Okayyyy. Not sure what I just watched but I guess it was a good scene. The kitten was the best part for me. Maybe if I would have seen it would be better.

Tomcat - Ah, THE Fellini movie. The classic among classics. I feel like it's way more cynical than 8 1/2, which itself isn't without cynicism. It was the first Fellini movie I ever saw, and I loved how, so often, it's disjointed, almost like revisiting events in memory as they happen, life as a train of thought... the vanity in everything from fame to intellectualism (which is kinda funny for a director whose films have become cannon for intellectual film connoisseurs). I love how it's both in English and Italian. Also, no homo and all that, but Marcello Mastroianni is one of the most handsome men. Sylvia (forget the actresses name) is pretty hot herself. The Sylvia episode is kind of lovely... this playful woman-child, annoying the hell out of Marcello, sandwiched between an episode involving a drug overdose, and an episode with a soon-doomed character's cynicism and disdain for his own life. There's just such an awesome contrast, like the Sylvia scene kind of floats above everything. A cat on her head, dancing in a fountain, the way her "singing" fits the music in the scene - every little detail is perfect... This is one of the most famous scenes from perhaps Fellini's most famous movie, and ya know... totally deserved. This is perfect filmmaking right here. As much as I love the 8 1/2 scene, I love this even more.

Pete - Iconic scene, though I always wondered why it took him so long to join her in the fountain...Miss Ekberg was certainly a sight!

Jesse - Again, WTF? This is strange to me. What happened? I am lost here. She found a kitty, she went in the water, he went for milk, he went in the water, then they walk out? Wait? I think I need to see it again... it is lovely though and I do want to see this. I enjoy older flicks.

Pete's Pick:scene from a "Coen Brothers" movie

True Grit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdAXjMj6mfU

Misty - The poor horsey. I have actually seen this movie, which is a suprise because I dont usually watch western type movies. Good pick

Tomcat - Oh, right... Coen Brothers films. And neither sent a scene from Raising Arizona??? Ugh. The only thing about this scene that had any impact on me was the horse being shot/presumably dead. That makes me sad, even if it's just a movie. The rest? No reaction. They said stuff, shot at each other, blah blah.

Pete - As shootouts go, it's rather good. I wasn't a fan of the original or the remake, but this scene is worth the watch.

Jesse - I must be the only person that does not like Jeff Bridges as an actor. The way he enunciates has always annoyed me in things I see him in. I just never cared for him. As for this movie, great movie, albeit a bit overrated. This was a fun scene to watch though and I forgot that Matt Damon was in this. Hahaha this made me wanna watch this again.

Jesse's Pick:A scene where a man is being misogynistic/sexist toward a woman

Goldfinger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovXysYZTVzs

Misty - I am not a James Bond fan. The scene is not bad but the Dolores Claiborne seen shows more of the theme in my opinion

Tomcat - Lolz. Doesn't get more cliche than that. "Man talk" and a slap on the ass. Definitely gets the point across in a short amount of time, and with a smirk. Honestly, I was hoping for some Bogart/Gable sort of stuff for this theme. This is lolzy, but beyond that, kind of base.

Pete - I have to admit that when I saw the theme, the first thing that came to mind was James Bond lol. Connery is without doubt the best bond, the fact that he pulls off this kind of scene with the viewer totally on his side speaks volumes lol.

Jesse - Okay, interesting choice. I personally do not see the misogyny in this, but thats me. I see a bit of sexism, but he said "man talk" and yes she was dumb as rocks but misogyny and sexism are a bit different. Anyway, this was a short quick clip and kind of funny lol. Interesting choice.

Extra theme:Live performance

Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQbLGG8Sr8

Misty - In my opinion this is a brave choice, I personally love 80s hair bands or glam metal whatever you want to call it but I have learned in idol games that everyone else hates it. I love this song and im glad this will get that Pink song out of my head. Great pick

Tomcat - Alright, so here's why I asked what the theme was... because both of you chose crap songs. I was thinking maybe the theme lended itself to crap songs, and the crap really couldn't be helped, so I'd judge based on how well it fit the theme instead. But you guys could've chosen any live performance - any song, by any artist - and these were your choices? Ugh. Bon Jovi is hammy as fck. When I talk about music I hate, this is the kind of thing I'm usually talking about. It's not even a particularly good performance of the song... his voice sounds strained, and jesus boning christ, knock if off with that talk box already. This is even worse than the studio version.

Pete - I have to voice my disappointment once again....thousands of live performances to pick from, and a second rate bon jovi effort is submitted. I'm more impressed with the crowd than the band.

Jesse - Hahaha I haven't heard this in years man. This is a good song, and when I learned that it was Bon Jovi I listened to more of them and they were pretty good. I say were because i do not know any of their more recent stuff, but their 90s and early 2000s stuff is great. I always liked Its My Life. I am rushing through this as I don't have time but cool pick. The performance was awesome and I like that you chose a live performance like this where it was a BIG DEAL. Kudos.

Now for the scores and the announcement of the winner.

Mistys Pick

17/40 Elphie
30/40 Ennjaysee

Tomcats Pick

33/40 Elphie
32/40 Ennjaysee

Petes Pick

30/40 Elphie
27.5/40 Ennjaysee

Jesses Pick

35/40 Elphie
26/40 Ennjaysee

Extra Pick

12/40 Elphie
27/40 Ennjaysee

With a combined score of 142.5/200 the winner is Ennjaysee.

Second place combined score was 127/200. Sorry Elphie but some of your choices could not stand up against Ennjaysee.

Thank you both for signing up you did a great job.

Congrats Neil on the win! Good job!!!

Elphie amazing job!!!

In Monte We Trust ... #TeamMonte

Aww man. Elphie, you won 3 out of 5 themes but lost the game! That sucks. I hope you're not too bothered. You did great!! I'm sorry your first and last picks bombed so badly. Otherwise you had it. We both didn't really cater to these judge's taste in music for live performance but you really didn't . You probably weren't to know that though. I've never watched Scream Queens so can't comment on that. Bad luck but overall, hope you're satisfied. Was fun playing against you.

I didn't go all out for this hence some of my picks. In fact all game I took that approach and it was really enjoyable to send stuff you like rather that stuff you think judges will like. When I found the James Bond scene, I absolutely laughed my ass off and had to send it . Murr's theme was the hardest. That was the one I had to re-send for. I sent Bon Jovi as I like the song but also my sister was at that concert in 1995 lol! It's a good song no matter what your opinion . Bad songs don't have worldwide success, mmhmmmm [bigraz]. I've never seen True Grit but it seemed like a cool scene and Friends is my favourite sitcom (obviously) so had to go with that.

Thanks anyway to Misty, the judges and to everyone who tried to beat me and failed muahahahahahahaaaa just playinnnggg . Fun game!!

The Bull, YESSS!!

See you next time!

Aww man. Elphie, you won 3 out of 5 themes but lost the game! That sucks.

That happened to me in Cherry Idol 6 where I won more rounds than Henry but he still won in the end. Ugh that hurt lol.

🎆 CONGRATULATIONS NEIL! 🎆

...I wouldn't have wanted to play against anyone else in the final! 😆

Such a gracious and compassionate winner, who...

Oh. No. Wait. That's someone else I'm thinking of... 😜

...and thanks to everyone behind the scenes (especially Jesse! Your comments were always my favourite to read! Gonna miss 'em. 😖 They always made me smile (even though you called me a hypocrite...but I don't think you realised it was me! 😝).

See you next time!
Hell...no! 😝

Hahaha I am glad you liked my commentary. I just keep it real. Hope you play again in the future

Good job guys, and congrats, Neil!

Where's the original thread, though? I couldn't locate that.

Some jealous dick had it deleted.

WHY DID YOU PRESS THE REPORT BUTTON THEN?!???!!!

.I'm kidding, I'm kidding

Where's metador??

Where's metador??

Matador has been beaten to a pulp, Emer. *dies in your arms*

Lol no Matador shall never die! He has the heart of a lion!

Some idiot had both my Rebel games deleted. After Rebel Idol finished someone reported it until the whole thing was deleted. Ridiculous.

Some people are truly miserable on here

Re: MTM Idol 2 - Finale posted

Great job, Bull! Now I see what all the hype is about.