The Soapbox : Idgi..I don't understand nimdas decision to make Gameboy admin here

Idgi..I don't understand nimdas decision to make Gameboy admin here

🧐 and it backfired.

Re: Idgi..I don't understand nimdas decision to make Gameboy admin here

He wasn't admin - he was basically Special Officer Doofy.

The other mods here have been ITTY, Chickaboom, Kirk, Shooter and Steve Lake.

This isn't a place to take seriously.

Thank you for talking to me

Oh I remember hungry too was an admin once 😂

Hungry is one of the best few posters here, but he's about as suitable to be a mod as you or me

Hungryforever is vicious

He's a good guy.

He's my good friend

He's my good friend

Again, I implore you to get out more.

My password is password

I just went out it was hella depressing came back inside.

Life's brutal and I can't deal with it.

Depressing in what way? I'm now becoming a minority in my own city. It's a weird feeling, but the world is changing I guess.

My password is password

Real world is gritty. I see very old people begging on the streets and it's heartbreaking. Probably my fate too.

You're becoming a minority? I bet the thugs stare at you and be careful they sometimes sucker punch you too or worse! Sorry to hear

Most violent crime here is committed by Somalians and Haitians.

My password is password

Damn what an unsafe environment 😳

Still only 18 murders in 2021. Not bad for a city of over 1 million.

My password is password

Imagine witnessing someone getting murdered in front of you.

I rarely go out after dark and avoid certain areas entirely.

My password is password

/. said... I rarely go out after dark and avoid certain areas entirely.
expand
Wise 🙏

Hellbound Nimda said... Wise 🙏
expand
I just Googled and my city is amongst a list of safest cities in North America! As I said, the world is changing fast and not for the better.

My password is password

/. said... I just Googled and my city is amongst a list of safest cities in North America! As I said, the world is changing fast and not for the better.
expand
And the worst part about the world changing is watching your loved ones get old then sick then eventually deceased. Then slowly you start dying too. My last breath will be of relief.

Hellbound Nimda said... And the worst part about the world changing is watching your loved ones get old then sick then eventually deceased. Then slowly you start dying too. My last breath will be of relief.
expand
We die of old age in my family. In their mid 90s and no disease or cancer. I'm not sure I'd like like to be around that long though.

My password is password

/. said... We die of old age in my family. In their mid 90s and no disease or cancer. I'm not sure I'd like like to be around that long though.
expand
That's good then. You can commit an hero in your 60s without ever seeing your loved ones die. Lucky you!

/. said... We die of old age in my family. In their mid 90s and no disease or cancer. I'm not sure I'd like like to be around that long though.
expand
If you're in good health then why not?

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Cheeky said... If you're in good health then why not?
expand
Generally the mind is gone and body healthy or vice versa. 🤷‍♀️

My password is password

/. said... Generally the mind is gone and body healthy or vice versa. 🤷‍♀️
expand
Sometimes we get lucky like Betty White

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

He had Hungry and Steve Lake as mods at one point too, and I feel a little responsible for goading them into losing their privileges lol.
I mean, all I did was expose how bad of a choice they were.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

If nimda is not a vindictive person he would allow 5-6 people he has permabanned back in. More users means more activity here.

So far he's banned Gameboy, gwnyc, sly mouse and who else?

He's only banned The Gimp, G, shooter and he said he banned you too.

Nobody here is really banned.

He banned me too? Shit I gotta stay low.

You seem a good lad yourself these days. It's a beautiful redemption arc imo

Thanks Orson 😊

STFU Frankenfag. You goaded shit.

I stopped being a Mod cause I told Nimda to go fuck himself when Gameboy was urging me to just behave and kiss the ring.

I was the only fair moderator this site ever had. And I had good ideas for improving the site.

But alas, Nimda is a hypocrite and a douche bag.

Oh and by the way people always forget I was a Mod twice. Of course both times I was a Mod Nimda neglected to inform me of all the powers that are at a Mods disposal.

This site failed for one Reason. TWIZLEE. NUFF SAID.

I'm totally on point with you lol until you go for Twiz. Leave her alone, lad.

I annoyed you enough to abuse your powers like I did with Jacky on the Hive lol.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

not entirely true. you were an ok mod, other than constantly threatening to curbstomp users here and trying to dox them. it was the doxxing thing that led to you losing your position. you were posting what you thought was gwnyc's address and threatening to go to her house. now i knew it wasn't her actual location since she told me where she really lived, but you weren't aware of that. it was an attempted dox, which is not a great look for a mod. first i asked you to step down so you would avoid public embarrassment by me having to remove you, but you refused. i was about to demod you but then i said to myself, you know what, i'll stick by you since gwnyc doxxed me so what the fuck am i doing caving to her phony outrage about a fake dox. i knew i would take a hit to my public image for standing by the crazy mod who had the whole board against him, but i was willing to do it for you, and all i asked out of you was to just make an apology and a promise not to attempt to dox again. a very reasonable request. you didn't want to do it, so i told you have to or i'll have to demod you. that's when you told me to fuck off. end of your first modship.

the second time you were a mod was because you told me you were dying of cancer and being moderator of filmboards was your last wish. i thought, ok, that's kind of pathetic, and people will think i'm an idiot if i actually made you a mod again, but on the slim chance you actually have cancer, i'd be making a dying man happy so i might as well do it. i decided to take the hit for you once again. then a couple days later you went off on me again for something stupid, so i said "fuck this guy, i don't care if he really does have cancer, go die somewhere else," and i demodded you. in the end, you ended up miraculously recovering from your cancer only 2 weeks later, so no harm no foul. to be honest i'm probably the one that saved your life. you're welcome.

Would you consider making Kirk a mod again? What about ITTY?

You make some odd decisions, lad.

odd decisions if you're thinking too conventionally, but everything here is always done with great purpose, i assure you. this site wouldn't be here if i didn't mod the people i modded. none were actually chosen to moderate the site. the only reason i modded anyone back then was to keep them here posting. i didn't give a shit about moderation.

you didn't show up until later, but at that time it was basically just the ben site. he accounted for 90% of all activity. i knew his presence was probably keeping people away, he told me this himself, but i also knew the site wouldn't survive without him, so i needed to figure out a way to attract new users while being able to keep ben around. so that's when i starting modding anyone who was willing to post. i figured people might come if they get powers and then stick around to fuck with ben a little.

nettie was the first mod. i modded her because she threatened to leave after ben would attack her. itty was the second mod, who i modded because he was one of the only ones not afraid of ben. misandry was the third mod. she was the one i wanted most. i knew getting a girl posting would soften the image of the site for others and attract more guys as well. pretty soon patrick started posting more, so i modded him. geewizzz showed up, i modded him. rocketman showed up, i modded him. i even modded gwnyc a couple times. that's how desperate i was back then. eventually a community started to develop, the community you love, all thanks to my brilliant mod selections.

just for the record, mechanic and itty weren't crazy yet. mechanic posted mainly animal videos and i don't even remember what itty was posting. i thought he was the most boring poster of all time. he's much better now.

Will Fart be getting a shot next?

that's actually an interesting idea. maybe it would help rein her in a little, and she'd also be a reliable presence since she's not ever going to leave the site and is here for life. i'll think about it.

I'd find and delete every single post I made over the past 2 years and then leave.

Again you're lying. Everything you are saying can be attributed to Gameboy. I told Gameboy that I was leaving if I didn't get a Mod position. And at that time I yes I Steve Lake was generating 95% of the board activity on this shithole.

You even said to me in countless pm's, that you have to admit I draw everyone out to come here.

You said I was clearly driving all of the board activity for at least 7 or months. Your own words. Of course now you will say you never said it. So I was made a Mod the first time cause Gameboy told you Lake iseaving if you don't Mod him and right now Lake is the only thing keeping this board afloat.

So you are so full of shit. I don't even like Gameboy. I never have and I never will. But I will still take him over you any day of the week.

i don't know what i said. i know i've only ever said nice things to you though, so it's very possible i said all that. you are the lifeblood of filmboards. always have been. i never knew you threatening to leave was why gameboy made you a mod. frankly, i never had any clue why he decided to make you a mod. lately i've wondered if it wasn't deliberate sabotage on his part, which i actually recently accused him of in a pm. i guess i owe him an apology. personally, i never would have modded you based on a threat. i don't respond to threats other than to do the opposite. go check our pms from back then for proof. you threatened to leave if i demodded you, and that's when i demodded you.

You just can't admit you were wrong about me. When I was made a Mod. I thanked you. Even though it was Gameboy's decision.

I thanked you because it was the right thing to do since yiu actually owned the site. And I wasn't an OK Mod. I was a good Mod. I was settling Disputes.

Ask Gee Whiz or AJ how I was. Cause they saw what I was trying to do. I wanted only good things for this site. All I was asking was that I should have the right to take down posts that were openly doxxing me.

And you flat out refused me. You told me this, " I can't believe the legendary Troll Steve Lake doesn't have much thicker skin"

Which I responded I am legendary and I do have thick skin. But what these idiots are doing is wrong.

And yet if someone sneezes in Twiz direction they are permabanned.

Twiz attacked me for No reason when I was a Mod. No reason. I didn't even know her or who she was. I never posted on those shitty TWD or GOT boards.

And the only reason Twiz started attacking me was because Pagg got in her Ear at the time. In fact while I was a Mod Pagg posted a Pm of mine from 2009 where I was mourning the 10 year anniversary of my Sister's passing. I deleted it and Twizlee undeleted it.

Also while I was Mod the first time I came up with the idea of creating a board for only you and Gameboy and all of the Mods where qe could discuss posters and board policy without any of the trolls seeing or interfering.

Twizlee's response to my great idea was this: " Steve Lake you don't own or run this site so shut up already and stop acting like you're in charge"

Then 5 months later when Chickaboom was made a Mod and proposed the Same Idea I had already proposed, Twizlee had a different response.

" OH wow, great idea Chicka"

So the truth is you allowed Twizlee to destroy what could have been a very good working relationship and possible friendship you and I could have had. And you allowed her to completely destroy any chance of success this site might have had.

And you can laugh or ridicule me all you want with a snotty snarky answer. But everything I have said today is 100% true. I am honest to a fault. Even when it is to my personal detriment .

I laughed when another poster attributed that same quality to Frankenfag. Nope. He doesn't have that quality. He tells his whole life story for two reasons. He's incredibly stupid and he has no shame.

When I overshare its because I am coming from an Honest , earnest place. When I was demoded the first time I wrote a full whole page OP saying my regrets and goodbye . And I had many many posters pm me and some who actually dislike me tell me that what I wrote that day was Beautiful.

And the only reason Twiz started attacking me was because Pagg got in her Ear at the time. In fact while I was a Mod Pagg posted a Pm of mine from 2009 where I was mourning the 10 year anniversary of my Sister's passing. I deleted it and Twizlee undeleted it.

i undeleted that. i didn't know what it was. there was no reference to you that i recall. i just thought you were messing with pagg when you deleted it. my bad on that one. i'm pretty sure it was deleted once you told me what the context was.

Twizlee's response toy great idea was this: " Steve Lake you don't own or run this site so shut up already and stop acting like you're in charge"

good for her. moderators don't get to decide policy here. only i do. i'm not going let a bunch of soapboxers i don't even know that well run my site. that would be insane. we did put in a mod board eventually, but it was well before chickaboom showed up. misandry requested it. i think i posted on it once. it's gone now.

You just don't get it and you never will. I wasnt telling you what to do. I was genuinely appreciative of you allowing me to be a Moderator. I was really excited and enthusiastic. So I was trying to come up with new ideas to help make this place great. And the only thing you got from that was that a Soapboxer was trying to tell you how to run your site. 😔

i don't remember what your suggestions were, but i'm sorry if you felt ignored. maybe they were good ideas, better than mine even. it's possible, i'm not perfect and i've made many mistakes. but i have an overall vision that i believe in and which has worked fairly well so far, so it's not something i'm just going to easily change. a lot of people seem to get upset at me when i don't use their ideas, but it's nothing personal. they could be great ideas, they probably just aren't compatible with what i'm doing here. no hard feelings meant.

i've made many mistakes
There's time to make amends for at least one of them…

Mephistopheles is just beneath and he's reaching up to grab me.

Lol for a big bad troll, you do cry a lot you fucking pussy.

You really are the worst.

Back to back rock-paper-scissors world champion

You say something faggot?

Yeah I said go fuck your dead mother.

Back to back rock-paper-scissors world champion