Religion, Faith, and Spirituality : Do you believe your loved ones watch over you from heaven?

Do you believe your loved ones watch over you from heaven?

Are your parents watching you from heaven? Can they see what you are doing at all times? Can anyone in heaven watch over anyone they want?

Re: Do you believe your loved ones watch over you from Heaven?…

"I AM El Señor Fernando PÓO (💩)!!!!".

Even when you masterbate?

"I AM El Señor Fernando PÓO (💩)!!!!".

Re: Do you believe your loved ones watch over you from heaven?

What is heaven?

LOL. 🤡🌎

A comforting idea, but no.

I don't find it comforting at all. I didn't want my parents watching what I was doing when they were alive, why would I want them watching me after?

No, but I do believe in the possibility of an afterlife.

Same. I have a firm beliefs that there are definitely different dimensions not just through deaths or dream state like sleep paralysis, but also behind "entry points" like the closed door, mirrors, and reflection of glass and other reflective things. Who knows….Donna could be watching you through those.

Without a bookmark in your life, you lose your sense of direction.

Donna could be watching you through those.

Or Ellen…!!!

😳 HOW can you say something so controversial yet so brave at the same time?!

I imagine one day if that happens, I'd look up and say, "Hey! I'm peeing! Go away!".

What about during the sex scenes?

For example, what if the dead parents watch their son having sex with a girl?

Mother: Oh, look at our son. I remember you used to do that to me.
Father: Yeah, that's my boy! I gave him a few suggestions and I see he took some of my suggestions! Look at her face. She looks like she's about to pass out!
Mother: And he's as big as you. Like father, like son.

–Meanwhile on Earth–

Son: *puts head up from between the girl's legs* Why do I have the feeling I'm being watched?

You're right. I don't want my recently deceased Catholic grandmother on my mother's side observing my carnal activities.

Right? Btw, RIP Leopold's grandmother. Honestly, I can see her judging you from the other side .

Жизни аватаров имеют значение …          

Not right away at least, but I believe they'll grow into the ability to see anything at any time. I believe eternal life includes the past before we were born. I don't believe they'll be able to change outcomes, however.

"It’s not the people who vote that count. It’s the people who count the votes."

[center] [hr] [poll closed multiple] [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup]th[/sup] [u][/u]  

What do you base this belief on?

That heaven is in another dimension, one that transcends time in our limited dimension. That's why I believe that those in it also exist in the past.

[center] [hr] [poll closed multiple] [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup]th[/sup] [u][/u]  

Mormons believe in a pre-existence. In fact they are the only Christian church which does as far as I know. It's one reason I give a certain credence to Mormonism.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Well I'm an Agnostic so…..

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

No, I don't think people in heaven can watch us.

If 'heaven' is another dimension, I suppose it might be possible, but I would hope that if there is an afterlife, people would be travelling at the speed of thought through the marvels of the universe, and not be bothering with watching me eat my breakfast. :)

How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Yes, Heaven is here, they're with us

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Heaven is in my bedroom…Ask the ladies.

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

You are definitely poop actor. Do you think we are stupid? You are THE WORST at disguising your identity while on socks.

Listen up you confusing mother fucker. I'm not poop actor..Prove it or loose it.

The ghost of Aoabai proved it. She placed her hand on my shoulder and whispered, "Leo, that's him, pop actor".

Sometimes I think as a ghost. My mom died from cancer in December 2018, and some things have happened, like my dreams.

Floridian
BlogSpot

Your mother ran away from you. It's about time someone told you the truth.

I certainly hope not.

How awkward!

What happened to the American Dream? It came true! You're lookin' at it…

My father, whoever that may be, watches me drink soy milk, from heaven.

I'm just a Soy-Milk-Drinking-Soy-Cuck.

Too soon.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

The afterlife must be awfully boring if my loved ones are watching me live out my own mortal existence.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

The afterlife must be awfully boring if my loved ones are watching me live out my own mortal existence.
Of course. Think about what that says about the quality or purpose of life in the afterlife if they watch us.

The whole idea is extremely solipsistic; people imagine that the souls which have passed on (or even heavenly beings, like God and the angels) are as interested in minutia of their petty earthly lives as they themselves are. It's a very self-centered belief.

§« The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters. »§

If you believe in God that makes no sense. Why would he not be interested in his creation? By extension so would his angels because they love us as he loves us.

“Love the people who saw you when you were invisible to everyone else.”

That's a deeply self-centered perspective and unrealistic perspective. Not even the most brilliant child can forever hold its parents attention to the exclusion of all else. It's understandable in infants and small children, but they're expected to grow out of it; it's profoundly unhealthy in adults.

That point of view also presumes that we're the most interesting and important beings in all the universe, the absolute pinnacle of God's creation. Psychologically speaking, it's imbalanced, and that's being kind. Perhaps psychotic would be more accurate.

That is not what I said. Parents check in on their kids once in a while. You think a God who created all this would be any different? No one said anything about 24/7 365 days. To assume that any being out there if that is what u belive,and that loves us is not checking in time to time is crazy. Weather it is a loved one or higher power. It is self centered to NOT care enough to do so.

No one said anything about 24/7 365 days.
When it comes to God, that's generally the belief, though, isn't it? "Not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it," remember? (Matthew 10:29b) Just because the bible says it doesn't mean it's not completely kooky, though. That's right up there with,

'He sees you when you're sleeping,
He knows when you're awake,
He knows if you've been bad or good,
So be good for goodness' sake!'

But this thread wasn't talking about God or angels; just the apparently interested dead, who evidently don't have lives of their own to pursue.

I don't know what I believe but if it gives someone comfort I am not going to take that away from them.

Indulging delusions does no one any favors - least of all those who harbor the delusions.

Watching over us does not mean to the exclusion of doing other things

Watching over us does not mean to the exclusion of doing other things
Watching over us - all of us - and everything else in the universe, too? That's absurdity on the level of imagining that Santa can deliver gifts to every household on earth within a few hours past midnight, or thinking that some kind of deity hears all the prayers - spoken, murmured, and thought - by all the billions of people on earth (oh - except those of the Jews, according to Southern Baptist President Bailey Smith who, in 1980, averred that "God Almighty does not hear the prayer of a Jew). And that, in addition to doing other things (like what, exactly? "Creating"? Making the astral bodies revolve around each other? Ensouling fetuses?).

There's never been so much as an iota of evidence for such a being.

It's Santa Claus for adults.

Our loved ones watch over us, not everything in the universe

I see the evidence, you're a skeptic so you can't see it

A form of ancestor worship. Pretty primitive.

What evidence?

The evidence is all around us

The evidence is all around us
You seem to be wandering again, subject-wise. And you're phoning it in. 'Evidence' for what? For God, or for our dead relatives watching over us and protecting us?

There's actually 'evidence' for neither.

But the whole 'dead relatives' thing, the ancestor worship, is a more primitive form of religious belief, and is mostly heterodox to the Abrahamic religions; that is, it is not encouraged in any of their scriptures. The bible actually prohibits it. As so often occurs however, one finds the Catholics doing things the bible forbids, i.e. their cult of the saints. But even in the case of the saints, these are generally vetted and handpicked by the Church, consisting of its own important figures watching over us ('Mary,' 'Joseph,' 'Christopher,' etc.), not your dead relatives.

Again, what evidence? Be specific.

Figure it out for yourself, you're a smart guy, right?

I accept your concession.

I never said I worship ancestors