John Wick: Chapter 2 : Great action star NOT a great actor…..

Great action star NOT a great actor…..

He can not act.

He walks like John Wayne in Cowboy boots and tries to imitate Eastwood's voice in those spaghetti westerns.

He pulls off his actions but serious I prefer Keanu says nothing in his movies..with the rexvrption to "Whoa."

Re: Great action star NOT a great actor…..

Compared to Vin Diesel who is ugly, dumb and sickening.

Keanu does good action, does stick to the role and script well, less that he is a little wooden, but i prefer to watch him.

Reeves doesn't emote with his voice. There's no change in cadence to express feelings.
That's why you have to wonder how anyone thought he would make it as an actor.

Aside from his exotic goods looks, he comes across oaf-ish..
Even Stallone knows how to be sympathetic in his Rocky movies.

Reeves has to be cast in stuff that focuses on his strengths to be sure. Early in his career he was good in those "rebellious youth" type roles, but cast him as Harker in Dracula and it was hilariously bad. He was terribly miscast and tried to do a British accent.

The Matrix allowed him to look cool, do a ton of action, and mostly be stone faced. It was only in the last part of the 3rd one where he has to really emote that he was just...not good.

Keanu excels at being an empty vessel (which is not a put down). Playing an alien or somebody who is dead inside works in his favor.

He can not act.

He walks like John Wayne in Cowboy boots and tries to imitate Eastwood's voice in those spaghetti westerns.

He pulls off his actions but serious I prefer Keanu says nothing in his movies..with the rexvrption to "Whoa."

Good job, Sherlock. You're not the first to criticize Keanu's acting skills.

Despite what people say, there's only a few films where Keanu felt out of place. It's most of his horror thrillers sans Devil's Advocate. No one is going to argue that his performance in Dracula was good ("BLUE INFERNO!"). I blame Eli Roth for his performance in Knock Knock, which is by far his worst performance. I think Eli was trying to go for a parody routine with the film, but it didn't work out.

Who gives a sh!t about the Watcher? Everyone in that film was slumming it for the paycheck, and Keanu barely has any screen time to begin with.

Action Hero's Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Cpb61R-4U

I thought Keanu was excellent in Man of Thai Chi, which he directed, and in which he plays a sadistic businessman. I think Reeves excels when he plays evil characters, but because he's tall, dark, and handsome, he is always cast as the hero. Cast him as a really bad crime lord, and he might seem more talented to you.

I liked him in Street Kings, in which he plays a kinda bad cop. I think he was great in that. Keanu is at his best when he's hurting people.

He was good in The Gift, in which he played an abusive husband. And I liked him in Constantine too.

My guess is that Keanu actually hates to play the hero and the romantic lead and puts more effort into playing villains and weirdos.

Anyhow, can ANY actor deliver the line, "I'll kill them. I'll kill them all"? Who could deliver that line well? Peter Lorre? Maybe Anthony Hopkins in a distracted voice. That's an impossible line. "I will kill all of them" is a much easier line to deliver.