Goodfellas : Can someone explain…

Can someone explain…

I LOVE this movie, but I've never fully understood the scene where Jimmy tells Karen to go down to store at the corner and she gets scared and drives home. Did he hire those men to whack her? I just saw this movie for the first time recently, so I apologize if the explanation is obvious and I missed it.

Re: Can someone explain…

We are left to wonder.

I think it was too sloppy for a hit.

My belief is that Karen was being paranoid.

I think the director wanted us to be an unsure as she was.

No power in the verse can stop me

Yeah, Jimmy was going to have those men hold her as collateral (to lure Henry out of hiding since Henry was basically a shut in for fear being killed and under constant surveillance by the FBI). Jimmy would have then killed Henry and Karen to prevent them from ratting him out about the Lufthansa heist, all the murders connected with it and his part in the drug dealings.

When the fellas in the shop, stopped what they were doing and shushed each other, especially that part of Brooklyn , that was a bad sign. They probably were gonna stuff her in one of those boxes.

Spoiler alert for them spoil sports out there! Y'all like spoiled milk, stop crying over it!

Jimmy sure went about it in a clumsy fashion. You'd think he wouldn't be so obvious. Maybe he was just trying to scare her.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Jimmy "The Gent" was getting sloppy in his later years.

i often wondered about this...i dont what they were planning, but i dont think it was good