Close Encounters of the Third Kind : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: How can you possibly call this Boring?!?!

I think its a great glimps into the 1970s myself. Find this movie fascinating.

I like the movie, but I can see why some people (maybe who've seen it for the first time in the last five years or so) find it boring.

That's their prerogative; plenty of movies out there to satisfy everyone.

Agreed. It's a real flip flop going on. The movies today that are dubbed exciting with lots of action - they tend to bore me to tears. I can still watch a film like CE3K and just be riveted to every word.

Hear hear! If this movie is boring, then 99% of TV shows must be the best cure for insomnia. It's the modern TV shows (particularly live-action sitcoms) that I consider boring.

My iMDB profile http://www.imdb.com/board/24297325/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Nah. The people who find this boring have no appreciation for cinematography. Every scene is beautifully shot.

I totally agree. I watch this movie a lot, and I find myself enjoying something in every scene. There is no part of the movie where I'm wishing it would just move on to the next scene. I tend to watch the director's cut the most often, but the theatrical and special edition cuts also have some great scenes not included in the director's cut. For example, the special edition is the only cut where the crowd stands up and gives applause to Lacombe after he gives his speech and introduces them to the five notes. That always gives me chills and I REALLY wish Spielberg had left it in the director's cut.

My Top 5 Movies: "Dazed & Confused", "Close Encounters", "Vertigo", "Melancholia", "Rushmore"