Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life : What they should have done with Rory

What they should have done with Rory

Ok. So obviously the writers really *beep* up Rory's character. One of the problems is that they kept saying that Rory didn't have money, job, whatever, but then she kept going to London. Cause that makes sense. So then later they have Rory be the editor in the Stars Hollow Gazette.

That's where they should have started with Rory. She should have started at home, living with Lorelai. Being the editor of the Stars Hollow Gazette. From there she should have been trying to get freelance work but it wasn't enough money or she wasn't getting jobs. Her career just made no sense. And the whole time I kept wondering if she even cared about it.

Re: What they should have done with Rory

She obviously didn't care about it, since it turned out to be the opposite of what she thought it'd be.

I think the constant travel and living the way she did was possible cause of her inheritance and remember, the TRUSTFUND?

Yes, I remember it. I don't think the writers did though.

She was going to London regularly to see Logan, who could have paid travel expenses. Or, she could have used her trust fund, as mentioned above.

Please don't feed the trolls.

I don't know why you guys keep mentioning the trust fund. Who knows if she even has money left. She never mentions it.

I only mentioned it to avoid rude comments like, "Duh, or she could have used her trust fund. Didn't you read the other comments??" But I got a rude comment anyway, so that didn't really work. I did also add another possibility, in case you missed that.

Please don't feed the trolls.

It didn't seem confusing at all to me. When the show started they all talked about the articles that she had written. Lorelei talked about her being so successful in the first scene. She was 32 years old. She would have had some time to make some money while she was working. She was going to London to work on a book but then it fell through and her other work options started falling through until she ran out of money and moved back into Lorelei's.