Die Hard 2 : Are these plot holes in Die Hard 2?

Are these plot holes in Die Hard 2?

Maybe I missed something but I thought these plot holes were actually quite big to drive the plot through, unless I am wrong?

The terrorists are holding planes hostage in the air, by not allowing them to land, but why don't those planes just go to other airports? Isn't that a huge plot hole in the hostage planning?

Also, later on in the movie the villains are special forces guys, but they do not want the airport police to know they are the villains so they pretend to shoot at the terrorists with blanks in their guns because they do not want the police to know they are on the terrorist's side.

The terrorists also shoot back at the special forces guys with blanks as well to fool them. But it would make a lot more sense for the special forces guys to turn their guns on the airport police and just shoot them to death instead, of pretending to shoot each other with blanks, and fooling their airport police, when they don't need the airport police alive at all.

Unless these are not plot holes and did hold together?

Re: Are these plot holes in Die Hard 2?

The terrorists are holding planes hostage in the air, by not allowing them to land, but why don't those planes just go to other airports?

It was probably explained already, and you missed when that happened.

But it would make a lot more sense for the special forces guys to turn their guns on the airport police and just shoot them to death instead, of pretending to shoot each other with blanks, and fooling their airport police, when they don't need the airport police alive at all.

The bad guys shooting the police. Wasn't that done in the first movie?

Oh okay, what did I miss though?

Re: Are these plot holes in Die Hard 2?…

yes.gif, those are ALL PLOT HOLES, BUT I DON'T GIVE a FUCK…since DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER IS my FAVORITE action-flick of ALL-TIME!!!

"THAT'S SOME BAD SHIT, HARRY!". wink.gif

The other airports were all closed due the snow, it was said at the start, so the planes set to land there were all actually being diverted to this airport before the terrorists closed it down.

So there wasn't a near airport for them to go to due to this. I remember it was therefore said the planes with enough fuel were being sent elsewhere those without enough were circling waiting for the chance to land.

It is a plot hole that the entire ransom situation came about due to blind luck as they couldn't have predicted the snowstorm closing the nearby airports. But then thinking further the original plan may not have been to hold the planes circling as ransom but to keep forcing them to crash giving improper instructions like they did in revenge to McClaine shouting off.

The second one they did shoot the airport police. Remember Robert Patrick scene,
what do I look like to you,
a sitting duck….shoots him and then they open fire killing all of the airport armed police and were going to kill the airport engineer until John McClain comes in to save the day.

The church scene the police were right next to the special forces team and the plan was to get out of there ASAP anyway so no need to kill them.

81033e24-86f1-4493-8f5a-f90f050cc6c2_text.gif