Prey : Absolutely terrible.

Absolutely terrible.

The cast is like a bunch of Twilight rejects. They're all skinny and act too modern. They way they speak and mock one another makes them even less imposing than they already look.

The French trappers? 😆🤣😂 They were all incompetent goofs. Total goobers.

That girl taking out a bunch of hunters and the Predator? The war cry when she killed it? Laughable. Absolutely laughable.

And of course it doesn't look like the classic creature. Do they never learn?! That's 3 movies in a row now they pissed all over the iconic monster for their own "newer and better" creation.

There was nothing good about this movie. There was no tension. The action sequences were flat an anticlimactic. Anticlimactic action is the worst. It reminded me of Twilight, a CW comic book show, or one of those countless attempts to ripoff Twilight: lame goofy action you see in genre movies aimed at women. I don't know why, but those movies and shows aimed at women always have cheap action.

It reminded me of Halloween Kills or that ladt Matrix movie: a cheap knockoff of earlier movies in the series. An impression. A bad one at that. A parody.

Don't even get me started on the CGI animals.

There was not a single thing about this movie that I liked.

Re: Absolutely terrible.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid it like the plague.

That girl taking out a bunch of hunters and the Predator? The war cry when she killed it? Laughable. Absolutely laughable.

This is the way things are now. It's all political.

Films aren't written from the heart by passionate film makers anymore. It's written by people with agendas.

I don't want to talk politics on a Predator board. I'm beyond sick of politics ruining movie discussions.

I don't have a problem with Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor. They were some of my favorite characters growing up. My dog is name Ripley for Christ's sake. Princess Leia, Gina Davis in The Long Kiss Goodnight, Kate Beckinsale in those vampire movies, I like em all - this was just a bad movie.

The Predator beats a bear in a hand-to-hand fight, but this girl takes it down with some wire fu and an axe. I did not expect to hate this movie, but there wasn't a single thing I liked about it.

I don't have a problem with Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor. They were some of my favorite characters growing up. My dog is name Ripley for Christ's sake. Princess Leia, Gina Davis in The Long Kiss Goodnight

It's interesting when these characters get brought up in regards to strong female roles. I do agree with you, they are great characters. These parts are only as good as the filmmakers behind them though.

For example, Sarah Connor was created by James Cameron. He wrote the part, and most importantly, he directed the actress on her performance. That's why it's a great part, he ain't trying to make a statement. Cameron made sure Sarah was likable and a relatable person. Same with Ripley in Aliens - JC wrote the part and directed Weaver.

Now imagine these parts in the hands of people today? Sarah would be the one protecting Reese in Terminator and Ripley would be the head of the colonial marines and everyone would bow to her instead of rolling their eyes at her alien fables. They wouldn't be as likable or relatable.

It's like that because people mandate that female characters must be strong no matter what and it doesn't work. Rey in The Farce Awakens is a perfect example of that.

So maybe not necessarily political. Just poor writing and directing.

No, I don't think you're wrong that it's got some political motives, I just don't feel like talking politics

I just can't believe there are so many people praising this movie. It's really bad quality.

The same director did Cloverfield Lane, which I really like. It's an excellent movie. That's how you show a woman dealing with a bigger and stronger opponent.

Films aren't written from the heart by passionate film makers anymore. It's written by people with agendas.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Good to see someone on the same wavelength. Wish more people would wake up to this and start boycotting this trash.

Then again, The Critical Drinker and RLM both praised this movie, so I dunno.

by Jim Shortz August 14, 2022 01:36 AM
Member since April 27, 2022

Good to see someone on the same wavelength. Wish more people would wake up to this and start boycotting this trash.

Then again, The Critical Drinker and RLM both praised this movie, so I dunno.

Nine Million Bicycles in Beijing (that's a fact!)

I had a gut feeling that this was one to miss. Thanks for confirming that feeling.

It was worse than I imagined. I thought the trailer looked good. I wanted to like this movie. I went into it rooting for it.

But it was awful. It did everything wrong that I feared it could. It was cheap looking and flat. Even the music was boring. There was no tension or build up. Every kill was just there.

I really liked the Movie and based on the majority of the reactions and reviews of the Movie, a heck of a lot of other people liked it as well.

It is definitely 1 of the Best Movies in the "PREDATOR" Franchise.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

The OP is a moron.

My password is password

I really liked the Movie and based on the majority of the reactions and reviews of the Movie, a heck of a lot of other people liked it as well.
You are not a voice of reason and never have been.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

I told you about the quality of these streaming service movies.

When I tell people the theory that they are making beloved franchise movies terrible ON PURPOSE they can't grasp it. This is a shining example. They chose to use this take?? They should have just used the audio of when Patricia Arquette killed Tony Soprano and showed her from an overhead angle. B-grade movies where the heroine kills the bad guy had better primal screams than this.

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd

"When I tell people the theory that they are making beloved franchise movies terrible ON PURPOSE they can't grasp it."

Because it's insane, that's why.

When I tell people the theory that they are making beloved franchise movies terrible ON PURPOSE they can't grasp it.

I too have considered this, I just cant quite figure out why?

👙🐗🍱🕜

And ruffnapples mickdonnorballs! Just try not to sweat lol!

The French trappers

I thought this took place during neanderthal times?

but now that I think about it, a movie where the human characters just grunt instead of talking wont be all that watchable.

what era does it take place in?

Early 1700s.

And of course it doesn't look like the classic creature

I like the idea of the preds not all looking the exact same, its like humans, we are all the same shape more or less but we all look different for the most part. What was your exact problemo with its apperance? Its size? its face? its gear?

Because the original design worked. When you think of "a predator" , you think of that look. It's an unnecessary change. Predator 2, the AVP movies - they all looked like the same species without looking exactly the same.

A little variation is fine. It's like a different race or how chimps and gorillas are related, but not the same exact species. But this obsession with dwarfing and disrespecting the original is infuriating.

But he was not even that different looking? he was just taller and bigger and seemed to have a different skin tone is all?

It looks more like the Super Predator in Predators than the original creature design.

so then it was a super predator, still dont see the problem. They are part of established lore.

"still dont see the problem."

Comprehension exercises maybe?

Or, you being a fucktard.

My password is password

I can't take anyone who logs into that account seriously. Grow a pair, ya pussy.

do you mean that big white thing on its head? because that was a helmet made from the skull of an alien beast, not the preds actual head

All the fags at Moviechat.org are jerking themselves off over this movie and how “great” it is and how it’s the “best entry in the series” LoL seriously it’s pathetic

This guy didn't: https://moviechat.org/tt11866324/Prey/62ee9cbddcac6f2d54e43022/Absolute-dog-shit. Looks like he stole my post and everything.

by kuatorises August 07, 2022 03:02 PM
Member since April 29, 2020

This guy didn't: https://moviechat.org/tt11866324/Prey/62ee9cbddcac6f2d54e43022/Absolute-dog-shit. Looks like he stole my post and everything.

Maybe…or it is simply you on MovieChat.
Even DuckYouSucker's other posts there sound like you.

Busted!

My password is password

by /. August 09, 2022 04:38 AM
Member since April 2, 2019

Busted!

Call me Buster Keaton.

Great work as always, my Liebchen!

by Joc Spader August 09, 2022 04:45 AM
Member since July 2, 2018

Great work as always, my Liebchen!

Thank you, mein Schatz!
That wasn't really "work"…only did read about the movie. ☺

No, I got banned from that site.

by kuatorises August 09, 2022 01:35 PM
Member since April 29, 2020

No, I got banned from that site.

You got banned from MovieChat and IMDb2.
With how many accounts?

I have no idea, why would I keep track of that? Likely my original and only account at each.

That's probably the truth.

I would not say that this movie was terrible. However, it was not nearly as good as we were all led to believe. Why does this movie have 92% on Rotten Tomatoes? The original Predator only has 80% on Rotten Tomatoes and that was a far superior movie.

There wasn't a single I liked about this movie. I did not expect to feel that way. I had concerns, but thought the trailer looked good.

"Why does this movie have 92% on Rotten Tomatoes? The original Predator only has 80% on Rotten Tomatoes"

Pure insanity.

It was bearable, but not something I'd recommend to my friends.

It's insane this has a higher rating than the original. Just goes to show you the masses fall for a shiny new toy very easily sometimes.

Really? Good lord. A reminder of why imdb sucked so bad.

Sounds like 'woke' PC bullshit. I'll avoid it.

I enjoyed it. Definitely not as good as the OG film but better than other recent entries.

She doesn't take out the Predator by brute strength but but inginuity. That worked for me.

Grade "A" Fully Loaded
"Sexy as Hell"

I watched the final fight again yesterday and still can't make out what happened with the mask and the ricochet firing. The lighting was too dark but not as bad as AVPR was where you couldn't see shit.

She tricks him into firing his weapon after the mask targets him.

Grade "A" Fully Loaded
"Sexy as Hell"

Really loved that bear fight too. I think it could see the predator. Don't animals have a similar vision spectrum too?