Food and Drink : Acorn pancakes.

Acorn pancakes.

So, after a bit of trial & error experimenting with acorns I managed to create a passable acorn flower with I mixed with Bisquik to create some acorn pancakes. Rather tasty.

You're a fucking asshole! I admire that.

Re: Acorn pancakes.

You sound like Maxim Recoil.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Lol, yeah.

I can't even imagine what an acorn tastes like.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Bitter, nutty with a hint of ginger.

you said the same about Trump's cum

😅😅😅

Link…

Ya think?

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Do you remember Maxim? Interesting guy. He lived in Maine. He used to post a lot of do-it-yourself stories about home repair, cooking, anything. I liked him for that.

But for those who were on the old Soapbox before 2010, he was a rabid right wing extremist and raging homophobe. Lol.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Yes, I remember Maxim.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

From what IMDb board? If I remember you never did the Soapbox, amirite?

I GameBoy - H. superior

It might have been Monkeys. (Not even IMDb - ProBoards)

No, I don't go that far back with you guys.

Hey! I think I remember him. Decent fellow. We used to gang up and talk shit to Random_Sample.

Yeah, politically he's right there with you.

I GameBoy - H. superior

It a good place to. Thinking of building a house here.

You can sleep with Maxim during construction.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Not my type but if your ass is sore and you need some relief we could always tie Conman over a barrel.

Nothing goes up my ass. If Conman has a nice ass I'll ride him.

I GameBoy - H. superior

No doubt his goon ass is just as filthy as his bastard mouth but ain't nothing you cant solve in 5 minutes with a pressure washer and a wire brush. Feel free to use any part of conman twinky you wish.

An as we draw this conversation concerning conmans only possible reason for existence to a close I bid thee a good day.

And Fuck his Mother.

I GameBoy - H. superior

You sound like Maxim Recoil.

Or Euell Gibbons. He had a set of acorns. Or was it hickory nuts? I honestly can’t recall. We’ll have to have @Lilith whip out her Ouija board and summon Johnny Carson, for that one :D

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

😄

Floridian
BlogSpot

Lol. I always marvel at how everyone but myself, are always able to find the perfect .gif for the occasion

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

It is bothering me he mixed it in with Bisquick. lol sorry but if you are going thru the trouble of doing something from scratch don't half ass it. Go all the way and make pancake mix from scratch. Food rant over 😂

“Love the people who saw you when you were invisible to everyone else.”

Yeah, I know, I know…

Perhaps it was an improvisation at the last minute? I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Purist! I see nothing wrong with Bisquick. I don't use it. But it's just a premixed flour.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Dude. Have you ever read the ingredients?

If I can make it myself I usually go that route. Unfortunately sometimes its not possible. Reading the ingredients on some things will put you off it fast lol

I just googled it. It's flour with shortening, salt, sugar and baking powder. The only problem I might have is the shortening. What, trans fatty acids?

I GameBoy - H. superior

Do you know the ratio?

No, I'm a doctor, not a biochemist. I just looked up the ingredients online.

I GameBoy - H. superior

That's, for me personally, my point. I don't know the source, quality or ratio of what they're putting in. Fat is the 2nd ingredient followed by salt. So there's more salt than sugar in their mix. Think about that.

I want to be able to control what I put into my body.

Truth be told the only thing I've ever eaten with Bisquick is when I was a kid my mother would make dumplings for stew with it. Now they were delicious.

I GameBoy - H. superior

My Nana used to make these incredible dumplings but they were from scratch. I wish I got her recipe. God, they were too perfect. I could swear she used potato in there somewhere as well, and egg as well, but I'll never know. But that woman would never dare use anything prepared.

I was so spoiled by having grandparents who cooked from scratch. :)

That sounds like gnocchi. You can find great recipes for it and add what you want to it. Dumplings are different.

Yes, it does, doesn't it.

But it's not. I know what gnocchi is. Very different.

Nana made big, puffy dumplings. I'm probably totally wrong, mind you. I was a little kid at the time. It's possible I'm just remembering this big, white, round things and lumping it into the "potato" family by default.

They were light, but had this chewy texture as well. Oh man, how I miss her cooking. Everything she cooked was delightful.

Gnocchi uses potato in a lot of recipes. Do you think she just did not roll it out and cut it? Of course she probably made her own version of dumplings. If they melted in your mouth it was Gnocchi lol Either one is a possibility cause your family is from the old country. Potato dumplings are very much a thing so you are probably remembering right.

I'm not really sure. I only helped with the things she allowed me to. Otherwise the kitchen was her sacred domain. They were airy, but with bits to bite into that were firmer. (Does that make sense?)

I remember her taking them out of the broth, just oh, so, so moist and good. *drool*

Dammit gurl. You went and edited your post again, lol

Yes, I know the difference.

I have eaten gnocchi before at Italian restaurants. Very different than dumplings.

^^^ German dumplings!

See why I'd make a "potato" association as a kid?

You have made me crave chicken and dumplings now lol

Me too! Let's go get some. Nom nom.

I would make it for you 😛

Tease!

My mom was a 50's style Betty Crocker cook. Comfort food though.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

👍