Cinderella Man : Who else thinks this is Russels best movie ?

Who else thinks this is Russels best movie ?

I think it is. Gladiator is great but for me Cinderella man is the best work from Crowe. I can understand that Crowe was dissapointed when it did bad at the boxoffice. For me its the third best boxingmovie of all time.

Re: Who else thinks this is Russels best movie ?

For me this is the best boxing movie, simply loved it, Crowe's tremendous in it.

Yeah its really good, but for me Rocky is still nr 1 with Raging bull being runner up.

I know everybody say's Gladiator because it is so commercial, but i have the agree with the mob, Gladiator is amazing.

Not taking anything away from Cinderella Man, i only just saw it today and i was astounded that i had not seen this film before today. It blew me away.

The scene's during the depression were so sad; they had me wishing i could give my own money to Braddock.

Paper snow. A GHOST!!

my fav boxing movie of all timeas far as my fav crowe its prolly a tie between this and a beautiful mindbut thats just me i tend to favor true inspiring stories

I AM IRON MAN!

Russel Crowe is really Bon Jovi in a monks robe.

http://tinyurl.com/atxojg

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

You only favor true inspiring stories because timeyou lack it.

cooldance2.gifoh dear your slipping back downcooldance2.gif

This was a pretty important, demanding role.

"Diane, never drink coffee that has been anywhere near a fish."-Agent Dale Cooper-'Twin Peaks'

This is my favorite boxing movie, no question. Rocky is great but this is a more complete and satisfying film. Crowe is just a much better actor than Stallone. The way he disappears into roles is phenomenal. In "The Insider," "A Beautiful Mind," "Gladiator," and this one. Pretty much everything he does.

I don't care if he threw a phone at someone. He's a fantastic actor. Also hot when in shapewhether beefy or slight like in this film.

Post deleted

Russell Crowe, Renee Zellweger, Paul Giamatti, Craig Bierko and Bruce McGill are all excellent in this film with good direction by Ron Howard and a good story. Yet it is a sad story to see so many people live's ruined and to see so many going hungry. A reminder to us that we still have some work to do as a surprising number of children in the US still go hungry even to this day.

This is also Howard's best film. If Crowe didn't attack a bellhop, trash a hotel room and put a check on his ego, he woulda walked away with a 2nd Best Actor nod. Shame.

I happen to think Crowe won for Gladiator as a make up for THE INSIDER. Let's admit it, he spoke with a British accent in Rome. Not alot to that character. THE INSIDER was great.

I'd say his best 3 roles LA CONFIDENTIAL, THE INSIDER, CINDERELLA MAN (honorable mention to ROMPER STOMPER).

One has to like the action in Gladiator.
But, my ranking of his performances is:
The Insider
Beautiful Mind
Cinderella Man
Gladiator
LA Confidential

As far as roles, I still prefer The Insider (the foe he stood up to was more powerful than any in Gladiator or Cinderella Man, and the stakes just as high), ever so slightly, over Cinderella Man. Gladiator a close 3rd.

I think this is Russell Crowe's best work, because he looks and moves like a man of that era. The voice, the sense of humor and the unflattering mannerisms match.

That's why this is my favorite boxing movie.

I love this film and i love Russell in it. I think this is the film where I most like Russell s performance. I also love the story but above all the way he portraits Braddock, so humble and so determined at the same time. Russell is a wonderful actor.

My favorite of his (and Howard's) is still A Beautiful Mind.

Everyone has a hidden agenda. Except me!

Definately one of his best movies. A Beautiful Mind and THe Insider were also great

Crowe's best performance, Howard's best work, best boxing film, and one of my favorite movies.

"I told you it was off." The Jackal

I do!

I certainly think this is one of his best, that's for sure. I think I would rate his performance in The Insider as his best. I would rate Cinderella Man as his second best. But I enjoy watching Cinderella Man and A Beautiful Mind the most. I enjoy both of those movies enormously.

I say it's his best. Best boxing movie also.

Master and Commander is my favourite, but this comes a very close second. It should have done better at the box office and it's a shame it got overlooked at the time, because Russell Crowe's performance is excellent.

In my opinion LA Confidential is the best film he's been in, and A Beautiful Mind his best performance.

Maybe they get me,

maybe they won't.

But whatever,

it won't be tonight.

Honestly no. Russell's best movie remains Romper Stomper. It's chilling. He disappears into the role and while he does NOT make the character of Hando 'likeable' he DOES make him understandable and pitiable.

'crawl back into my hole' is it? Well, you can just go d** in a fire.

Maybe most won't agree, and that's ok, and understandable, but I also thought his performance was brilliant in The Next Three Days.

Post deleted

I vote for A Beautiful Mind but this is also very good!

LA Confidential and Romper Stomper showcase his best acting parts.