Religion, Faith, and Spirituality : Christians are fuckin retarded

Christians are fuckin retarded

?si=Oi8ZGyydIXRv4QyO

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Re: Christians are fuckin retarded

Weren't your parents christian?

My password is password

Barely. Technically Catholic, but almost never went to church. When I used to go, it was usually with my batshit insane grandmother.

I was kinda raised with the comforting thought of a loving cosmic father figure god and Heaven for good people, with Hell only for the worst kinds of people.
I didn't really get exposed to the more toxic aspects of religion until my peers brought me to their Baptist churches.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

I'm sure your sister would say "praise the lord" if you keeled over and died from a heart attack.

Dendrolagus Uranus

lmao

My password is password

Kirk slapping that fool around all weekend like Patrick! 💪💪

My password is password

Dude, my sister has my back lol. Wondering if Is hould name drop someone here who experienced it firsthand. 🤔
Probably not a good idea, but I will namedrop Millard. She utterly destroyed him. 🤭

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Uh oh Fugazi is threatening to namedrop posters. You're a pussy, you won't do shit.

My password is password

His sister has his back because the rest of her family is dead. He's all she has left, and he's squeezing every ounce he can out of her misplaced generosity.

My password is password

He's sucking all the blood out of her fat ass.

My password is password

Nah, we have my oldest siater, most of her family, and a couple of my cousins are cool. The rest are shit.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

No one gives a shit about cousins unless they're fucking them, retard.

My password is password

Weird you’re not threatening frtt for saying that and only ever threaten to dox me. Probably because I made Monica cum on accident the other day.

Fuck you, fugazi.

Frtt for saying what? She's not even in this thread lol.

I haven't doxxed you, so quit yet bitchin

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Monicah is very displeased with your conduct as of late, fugazi. She wants to attach electrodes to your nipples and fire you with bolts of electricity while nimda urinates on your face and MOB’s tits jiggle cartoonishly.

Sounds hot.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Unlike him, you have no one that cares.

My password is password

Is that what you think your mother would say if you keeled over?

My password is password

No we’re not!!!

Why are you so obsessed with me?

You're a perfect example of this.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

I am not a retard you truly are horrible

You can dish it out, but can't handle it when someone insults you lol.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Well I told you I was joking you took it so seriously !!

I'm joking too.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Some of them are. The ones I come across on-line are really something "special." I'm surprised they know how to dress themselves.

It's not that christians [as a whole] are stupid. It's just that they refuse to look at their beliefs objectively. They lower their standards of evidence because their beliefs give them some kind of comfort [which means it's not based on fact or reason].

If you understand that only 9% of them have read the bible from cover to cover then it becomes clear that they majority only believe because they were raised to do so.

Let's not pretend that these people did any exhaustive research into religion.

It's the same for religious people the world over, not just Christians.

My password is password

My password is password

I notice you never mock any other religions. That's because you perceive Christians to be white and therefore have higher expectations on them. You think Christians are stupid for their belief but black and brown people aren't for theirs, because they're black and brown and therefore don't know any better.

It's a weird form of self-loathing. You hate your own kind for their superiority.

My password is password

Christians are the biggest threat right now next to islam.

They're all as stupid as each other, but the subject was christianity.

Nonsense. Authentic Christians are no threat to you or anyone else.

People like you and Fugazi often "feel" threatened by legit people of faith because they live their lives in such a way that makes you realize what relative frauds you are.

So you feel compelled to make threads like these to try to smear them. You tell tales of nutjob unbalanced Christians as if that negates the validity of legit Christianity.

It doesn't. Don't hate us Christians. It gets you nothing.

God loves you. I love you.

My password is password

Cheistians are responsible for all the laws and lack of rights, past and present for the LGBTQ community.
Fuck off and die.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

I don't know if that is true, but it has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

For you to try to characterize authentic Christians as being like every Christian you dislike or you don't agree with does not negate what I'm saying.

My password is password

No true Scotsman fallacy lol

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Authentic Christians are no threat to you or anyone else.

This is a Scotsman.

No true Scotsman, or appeal to purity, is an informal fallacy in which one attempts to protect their generalized statement from a falsifying counterexample by excluding the counterexample improperly. Rather than abandoning the falsified universal generalization or providing evidence that would disqualify the falsifying counterexample, a slightly modified generalization is constructed ad-hoc to definitionally exclude the undesirable specific case and similar counterexamples by appeal to rhetoric. This rhetoric takes the form of emotionally charged but nonsubstantive purity platitudes such as "true", "pure", "genuine", "authentic", "real", etc [Wiki]

In other words to make their argument someone will decide who and who is not part of their preferred group in an subjective (and convenient) manner.

I think you'll find things are a little more complicated than that.

Such a weird guy. It's like Anthony Rocks with a mathematical brain. 😂

My password is password

And ad hominems are still not arguments.

Do you know what an argument is? That looked like a straightforward statement to me.

My password is password

It was addressing me and not what I said.

This is a Scotsman.

No true Scotsman, or appeal to purity, is an informal fallacy in which one attempts to protect their generalized statement from a falsifying counterexample by excluding the counterexample improperly. Rather than abandoning the falsified universal generalization or providing evidence that would disqualify the falsifying counterexample, a slightly modified generalization is constructed ad-hoc to definitionally exclude the undesirable specific case and similar counterexamples by appeal to rhetoric. This rhetoric takes the form of emotionally charged but nonsubstantive purity platitudes such as "true", "pure", "genuine", "authentic", "real", etc [Wiki]

In other words to make their argument someone will decide who and who is not part of their preferred group in an subjective (and convenient) manner.
I've heard of this informal fallacy, but it does not apply here because I'm not making a generalized statement.

As a matter of fact, you and Fugazi are committing a more serious fallacy; you are arguing "from the general to the specific" by asserting that because you know examples of unauthentic Christians bad actions, Christianity itself is invalid or "retarded."

My password is password

Correction:

As a matter of fact, you and Fugazi are committing a more serious fallacy; you are arguing "from the specific to the general" by asserting that because you know examples of unauthentic Christians bad actions, Christianity itself is invalid or "retarded."

My password is password

does not apply here because I'm not making a generalized statement.

Really?

"Authentic Christians are no threat to you or anyone else." is a general statement about your preferred type of Christians, ending in a clause which refers to others in general. (And er, wasn't it you just recently who complained about using semantics?)

you are arguing "from the specific to the general" by asserting that because you know examples of unauthentic Christians bad actions, Christianity itself is invalid or "retarded."

I can't speak for others, but please link to where I have specifically argued or asserted that Xianity is 'invalid' based on a few glaring examples. Or indeed have ever used the word "retarded", since you have it here in quotes, come to that.

"Authentic Christians are no threat to you or anyone else." is a general statement about your preferred type of Christians, ending in a clause which refers to others in general.
"Authentic Christians are no threat to you or anyone else" is simply a fact. Your attempt to drag it into argumentative analysis is a big fail, but if you'd like to provide a hypothetical that proves it's not a fact, that might be an interesting fail of another type.
(And er, wasn't it you just recently who complained about using semantics?)
Nope.
I can't speak for others, but please link to where I have specifically argued or asserted that Xianity is 'invalid' based on a few glaring examples. Or indeed have ever used the word "retarded", since you have it here in quotes, come to that.
What is your opinion of authentic Christianity as opposed to all the inauthentic types? (My bad on "unauthentic"…caught that mistake too late to fix it.)

Do you know or have you known any authentic Christians? Elaborate.

My password is password

Authentic Christians are no threat to you or anyone else" is simply a fact.

Here you have decided for the purposes of the argument who are 'authentic Christians'. Hence it is a Scotsman. I might just as easily choose another selection of believers, just as arbitrarily and call them authentic. See how it works? Internecine strife within religions down the years have shown the effects of asserting one's preferred group are 'the true believers'.

Your attempt to drag it into argumentative analysis is a big fail,

Pointing out your (assuming you are the same person, of course, since it is easy to hide behind the general anonymous '/.' offered by this board) fallacious way of argument is completely legitimate. Sorry if you don't like it.

but if you'd like to provide a hypothetical that proves it's not a fact, that might be an interesting fail of another type.

As per above I can take any group of believers and call them 'authentic' to my satisfaction just as you have.

"please link to where I have specifically argued or asserted that Xianity is 'invalid' based on a few glaring examples. Or indeed have ever used the word "retarded", since you have it here in quotes, come to that."

No link given by way of response for this, I note.

What is your opinion of authentic Christianity as opposed to all the inauthentic types?

I wouldn't divide religions into 'authentic' and 'inauthentic', sorry, for the reasons already outlined. It is a subjective distinction often made to serve an argument. The best practice instead is to take believers at their word. So when someone says, for instance, the world started 6000 years ago, I assume that is what they believe, or when another says that religion 'cannot be taken literally' (as someone did to me recently over on Imdb2), ditto.

I wouldn't divide religions into 'authentic' and 'inauthentic', sorry, for the reasons already outlined. It is a subjective distinction often made to serve an argument.
Well, that's not the reason I used the phrase "authentic Christian."

An authentic Christian is a person who follows the teachings of Christ. Simple as that.

My password is password

You're wasting your time. That guy is an idiot. You'll spend the whole time arguing semantics and never actually getting to the heart of the argument.

My password is password

That guy is an idiot.

I think we have exchanged points before, and an ad hominem is still not an argument.

I haven't offered it as one.

Perhaps you've forgotten, but we agreed what was an ad hominem and what wasn't. You then moved the goal posts to claim your statement that "ad hominems are not an argument" was in fact correct because it's a true, standalone statement.

You're a weird guy. I hope you're medicated for the sake of your family and friends.

My password is password

I told you that an ad hominem is when one attacks the individual and not what he or she says. Doing so is not argument. It is, usually an insult and something personal. I don't remember reasoning for a 'stand alone argument' (over a sentence clause for instance) btw, but no doubt you have read it into things I have said. We only agreed, if it is the occasion and you the anonymous poster I am thinking of, that your statement then was, conceivably not wholly insulting, I hope that helps.

You're a weird guy. I hope you're medicated for the sake of your family and friends.

An ad hominem is still not an argument. But I can see why you need, still hiding behind anonymity, now to fall back on insults rather argue views and points lol

An authentic Christian is a person who follows the teachings of Christ. Simple as that.

I am sure that is your opinion, to which you a perfectly entitled. But as previously explained, it is a necessarily subjective one as you are deciding who belongs to a group you favour.

Suppose I was to say that the only 'authentic Christians', in my view, were those who believed in and worshiped the Christian God and nothing else was essential? Simple as that. You may not agree but again, it is just an opinion.

Or is it that the 'authentic Christian' is one saved by their good works … or is it faith alone?

Or again perhaps the only 'authentic Christians' in my view might be Arabici: those who believe that the soul perishes with the body rather than being eternal, and that both would be revived on Judgement Day.

Or finally perhaps the only 'authentic Christian' is one who does not judge others, especially in calling or considering others not 'authentic Christians' in the first place.

Not so simple, eh?