Zookeeper : Haters and complainers need to REALIZE!!!!!

Haters and complainers need to REALIZE!!!!!

That not all movies are aimed at an adult audience.
So what if a grown man thinks that this movie looks like *beep* I`m willing to bet that most kids are gonna love this movie.

Re: Haters and complainers need to REALIZE!!!!!

Hey if Paul Bart can make 100 million at the box office, then I'm sure the Zookeeper will do fine.

Agreed!
Kevin James is loved and appreciated by so many, so it usually goes the right way money wise every time he`s in the lead role.

second it. I`m sure Zookeeper deserves fame

http://www.imdb.com/

second it. I`m sure Zookeeper deserves fame

not fame, infamy.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

This movie is bad for everyone, although kids won't know how *beep* paphetic this movie is.

Doent matter!
Its not ment to be a mind bending movie.

this movie will make you loose 100 iq points, it's bad for everyone.

Sometimes, a silly little movie that gives a few chuckles for the hour-and-a-half its on isn't a bad thing.

IMDB boards are made up of the biggest bunch of grousers and belly-achers I have ever seen.

-=-
IMDB Troll Doctrine:
http://www.newmoondesigns.net/troll-doctrine

Couldn't have said it better myself.

"Sometimes, a silly little movie that gives a few chuckles for the hour-and-a-half its on isn't a bad thing.

IMDB boards are made up of the biggest bunch of grousers and belly-achers I have ever seen."

Clearly you've never been to the GameFAQS boards. *cringes*

"A few chuckles"? IF there were even a few chuckles, that's still not a valid reason for this movie to ever have been produced. It's a comedy. Dramas have a few chuckles. Action movies have a few chuckles. Horror movies have a few chuckles. Comedy = more than a few chuckles, otherwise it's false advertising. Some of us aren't fortunate enough to live in a city where the entire selection isn't "Zookeeper", "Transformers", and "Mr. Popper's Penguins". Being upset because my intelligence is being insulted by yet another movie with TALKING ANIMALS is not belly-aching. It's because people like YOU who roll over and accept this crap that Hollywood will continue to cater to cretins.

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

-=-
IMDB Troll Doctrine:
http://www.newmoondesigns.net/troll-doctrine

Hate life much?

Post deleted

I know I'm not the target audience, but I'm still gonna see it to hate it because I enjoy bashing bad movies.

At best it'll be a stupid movie, not bad, but really stupid. Sometimes those are funny and sometimes there well stupid.

We all need to recognize our inner child an realize that stupid is sometimes ok!

I don't have a problem with this movie looking "stupid", what I do have a problem with is that I think the idea for it is awful.

Alright, I will admit maybe I don't like the idea because it's stupid. But I loved Night at the Museum 2 and it was on my best movies of 2009 list despite the fact the movie was pretty stupid. So I really don't have a problem with stupid movies as long as I think the idea is great.

Alright, I will keep in mind that the movie is supposed to be stupid. That probably won't prevent me from hating it, but whatever, I will keep that in mind.

Do you know what other movies aren't aimed at an adult audience? How to Train Your Dragon. My Neighbor Totoro. Toy Story. Lilo and Stitch. Beauty and the Beast. Spy Kids. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The Parent Trap. Enchanted.
"Aimed at kids" and "bad" are not synonymous.

I agree completely with that statement. I have always said that the "it's a kids movie" excuse doesn't work. And you have proved my point.

And yo know what?
A lot of adults spent time on Imdb complaining and hating on those movies to.
Point is that it doesnt matter what you er anybody else thinks as long as the audience its aimed at likes it.

But audiences are complacent consumers who barely deserve sentience

This is a four quadrant movie aimed at kids and the parents that take them to see it. Anyone that says different isn't even remotely connected to the movie industry, I promise you that.

Parents that take their children to see such stupid movies as this were probably poorly raised themselves and treated like idiots. Seriously there are so many great films out already for kids to watch and enjoy without having to resort to watching acts of idiocy and simply ridiculous premises.

Honestly why can't Hollywood take the time to make films that everyone, young and old will enjoy instead of this crap that's scripted by committee and put through a cookie cutter process? Oh and Betty Thomas and Dennis Dugan should NEVER be allowed to direct any more movies for as long as they live...

What are you, a psychologist? I'm out of the age demographic, and the movie was alright. Nothing special, nothing amazing, but I don't think it deserves all the scrutiny it is getting.

If you want to talk about crap and ridiculous premises in this movie, you've obviously haven't watched a cartoon channel in the last 10 years.

Who cares if kids love this movie? Kids love any pile of crap thrown in front of them! You can reheat a turd as many times as you want and serve it to kids, they'll still eat it up. I remember back when kids movies used to be good. This crap is just an embarrassment.

Post deleted

This is the single dumbest comment I've read on IMDb.
The movie's entire plot revolves around Kevin James getting his girlfriend back.

Name one kid that finds that interesting.

Adults are seeing this movie. It was marketed for adults. If this movie was intended for kids, then they should have written it and marketed it for kids.

"Don't look down on yourself, just because other people do."
youtube.com/morbidchid

Almost all Disney movies are about love, so whats the difference?
Are you stupid or something?

Disney movies weren't originally made for kids or marketed for kids. The films of the 30's and 40's were marketed for adults and families. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfes was Hitler's favorite movie. I doubt anyone will ever sight The Zookeeper as their favorite film. Why? Because it's unwatchable.

But the main difference? The Disney movies are based on fairytales and the fairytales feature stories about eternal love.
The Zookeeper is about a fat guy who wants a beautiful lady just because of her looks and then some humorless funny scenes appear.

"Don't look down on yourself, just because other people do."
youtube.com/morbidchid

You need to compare it to the movies Disney and other companys make today not 60-70 years ago.
And there is a lot of lova drama in those movies, but that doesnt even matter because kids love this kinda movies for whats around the drama.
Like for instance, talking animals,puppets or what not.
So you trying to say that this is not a kids movie because of the love drama is pretty ridiculous.

"The movie's entire plot revolves around Kevin James getting his girlfriend back.
Name one kid that finds that interesting."

When you put talking zoo animals into that setting, ofcourse kids are gonna find it funny.
Do you really think they would make a movie like that with mainly an adult audience in mind?

"If this movie was intended for kids, then they should have written it and marketed it for kids"

How in the world is a movie about talking zoo animals not written and marketed for kids???

You know the brain is there for a reason!

And another thing is that it wouldnt have said Family in the genre info if this was a movie written and marketed for only adults.

Post deleted

Apologists and Kevin James fans need to REALIZE!!!!1

An unintelligent movie is not the same thing as a bad movie. A bad movie is one that's phoned in solely to make money, not to entertain people. A bad movie is one that isn't just uninteresting and boring, it's also insulting to its audience. The fact that it's aimed at kids doesn't make it okay either- kids will see anything and think it's brilliant. However, if you want your kids to have a good time, there's probably loads of better ways to entertain and enrich him or her than paying $20 to watch "The Jungle Book" for fans of Larry the Cable Guy.

You saying its a bad movie doesnt make it a fact.
If you talk to a entertainer in the kids buisness you will here that kids are actually the hardest audience to please, because they are completly honest in their criticism.
Saying that kids will see anything and think it's brilliant is infact completly wrong , and just proves that people saying so, pretty much underestimates kids.

Post deleted

Finding Nemo was a movie aimed at children and it was good. Just because it is aimed at children doesn't mean it can be incredibly corny and garbage. Also, does anyone see the hilarious racism in this? It is Hitch 2, but instead of with a black man helping out Kevin or whatever his name is, they just went with a full on monkey.

They could do a hitch 2 if they wanted to. The first one made money, just saying!

As long as will smith is in it the movie will make money

Post deleted

I'm 32 years old. I took my 5 year old nephew to see this. I most likely was not going to see it without him. He wanted to see it, so we went. I thought it was a cute popcorn film, but my nephew enjoyed it and that's all that mattered to me.

Post deleted

No matter who the audience is, it's a an excuse to release *beep* like that. Movies used to be art, you know...

Am i the only one who remembers when kids movies could be enjoyed by anyone? I remember when a childrens flick wasnt afraid to show a little blood or cursing once in awhile, not to mention they were actually well written so they could be enjoyed by adults and kids..

I remember growing up watching amazing movies like Willow, Land Before Time, Neverending Story, Brave Little Toaster and tons more, what happened to movies today? I cant think of one childrens movie that came out recently that can even come close to the kids movies of the 80s/90s.. i really do feel bad for kids today

Post deleted

Kevin James is the acceptable face of Fat America. Whoever doesn't like this movie is racist towards fat people. End of.

You are absolutly right, its not solely a kids movie.
The main thing that all complainers here are not realizing, is that children is a massive part of what this movie is trying to reach.
And as long as its a hit amongst kids then its a hit movie, and thats a fact.
The movie industry is big, and not all movies are made for you especially.
If you dont like it then ok, put stop bitching about it.
You may think its bad but still, maybe the majotity will like it.
The fact is that we dont now because most people dont use Imdb`s boards,
especially kids.

So if you dont like the movie then bitch off!!!

You need to REALIZE that MGM is in real serious trouble. They have had to declare bankruptcy and have been forced to reorganize the company. Making a movie like this is not a great way to turn MGM around and get it on its feet. Right now MGM needs to make movies that are aimed at every audience, especially adult men aged 15-40. That is the primary demographic for the film industry, and the demographic MGM needs to cater to right now. Producing Zookeeper was a piss-poor idea. It has debuted in third place at the box office with a mere $21 million domestically. It will only go further down the list from here. It has yet to break even, let alone turn a profit. MGM needs to listen to the haters and complainers and learn from this mistake, or the future for the company will be bleak.