Moon : Is Moon similar to, or as good as/better than The Fountain and/or I Origins?

Is Moon similar to, or as good as/better than The Fountain and/or I Origins?

I haven't seen moon yet but i heard i might like it if i liked The fountain and I origins, which are two of my favorite films, so can someone compare Moon to any of the other films mentioned above?

Re: Is Moon similar to, or as good as/better than The Fountain and/or I

I loved all three of them! But Moon has a different theme than I Origins and The Fountain, they were about the grief of death and trying to find a way to get them back. Moon has a very different theme from those two, which is loneliness. But I think three of those can share a similarity with their emotional and melancholic approach. Id say Moon is a better film overall, Sam Rockwell's performance is easily one of the best ive ever seen

Nice!, i will watch the moon for sure. Interesting.., i am curious to see what this is about, thanx!

hmmm.... i'd say that the theme of moon is identity and what it means to be a "person".

moon is definitively way less esotherik than the fountain.

Re: Is Moon similar to, or as good as/better than The Fountain and/or I Origins?

Haven't seen I Origins, but I can tell you that I am somewhat a fan of The Fountain and definitely prefer it to Moon, although I do not believe the two films are similar enough to really compare. To be honest, I don't really care for Moon much, it's just a little dull and....unoriginal, I guess, especially compared to some of the excellent science fiction films out there. With that being said, I would still recommend that you watch the film though because you may get more out of it than I did.

Moon - 7/10
The Fountain - 7/10

Just as a side note, I gave The Fountain and Moon the same rating because, on a technical level, I do not believe The Fountain is the superior film, I just liked it better personally.

Well, have you watched it yet? Verdict?

Personally I think Moon is far superior to both.

I thought Moon was a *beep* masterpiece while i thought the fountain was "good" and thought I Origins was "eh". Moon in terms of scale is nothing like the other two. moon has a much smaller scale.

All three are brilliant films!

All three films are good, but Moon happens to carry a plot and moral message that pairs very well with its SciFi genre to make it unique and distinctive.

I'm pretty sure that Moon will continue to be referenced as one of the top SciFi films of all time, while I doubt that we'll be hearing much about the other two films in the far future.