I Am Not Your Negro : why not the real title

why not the real title

Of all the films to go P.C. this is is not the one to do it. The title should represent correct word as hideous as it is. I am quite sure if Baldwin were alive today he would NEVER allow the title to be white washed. The real title should have been , as offensive as it now is, "I AIN"T YO *beep*

Re: why not the real title

I think it never would have gotten distribution. Just too offensive to too many people.

I was telling someone the other day that I'd read Dick Gregory's book *beep* when I was a teenager, and I realized I was saying that "n word" which is forbidden now. I'd better be careful where and to whom I say this now.

Oh wow, even IMDb has a problem with it - they automatically changed the title of that book to "beep"!

I find it totally ironic that the word *beep* is so offensive to so many. Baldwin and Gregory were great novelists that used the word N I G G E R for a specific reason and not to be offensive. We really have become so Hypocritical.

I know what you're saying, but the general disapproval of the term and desire to keep it from spreading is also understandable. It shouldn't be bandied about carelessly.

It's all in the intensions in it's usage.