Moon : Question (spoilers)

Question (spoilers)

What happened to the original Sam? I assumed when he spoke to his daughter and she called for her dad that it was someone else, but was it meant to be the original Sam? And did he know he was cloned?
What do you think?

Re: Question (spoilers)

The guy who can be heard over the phone and whom Eve calls "Dad" is indeed the original Sam. And he probably knew he was cloned.

See also:
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/board/thread/227455816?d=248355216#248355216
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/board/thread/223997932?d=224002130#224002130
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/board/thread/199366923

______
Joe Satriani - "Always With Me, Always With You"
http://youtu.be/VI57QHL6ge0

Thanks for bothering :P

When i saw this thread, i just kinda shook my head, not specifically because of the questions, but because these questions have been asked (and answered) already.
It takes only a few seconds to skim the board to see them answered.
Showing interest, but not actually being interested.
I never understand why these things keep happening, even when i know why it happens.

Anyway, i guess im just a bit annoyed about this stuff in general, losing a bit of patience every time it occurs, sorry!

I know what you mean. It happens on every board. Many people apparently just don't have the patience to explore the board for answers and chime in on interesting discussions, so instead they just start another thread about the same question. Sometimes I'm in the mood to reply with the answers (or with links to the answers), and sometimes I just can't be bothered so I'd just let them be.

However, sometimes they phrase the same old question in a slightly different way, so that it opens a new, different angle to the topic, and as a result I might come up with new ideas and/or I'm able to structure my interpretations much more clearly (also to myself).

______
Joe Satriani - "Always With Me, Always With You"
http://youtu.be/VI57QHL6ge0

Thats true, sometimes a rephrasing does give a new insight, in this case though.. not so much :)
But i hope OP is pleased.

EDIT: i honestly dont get why people wonder if it was the real Sam on the phone, i thought it was pretty clear, his voice and manner of speaking are pretty recognizable.

p.s what i dislike most about new threads made with old topics, is people trying to steal credit for certain phrases or ideas, probably reading them in a thread and then boldly restating the same stuff but pretending not to have seen it.
Inflated ego's dont like to agree with others, but instead resort to restating what they agree with in order to be agreed WITH, themselves.
Makes me wanna slap em silly :)

You're too uptight if a message board question gets your shorts in a twist. Either that or you have a life I envy, one in which you live your life with no real problems

Meh, in this context it looks like im shooting off based on one thread on a board in the middle of nowhere.
But this is the internet, forums and boards are popular, what puzzles me is why someone bothers to come here only to ask things that have already been discussed here.

He did not acknowledge that it had indeed been discussed before, for example with an addition of "i know this has been asked before, but...", as useless as it seems, it at least indicates that the person has tried to collect the info provided on the board but has failed to form a certain answer.
Leaving that part out, it just looks rather futile, similar to when another person walks in at the end of a conversation and asking a question that had just been answered.
Like i said in my original post, i sorta shook my head, i did not get my panties in a twist, i refrained from answering him because if he really wanted to know, he could already have known if he had just taken a look at the board.
I waited till yurenchu provided an answer and i respected that, then i replied to yurenchu explaining why i did not felt like answering his question.

You can take offense all you want, i was merely voicing my greavances in general situations like this, in fact i was genuine when i said that i hoped OP was pleased.

I take no offense. I Just think it's funny when I see that reply on message boards. It's just going out of your way to be hateful. And it's not even in the same ballpark as someone coming in on the end of a conversation. Maybe the person who posted the question isn't as knowledgeable as you with a message board, maybe they don't know that you can search for similar threads.

Or maybe, like i said, i dont have the patience to go in circles.
I waited until he got his answer and then i spoke to the person who replied.
I already said sorry, and said that i hoped OP was pleased with his answer.
This is far from going out of my way to be hateful.

I'm late, but Deth is 100% correct. There's a certain personality type that is intelligent enough to be interested, but is also lazy and/or the victim of learned helplessness. This type will ask or present the same questions over and over, without bothering to read previous questions (or, in the case of a live class, without paying the slightest bit of attention to either instructions or prior questions).

It's definitely bad on the Internet, but this sad type also turns up in uni courses pretty regularly. After having taught several thousand students, I also know that this personality rarely produces any work of merit...which means that all the extra effort they require is completely wasted time. It's frustrating, senseless, and is definitely one of the instances where pointing out, repeatedly if necessary, their lack of mindfulness will likely serve them better in the long run than simply repeating oneself over and over. They probably won't learn the subject, but maybe they can pick up on the fact that paying attention and not relying upon others to bear their burden of work is important.

Very well said.
I totally agree with your description of the people with this personality.

I like this movie a lot, it is one of my favorites, and i like to help out if people have questions, but threads/questions like these almost break my heart haha.
Although i do wonder what happens with the characters after the movie ended, but it is something the viewer cant know since it is just a movie that ends when it ends.

Im glad/happy that more people watch this movie and hopefully like it a lot too, that is great, but then seeing what people took from it, or the questions they are left with, sometimes makes me scratch my head.
Especially, like you said, those people also dont contribute a lot to the greater picture altogether, it makes you wonder if they will really change their ways based on an answer given on this board, which most likely will not have the desired effect. I mean, the OP hasnt even replied to his own thread yet.

I know i sound grumpy and "arse-aching", so i wont go on about it much more, but id like to say to you (taticat), you described exactly what i think about when these things happen.
Im sorry that you actually have to go through this with people on a daily basis for your job.. haha
I know the internet gives everyone a chance, it is a curse and a blessing i guess.

Thank you for this response! A thousand times yes!! I am dealing with this at work and it is killing me. I shake my head at the online stuff but I can always ignore it or maybe redirect the person in a friendly way if I am so inclined, at least there is a choice.