From Dusk Till Dawn : Did you like Quentin's performance as Richie?

Did you like Quentin's performance as Richie?

"In 1996, Tarantino was nominated for a Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actor in From Dusk Till Dawn."

That is *beep* crazy! It's one of my favorite performances on film! Who else could portray this character with the same weirdness as Quentin did?

Re: Did you like Quentin's performance as Richie?

I agree, it really is. I thought Quentin was pretty good in this film but I much preferred his performance as The Pick-Up Guy in Desperado. Cool character and ironically the only good character I've seen QT portray on film, excluding Warren from Death Proof, who was basically was just the Bartender.

"I am the ultimate badass, you do not wanna `*beep*` wit me!"- Hudson in Aliens.

Quentin is a terrible actor and he is so annoying!

He is great in this movie!

I did. He had 'Sex Offender' written all over him. Even when he's not doing films, he has that look.

@Mandingo609 He had 'Sex Offender' written all over him. Even when he's not doing films, he has that look.
Agreed, and here is Exhibit A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V51KvcaA5c0#t=2m21s

That is terrifying.

He was really good in this! Definately the best performance of his career!
I agree that he isn't exactly a good actor in most of his films but in this one? He nailed that character perfectly and had great chemistry with Clooney.

BTW, when I saw this in cinema all the way back in 1996 it was my first Tarantino flick. I didn't know that it was him. The lack of bias maybe helped acknowledging his skills.

This is the best acting I've seen from Quentin, he was fantastic in this film.

He must have done a good job because I've hated him ever since. My first exposure to QT was when I was younger, and I was watching this movie when it was first released for home viewing. After he killed Gloria (I think that was her name) I was appalled, and I've always saw him as being Richie ever since.

Even when I see him in interviews or other films, in the back of my head I'm thinking 'yup, he's a pervy douchecanoe.'

"Well...I've seen enough. Come on Charlie, we're going home."

... Tarantino was nominated for a Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actor in From Dusk Till Dawn.
If that was the case, it was a ridiculous nomination. I thought he was suitably psycho in the role.🐭

although imo he surely didnt deserve that "award" it wasnt perfect or amazing........he is a horrible actor and there were times when it showed here....however there were times he killed it nd he was amazing but overall good but inconsistent.........hats off 2 him for writing a screenplay where a character gets to suck salma hayeks toes and yelling in rods face if he doesnt let him play the character he wont get to direct the film lmao.....that *beep* likes feet more than i do lol dont blame him was a boss move lol

Oh great, now it's my dick that's killing me

Let's put it this way…

If you're going to make a road movie about two kidnapping brothers, and you need an actor to play Richie Gecko -- insane and totally depraved brother of George Clooney -- ... would Quentin Tarantino be your first choice? If your name is Robert Rodriguez, the answer is yes. For most other producers/directors they would be able to come up with at least 10 better candidates. Edward Norton would have been an interesting choice.

He's great in this and Little Nicky, good in Reservoir Dogs, and atrocious in Pulp Fiction.

Really it's a shame because Pulp Fiction would've been perfect if someone else played Jimmie.

----
I'd love to see you in the moonlight with your head thrown back and your body on fire.

@GorillazButter Apparently is was going to be Steve Buscemi who played Jimmy, but he didn't have enough time, so he had to play the waiter instead. Imagine if Tarantino and Buscemi had switched roles - how awesome would that have been? Ah well.

Atrocious in pulp fiction??? Pretty harsh

Why ?

by Morpheus640 » 5 hours ago (Sat Apr 11 2015 12:23:18)
IMDb member since May 2005

"Atrocious" is pretty harsh. He wasn't bad in that one either. "And I don't wanna get fooqing divorced!"

Votes: 3,359
My website: (http://geeksteronmovies.blogspot.com/)

Why ?

His line delivery makes me cringe, simple as that. His swearing felt unnatural and took me out of the film. And not in a "nerd out of his element" kinda way. If he said it in an annoyed/angry tone without yelling it wouldn't have came off so forced. His mannerisms are off too.

----
I'd love to see you in the moonlight with your head thrown back and your body on fire.

Well i would have to disagree. I can watch the scene with Jimmie over and over again. I love his delivery as that character.

If you save the world, We can do it in the *beep*
My top 100 http://www.imdb.com/li

I think it's his best performance (which isn't saying much), but it would have been great to see Buscemi in the role.

Hey there, Johnny Boy, I hope you fry!

He fits the role, though his novice acting level was less apparent in Reservoir Dogs.

Votes: 3,321
My website: (http://geeksteronmovies.blogspot.com/)

Yup I would say that Quentin is actually a pretty good actor. He could be great even if he had stick to acting as his profession. But he has been good in most of the smaller parts that he has played.

If you save the world, We can do it in the *beep*
My top 100 http://www.imdb.com/li

The Golden Raspberry Awards once nominated Ennio Morricone for Worst Score. That tells you everything you need to know about their credibility.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Quentin is generally a horrible actor BUT....he did great this movie.

Unsure as to why that was but his performance here was on-point. In other movies - not so much.

http://werewolvesbeatingadeadhorse.blogspot.com/

I really liked his performance, I really did come off as a completely unhinged and creepy looking sex offender.

Don't put the devil in the picture, cause' the religious groups won't wanna see it.

He was Richie in this movie. While watching it time and again, I never stopped to think that's Quentin Tarantino... I only thought that while reading this thread. The only people who think that he's bad in this movie are pompous internet dweebs who want to appear sophisticated and brilliant.

"Baba Booey! Baba Booey!"

Compared to Jimmy in Pulp Fiction, he's like Robert De Niro here.

He was perfect in this role. The razzies have as much credibility as any other award ceremony. Never take them seriously.

Tarantino was both funny and creepy as Richie. It's by far the best performance he ever gave in a film.

Fred Wood is everywhere.

http://movie-dude.com/Fred%20Woods.htm

I had no problem with Tarantino. He made Richie scary and fun!

My only problem with this movie is the feeling that you are watcing one movie in the beginning and then ….????
You are into another movie.
Same thing with Full Metal Jacket!
I love/hate both films for the same reason.

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

he's usually bad but on purpose kind of being that he knows he's the creator.

in this movie though he's great. i think he had good direction since he wasn't the director like the other movies.

The Fearmakers Blog https://thefearmakers.blogspot.com/