Uncharted 2: Among Thieves : Good game but…

Good game but…

I bought this game last Saturday and literally spent my WHOLE day Saturday playing this and then finished it Sunday morning. Can you say Loser?

I really enjoyed the game. I never played the first one but I remember this being at the top of the charts a while back so when I saw it for £20 I thought 'what the heck?' and gave it a go.

ANYWAY... I found this game very enjoyable but DEAR GOD I don't think I've ever shouted at my TV more out of complete and utter frustration!

An example of this is when you have to work your way to the front of the train to rescue Chloe and that big chopper appears and starts blowing the train up - well, the amount of times I'd make Drake duck behind an obstacle and work his way to another one but instead of doing as I asked he'd just roll off the side of the train and die! WTF?! ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!
I must say I found the controls an absolute pain in the arse alot of the time but the story was good, the characters were interesting and the gameplay (when Drake didnt have a mind of his own) was enjoyable!

I'd give it a score of 8/10. I probably won't bother playing it again but if there's a 3rd out at any point I reckon I'll give it a go.

Re: Good game but…

You should go for the Multiplayer mode now. It's really fun!

Personally, I think the part with the helicopter on the train was problaby the easiest part. I think it was more difficult when you the train goes over the mountains(with the snow) and those guys with massive armour comes and shots at everything. Good fun though!

Wow, are you serious? The Uncharted 2 controls are so easy compared to some other games. The one I hate most is inFamous. Good god, there was one point where I just wanted to throw my control at the screen. Eight times out of ten that I wanted Cole to hide behind a car, he'd just flip all over the place, and then I'd die from being shot so many times. Annoyed the hell out of me. And his jolty movements gave me a headache too. I played this game afterwards and it practically had a soothing effect on me. God bless Naughty Dog.

I only do it with superheroes.

I think how user-friendly controls are is pretty subjective. Uncharted just works perfectly for me - everything runs how I expect it's going to and feels very intuitive.

Assassins Creed's controls send me half crazy. Even more annoyingly I really like the game so I can't just bin it off, but I'm constantly wishing the climbing worked like Uncharted.

I didn't even finish the demo of inFamous!

If I remember correctly Assassin's Creed was okay. Not as smooth as Uncharted IMO, but his movements were relatively slow and calculated, not frenzied like Cole's. I loved jumping off the tall buildings lol.

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of inFamous after playing the demo, but I downloaded it from their Welcome Back package.

InFamous 2 is an amazing game. If you give the first the benefit of the doubt that really pays off when you play the second game. So good. I replayed this game and Drake's Fortune in the last few days and fell in love with them both (especially this one) all over again. I sometimes found the controls a bit annoying too but I think the main thing to get right is timing your moves. Once you've got that down you're sorted.

Do you really think so? I might take your advice. If my exams finish before U3's released, I might get inFamous 2 and play it until U3 comes out.

As a guy who played every AC before playing the second Uncharted, I somehow wished the climbing would be more like AC haha :D I just enjoyed pressing down the x button (PS3) and being able to jump over every obstacle automatically, instead of pressing "jump" again and again and again.

The only thing I really disliked in Uncharted sometimes was the pace of Drake's running. He literally was sometimes too fast during gunfights, so I started glitching back and forth, without a decent cover, getting shot from all angles. Anyways, great game!!

I didnt find the train level that hard at all, infact it was one of my favourite.
And yes playing a sequel to a game you havent played makes you a loser.

I think the control issue was due to your hardware