Politics : Gen Z falls for online scams more than boomers

Gen Z falls for online scams more than boomers

https://www.vox.com/technology/23882304/gen-z-vs-boomers-scams-hacks

If you’re part of Generation Z — that is, born sometime between the late 1990s and early 2010s — you or one of your friends may have been the target or victim of an online scam. In fact, according to a recent Deloitte survey, members of Gen Z fall for these scams and get hacked far more frequently than their grandparents do.

Compared to older generations, younger generations have reported higher rates of victimization in phishing, identity theft, romance scams, and cyberbullying. The Deloitte survey shows that Gen Z Americans were three times more likely to get caught up in an online scam than boomers were (16 percent and 5 percent, respectively). Compared to boomers, Gen Z was also twice as likely to have a social media account hacked (17 percent and 8 percent). Fourteen percent of Gen Z-ers surveyed said they’d had their location information misused, more than any other generation. The cost of falling for those scams may also be surging for younger people: Social Catfish’s 2023 report on online scams found that online scam victims under 20 years old lost an estimated $8.2 million in 2017. In 2022, they lost $210 million.

These are the next gen of voters. 😬

Re: Gen Z falls for online scams more than boomers

Not surprising that the generation that has been convinced it's normal to cut your dick off would be a bunch of sheep.

LOL u cut ur dick off with tweezers

My password is password

Of course the generation more online will be more susceptible to ONLINE scams. What about scams in general like phone scams?

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

They're trapped in their box and lack real world experience for context. Of course they are more susceptible. They're also more easily programmed due to being plugged in all the time.

Filmboards: A place for friends.

Or, just hear me out, or they spend more time online than boomers.
Is a real head-scratcher, I know.

My password is password

Not even just Boomers. GenXers and even Millenials seem to have more real world experience and context. Perhaps more automation and AI will make them even more sheltered. Only time will tell to see how they adapt.

Filmboards: A place for friends.

Every time a new generation starts to hit adulthood writers of previous generations write articles criticizing them. You can find flaws in every generation.

morgan-freeman-theyre-right-you-know.gif