The Lego Batman Movie : Villains from the Phantom Zone

Villains from the Phantom Zone

Let's list all the villains and their movies that were referenced in the Phantom Zone.

Sauron from the Lord of the Ring series
Voldemort from the Harry Potter Series
King Kong from King Kong
The Kraken and Medusa from the original Clash of the Titans
Bruce the Shark from Jaws
Wicked Witch and the Flying Monkeys from Wizard of Oz
Rexy and Blue from Jurassic Park/World
Gremlins from Gremlins, which also made a Twilight Zone reference
The Dalek's from Doctor Who
The Creature from the Black Lagoon
Agent Smith from the Matrix

Who else am I missing?

Based on the fact most Villains were characters from series included in Lego Dimensions, they should have included the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and at first, I thought the SNake Clowns at the end was something to do with Beetlejuice.. If they really wanted to get daring instead of just using movie villains: GLADoS from Portal.

Re: Villains from the Phantom Zone

Medusa also from clash of the Titans comes to mind .

I was wondering why Joker didn't turn to stone when he was talking to her in the first Phantom Zone scene... And speaking of Phantom Zone, where was Zod? It was said earlier in the film by Superman that he sent Zod to the Phantom Zone...

I have a simple answer for where Zod is. The Joker was about to be killed when he arrived there. If Zod was in a place without a yellow sun he would be a normal person, no powers. I think there must have been a skeleton somewhere that recently used to have flesh on top of it. I like the idea of a villain club that kills off the newly arrived villains whose personal story doesn't appeal to them. The Joker being one they liked.

It has been fun fellow message board users. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YgdrhrCM8

my only theory about Medusa is that the Phantom Zone might cancel out any powers?

or...maybe it isn't a constant "on" thing, maybe she controls it?

I was expecting a joke about how Superman actually snapped his neck but I was disappointed.

I was expecting more but most of them were Warner Bros properties so they didn't have many.

I had hoped we'd get some DC villains since it was the Phantom Zone afterall.

"By law you have to call it a lair if you use it to torture people." Douglas Davenport

Dracula.

Also most of those have LEGO Dimensions toy sets you can buy! Don't forget the buy the toys! YOU DIDNT SIT THROUGH A NEARLY 2 HOUR TOY COMMERCIAL NOT TO BE BRAIN WASHED. BUY TOOOOYS!!! BUY LEGO TOYS!!!!!!!!!!

Stay Puft is owned by Columbia. I expect the success of TLM made it more difficult to work in cameos from IPs that WB doesn't own or hold the rights to. Snake clowns was a reference to that bit where Alfred was trying to tell Batman what his greatest fear was, and Batman listed off snakes, clowns, and finally snake-clowns.

You know what noone tells you about cooking with the Dark Side? The food is really good!

I was ecstatic to see the cinematic debuts of so many obscure villains. This is also my biggest complaint about the film, as the majority are cameos. The Joker recruiting out-of-franchise foes from the Phantom Zone (including a classic Clash of the Titans Kraken with new atomic breath since Godzilla is off-limits to Lego Dimensions) is not what I paid to see. (Hearing King Kong spout nefarious one-liners is jarring.) Get out of Killer Moth’s limelight! https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2017/02/12/the-lego-batman-movies-bat-tastic/

I'm almost clever! https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com

It's probably going to be a while before we nail down just how many villains got their first big screen appearance in this movie. On a single viewing, I wasn't even able to spot many of the villains that got official minifigs tied to the LEGO Batman Movie, so I know I can't have seen all the ones that didn't. I remember seeing Crazy Quilt, Condiment King, Hugo Strange, and Killer Moth. Killer Moth actually has two official minifigs at the moment, but the movie version looks like a blend of them both.

I think the best time to try to spot them all would be during the surrender scene where they're all grouped together in a nice pack, but you'd really need to be able to freeze-frame so you could take your time picking out characters.

I hadn't really thought about it until someone else mentioned wanting to see Stay-Puft as a Phantom Zone villain, but it does seem that all of the Phantom Zone villains besides the "British robots" are characters that WB either owns outright, or at least owns the film rights to (the ironic thing there being that King Kong vs. Godzilla was one of Toho's most successful films which they desperately wanted to do a remake of, and WB was only able to retain the rights to King Kong so _they_ could eventually do a KKvG film). I don't know if Godzilla is specifically off-limits to Dimensions, but the actual LEGO Batman Movie is not a Dimensions property (though it has been incorporated into the game). Also, WB does currently have a license from Toho to produce Godzilla films of their own, so technically they should have been able to slip him into the movie instead of/in addition to the Kraken. However, I think they own the Titans IP outright, where they clearly have a limited deal with Toho that allows Toho to keep making their own films, and if that deal allows for a finite number of pictures, throwing him in for a cameo on a film about Batman would be a huge waste on their part.

You know what noone tells you about cooking with the Dark Side? The food is really good!

The British Robots have a Dimensions pack.

I saw it again and spotted the missing ones, and have added them to the list. I still don't know where the skeletons are supposed to be from though.

Porperties owned by Warner Brothers.
The Lord of the Rings - The Dark Lord Sauron
Harry Potter - Lord Voldemort
King Kong - King Kong
Clash of the Titans - The Kraken and Medusa
The Wizard of Oz - Wicked Witch and Flying Monkeys
Gremlins - Gremlins
The Matrix - Agent Smith

This one cameoed in a Warner Brothers film(Looney Tunes Back in Action, 2003), and the voice used in here was specifically from that film.
Doctor Who - British Robots! --------- The Daleks

Properties owned by Universal.
Jurassic Park - Velociraptors and Tyrannosaurus Rex
Jaws - Jaws
Universal's classic monsters - The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, and The Mummy

It has been fun fellow message board users. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YgdrhrCM8

Don't Universal also have rights to King Kong?

It's that man again!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3731562/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4
Check the production company listing. Warner Brother has the rights at the moment. Paramount had them for a while themselves. The rights have floated around from company to company over the decades.

Lego also has Universal Lego sets,