Star Trek: Enterprise : Just finished the whole series. Anyone else fall in love with T'Pol?

Just finished the whole series. Anyone else fall in love with T'Pol?

A few months ago on Netflix I had a huge first world problem: Choosing which ST series to watch. I still haven't really watched Voyager or DS9. Something about STE appealed to me. I like prequels I guess.

Starting the first episode I was kinda bummed for the lack of more than one "hot chick". Yes, I know that's shallow but I quickly started feeling at home with the characters. They seemed to have a pretty good chemistry. Actually Hoshi Sato grew on me a bit later. I like Captain Archer too. He reminds me of a poor woman's Harrison Ford and I'm a hug HF fan. Not to mention Trip looks like a poor woman's Brad Pitt.

Anyways, I found that I was not bored in almost ANY of the episodes. It almost had a Farscape element to it though more reserved. Many of the individual story lines were almost as compelling as Twilight Zone episodes. This is really good stuff!

I also fell in love with T'Paul (Jolene B). When I first saw her I was like...hmm..she's attractive but kinda boring. Meh. As the episodes continued noticed I really liked her character. She's not supposed to show emotion as a Vulcan but was struggling with that. After her mind meld she had issues controlling herself. I thought Jolene did an amazing job. I noticed small nuances in her acting that showed she was serious about her character. I haven't seen her in anything else but I think she did a great job. I loved how she treated Trip toward the end, letting her emotions come through. I thought it was so adorable and made her even more beautiful.

The ending was awkward. It was okay and I liked seeing STNG characters but it just seemed random like they had to think of something quick to end the series while leaving an opening for a return (would be nice if).

I gave this series 10/10 not because it is the best but because I enjoyed it and looked forward to every episode.

🈲🐼🈚🍚

Re: Just finished the whole series. Anyone else fall in love with T'Paul

I liked T'Pol better on second viewing. She did seem to struggle with the monotone, emotionless Vulcan act, but then they gave her the mind meld excuse. Her relationship with Trip also helped to "fix" her character for me.

As for T'Pol being the only "hot chick," you may want to schedule an eye exam. Hoshi was pretty cute, too. She wasn't as in-your-face as T'Pol, but I really liked her on the second viewing.

Like I said yea Hoshi did grow on me and is also pretty attractive.

There were a few other attractive women that had limited episodes. I even thought one of Dr. Flox's wives was sexy.

The blue alien woman who was killed(sorry forgot the race)
The augment-human female who was also killed.
The reporter chick (who was on one of the early episodes as a crewmate? but made a return in one of the last episodes) Smokin hot!

🈲🐼🈚🍚

How about those 3 Orion women. The 3 green sisters who wore almost nothing. They were really seductive.

I heard that it was going to be revealed in Season 5 that she was half-Romulan which would answer the questions as to why she didn't act like a "normal" Vulcan and account for her struggles with emotions.

That is correct the later seasons would feature a revelation about T'Pol's real father who was supposed to be Romulan.

She is the love of my life. And not just because she's cute.

T'Pol is after Spock probably the most interesting Vulcan in the whole franchise.But I must confess I have a bit of a soft spot for Hoshi myself.

When I see Hoshi, there's no soft spot on me! Especially when she's not wearing the Starfleet uniform.

Yep. Agreed. I wouldn't mind sliding around on her sweaty Asian body. )

https://youtu.be/mO4g2nydGSI

Oh Good Grief!

I’m with Anthony on this one! Hoshi is a strong woman with real thoughts and feelings! She’s not just a sex object!

Now if you’ll excuse me, thinking about her got me horny, so I’m gonna go off and whack it.

I fell in love too. I was almost angry at Trip when he blew her off a couple of times.

🈲🐼🈚🍚

U know what they say about workplace relationships.

Re: Just finished the whole series. Anyone else fall in love with T'Pol?

KIC 8462852, et al; Harrison Ford is a poor woman's Harrison Ford! And he got most of his early jobs b/c the other guys were unavailable! Later, b/c he knew Lucas! Trip, a yg Tommy Lee Jones. T'Pol always looked like a 14yr old boy, 2 me.

(Currently Netflixing, in Season 3) I like T'Pol the best. I think Blalock did a great job with her even though I feel they undermined her character a lot trying to replicate the 7 of 9 effect. It's not the actress who decides how she'll be dressed or shot in a show even though she may have some input, the whole way they approached her physically and with the camera at times had to be producers. If maybe they had established that Vulcan women commonly wear her kind of clothes when serving on a ship it would have helped. Considering how they dress Vulcan men it doesn't seem likely. I actually commend the actress for making me eventually not see a sex kitten per se and just see T'Pol. The De-Con room sure didn't help things and was really out of character with the show in general. In reality, until season 3-4 it's a relatively dull, tepid show and the little moments of "Skinemax" in the De-Con are just silly. You know the producers were salivating at the idea of having her in her skivvies going all Pon Farr on someone. Is she a total hottie? Absofrigginlutely, but she also did great in her part of establishing a character.

"God Damn, dipsh!t Rodriguez, gypsy dildo...PUNKS!"

"I think Blalock did a great job with her"

—————————————–

Agreed!

She was Great as the character in All 4 Seasons of the show.

I didn't fall in love with her. but I developed a strong desire to smack my one-eyed veinpole across her face.

Give me a Pepsi Free.

Oh Good Grief!

Of course, she was the best thing about this series. I'd love to lay some pipe 24/7 and twice on Sunday to her.