My Wife and Kids : Is This The Worst Sitcom Ever Made!!!!

Re: Is This The Worst Sitcom Ever Made!!!!

So you are saying all fans of this show and most people in the community suffer from some "intellectual disability." I would love to see the evidence you have collected to bolster this statement of "fact," oh Great Guru of What Constitutes Good Comedy! Did you observe intellectually disabled individuals chuckling during this show while those of "normal" or "higher" intellectual capacity sat with looks of disgust? Oh wait, you did observe your own reactions, and of course, you and you alone represent the entire population of "intellectuals." Yeah, Ray Romano NEVER relies on your so-called "superficial" and "cliched" premises for his comedy. Have you really even watched his show? It is chock-full of them. And you finding his delivery of the material funnier than Damon Wayans is entirely subjective. Of course, I do not mind your opinion, but it is a problem when you lump them with disparaging remarks toward the audience. I do not think "Everybody Loves Raymond" is that bad of a show, but it can hardly attribute its success to "originality." Ironically, your entire argument on why this show is "the worst sitcom ever made" is superficial in itself, yet you are complaining about it. The only two things you have accomplished in this empty "criticism" is contradicting yourself and insulting people who enjoy good comedy. Good job offering nothing constructive! The only persuasive element to your post is convincing people that you are clueless and pretentious. You should re-title this post as "a worthless opinion which will offend people."

Do you feel better now? Did your self-confidence just get a boost? I bet it did…..

Member of IMDB for 4 years! (12-17-09)

If you are addressing me, I do not see what self-confidence has to do with anything. I am not sure to which post you are referring, but thank you again for stating the obvious. Why don't you add 100 points to your own "self-confidence" for such a remarkable discovery? I am sure no one else has realized this was a discussion board so kudos to you!

Actually, I just Started watching this show and I think that it is really funny.

Its ok and streetwise.

Not in the same league as Friends or the Fresh Prince but they had higer budgets and more writers.

Terrible- no, best thing ever? no, its good to watch.

That's true, I actually liked it for about a month, and now I think it's not so good.

yet another person who says "worst ever made" hope you know nobody listens to you when you say that, you just annoy people. and if you call anything with one of the waynes brothers in it the worst thing ever made, your either racist or just ignorant. i hate you

Honestly, calm down. It's fine for you to not like the show but there's no need to be disrespectful and just downright rude by basically saying that everyone who enjoys it is retarded. Yeah, the jokes are continuous. Aren't they always??? In every show I have ever watched, there is at least ONE joke that is continuous, because hey, don't people have them in real life??? As for the person who mentioned King of Queens as being more realistic, I disagree. I enjoy King of Queens, but I don't have any problems with seeing the Kyles as a real family. For you who mentioned Scrubs, I agree wholeheartedly. Scrubs is my favorite show. :) Anyway Julz, no need to be a jerk, and by calling Damon Wayans a douche bag and calling people who like the show retarded, you're kinda proving your douche baggery. I enjoy the show, and I actually do not enjoy Everybody Loves Raymond. I do have to admit though, the constant squealing and "thank you JuJu" and eskimo kisses and then tiny kisses while making smoochy noises between Junior and Vanessa gets old real fast. It's cute at first, but after awhile it's just annoying. Guess that's what people are talking about with it being over the top after the baby is born.

I can't argue with you there. But it's still better than anything by that glorified dumb ass Tyler Perry.

My Wife and Kids, According to Jim, and The George Lopez Show are all the exact same except different races. Obviously they changed a few characters but its all the same still, a bad dad who thinks he is great, Not sure if the dad in My Wife and Kids was abandoned as a kid but the fathers in According to Jim and George Lopez Show are, the kids all have the same personalities, in According to Jim and George Lopez both the characters have annoying sidekicks that no one likes, and so many other similarities. They all have pretty much the same ratings also..

According to Jim: 6.4
My Wife and Kids: 6.7
The George Lopez Show: 6.8

I think its obvious why the other two are rated higher then According to Jim. If you don't know, then sucks to be you.

Hi I'm Al Gore.

There were some funny moments, but I didn't really like the way Michael kept hitting his son, putting him down, coming up with these lame ways to teach him lessons. Should have read him a book baldy.