Hellraiser: Inferno : The BEST Hellraiser film of ALL!

The BEST Hellraiser film of ALL!

Inferno accomplishes what all the other sequels could not; interesting story, decent acting, well developed characters creepy atmosphere and a satisfying payoff which is dark and ominous. Pinhead's speech at the end is the part that takes the cake for me, it is so awesome and decisive. i also enjoy how the story focuses less on the Cenobites and Pinhead and more on the humans and the darkest desires in all human hearts which is basically what the Hellraiser series is all about.

Re: The BEST Hellraiser film of ALL!

Totally. This is my favorite Hellraiser sequel as well.

J.P. Monroe: Jesus Christ!
Pinhead: Not quite.

cheers.gif my brother

Hellraiser Inferno fans unite!

In with you.

This takes Hellraiser back to its roots with minimal monsters and more human villains. People corrupted by their own desires.

i know this post is over 2 years old, and yay for human villains and people corrupted by their own desires, but seriously? Is that what you watch Hellraiser films for?

Honestly, I'm tired of people and their mundane dramas. I want to step more into the cenobite's surreal dimension of hell like in Hellraiser 2. The macabre medical visuals, the doctor going through all this occult literature to find a doorway to the unknown. The puzzles and labyrinthine setting, the mind-bending, metaphysical/existentialist aspect of what they are, and what they do. The whole "explorers in the further regions of experience" shtick. I don't know, that kinda *beep* just does it for me.

But actually I checked out the board to see what Hellraisers I should watch beyond the 4th one. I've also recently seen Deadseeker as "Christy Cotton" is in it, but it was just so-so. Maybe you can help me, and debate why the human drama is more enticing than the cenobite one.

Am 100 percent with you this is worst part of hellraiser

I like it a lot

I'm really close to agreeing with you here. I'm going to have to watch it again to make sure. I loved the characters, the acting, and the entire storyline. I was just a *little* sad that they telegraphed the ending (and obviously ran out of money to make the payoff a bit more interesting visually) but overall this was a HUGE success as far as I'm concerned.

The movie is really good.

Hail to the king baby

Oh my god, how fantastic is that final monologue by pinhead!?

Fantastic in another movie, but a cenobite condemning someone for giving in to their desires? That's like Tony Montana doing a PSA about the dangers of cocaine.

I didn't take as pinhead condemning him. More like he is relishing in the detectives dark desires explains the situation he is in. Pinhead is excited to show this man the great sights of hell

I dunno, Pinhead's tone came off as preachy to me.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

It sucked compared to the others.

Let's just say that out of the direct-to-video entries, this one is probably the best and strongest (with Hellseeker as a close second if only for the return of Ashley Laurence as Kirsty Cotton).

Post deleted

*beep* me! Its time to trim the herd. Unless you're all trolling.

I don't get it, either.

Pinhead's speech at the end is the part that takes the cake for me, it is so awesome and decisive.
I 100% agree with this assessmentthe final speech was like and OOOOOH SHIIIIII.. moment! The detective made his own bed, his own he11, he must lie in it.

I'm only through Hellraisers 1-5 (just started 6 this morning) and so far this is below only 1 & 2! Hellraiser 1& 2 are hard acts to follow, so I can't say Inferno was the BEST of ALLmaybe the best when the series went the "Anthology" route after part 4.I still have to see 6 through 9 to make that determination.

-
Im gonna punch you in the cooter, I swear to God!

I must be odd. I think my order (best to worst) so far is 5, 3, 1, 4, 2.

3 and 5 better than 1 and 2?

I could see some saying 5 is their favorite depending on their tastes(the less-is-more crowd), but I don't get why anyone would like 3 over the original or the second.

Post deleted

Am I the only one reminded of "Saw"? They both deal with a cheating family man being punished for not appreciating what he has. The cenobites seemed superfluous.

Yeah just watched this one on Netflix was super surprised at how good it was. It wasn't an original Hellraiser script (I read) but rather another script incorporated to include the Hellraiser theme. Nonetheless it was very good! Not sure why it's rating is so low considering; must be the die-hard Hellraiser fans down-voting it or something.

I like this one a lot too! Great story.

Not sure why it's rating is so low considering; must be the die-hard Hellraiser fans down-voting it or something.

It is. And you have to realize that Doug Bradley has said that he hates this entry the most because of how out of character Pinhead is (and he is right about that), but once Doug has spoken, die hard fans follow and hate the film because he hates it.

You really have to look beyond the boundaries of Hellraiser to enjoy this film. Again, I can see where Doug Bradley is coming from as Pinhead simply is NOT a moralist who goes around condemning people for their sins, but looking past that, I think it is an enjoyable stand-alone film. In my mind, I just don't truly view it as a Hellraiser film despite the Hellraiser imagery of Pinhead or the Lament Configuration.

Maybe the devil knew that Joseph was a Hellraiser movie fan, so he took the form of Pinhead to terrorize him!

- - - - - - -
I am not a fan. I just happen to enjoy movies. Fans are embarrassing.

LOL, no.

Boycott movies that involve real animal violence (& their directors)

The only Hellraiser films I truly enjoy are the first one and then Inferno. I feel that Hellraiser II, aside from the ton of gore than make fans love it so much, took a silly approach to the story set up in the first film. Inferno is certainly a departure as well, but a more interesting departure than Hellraiser II. Plus, it stars Craig Sheffer who I enjoy watching.

- - - - - - -

Just watched them all for the first time, this was for sure my fave out of them. First wasn't bad, but felt like a Tales from the crypt episode.

Or maybe Tales From the Crypt felt like a Hellraiser story since it was made AFTER Hellraiser.

- - - - - - -

Indeed

I agree. It's my favorite of the series as well.

The Saw Is Family

It is not the best Hellraiser Film or the best Sequel,It is decent not more,and Pinhead has only 5-8 Minutes screentime.

We Have Eternity To Know Your Flesh. (Pinhead)