Die Another Day : Terrible title song

Terrible title song

Madona was horrible at this song. Its by far the worst opening title song of all the Bond films.

Re: Terrible title song

Could have been far, far worse

. could have been that Sheryl Tagliatelle Penne 'singer'

I have to respectfully disagree! It's one of my favs and actually, it's one of the more popular songs people request to hear from my Bond playlist. The lyrics are fantastic too and really queue you into what Die Another Day is REALLY all about. DAD made some BOLD decisions, that's for sure, but I'm glad they did as DAD is one of the best because of them, especially music wise!!! Loved the inclusion of London Calling mid way too. Great soundtrack overall!

Oh I travel, a sort of licenced troubleshooter.

I personally like this one. Not even a Madonna fan. Then again, most Bond intros I end up skipping because the songs are awful even for their time.

The lyrics seemed odd at first but now they're familiar. It has a great melody and very suitable for Bond. I have several remixes that are even better.

I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

I would say that the title song for Tomorrow Never Dies is actually worse than this one.
I think that Sheryl Crow was in way over her head with that title, because her past singing history, did not sound that terrible.

I agree with this. Sheryl's song is so incredibly boring, whereas this at least brings up some passion, one way or another.

Wow, you sir, are correct. Song sucks!!!

Just watched it. From the song you'd think the movie was made in the 80's. Synth much?

Sig, you want a sig, here's a SIG-sauer!

Yep because using a synth is a sign of a bad score, looks at Treon Legacy. ;)

Film Reverie: http://filmreverie.blogspot.com.au/
My film diary: http://letterboxd.com/filmreverie/

Bond titles have sucked ever since they started letting moronic pop groups make and perform them, instead of creating a classic, interesting song that fits the mood of the movie, and creates a magical, mystical, intense atmosphere, like the best songs, that go so well together with the almost psychedelic and original title animation sequences.

Even 'A View to a Kill'-intro sucked big time, although it was made in the energetic 1980s. Just compare it to the moody and atmospheric older intros, like the timeless 'Goldfinger'.

I can't understand how anyone can even tolerate, let alone praise the modern Bond title songs (especially the one in this movie) - let alone think the modern ones are BETTER than the old ones.. that's some uncultivated mind - juvenile soul - brainwashed modern kid - or just some regression of the brain-mindset and attitude.

No rational, adult human being could make such assessment and mean it.

Pretty strong opinions on this lol. Well, I'm forty years old and have been watching Bond movies since I was a child, and I like this song. Compared to Sir Roger Moore (still "my" Bond, and my favorite), Timothy Dalton was a new, younger Bond for a younger generation. The upbeat theme was perfect for a more action-oriented hero. It totally fit with the intercuts of Bond being tortured, for some reason. A slower, more traditional into would have just made those scenes quite depressing. It's as though the music says, "don't worry, Bond pulls through."

I agree with many here that the older theme songs, along with their movies, were just plain dull. Don't get me wrong, I'll watch any Bond movie any time. Even OHMSS. Bond is action, and I'm glad the title song in this film reflects that.

? where's my head? Pierce Brosnan,not Dalton.

I like it actually.

I agree. Even worse than that Sheryl Crow one for TND. (They're doing a marathon on TV now.) Boy do they ALL pretty much suck since Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones.

Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement Listen, kid, we're all in it together.

Especially knowing that Bond is undergoing tortureI wonder who approved all this nonsense.

I thought listening to the song was his torture! (I know it was mine!)

A terrible title song to a terrible movie! I mean come on! An invisible car? Did a four year old write the script?