Split : Farewell my fellow movie fans…

Farewell my fellow movie fans…

I'm merely a humble imdb traveler stopping at this inn before continuing my internet journey... sad to see more lands like IMDb message boards will have fallen to darkness of the trolls. Be strong my brethren. Some of us still love to discuss movies. The trolls can never change that!

*pulls cloak over head and marches out into the stormy night*

Ps: I liked Split overall! 6/10 on my scale. Can't wait for Shyamalan's next movie! Who would have thought my last imdb comment would be for a GOOD Shyamalan movie?!?

Re: Farewell my fellow movie fans…

Peace bud. Seems IMDB is being over run by the mass government. Seems they are taking everything away from us.

I hope they don't get rid of them.

Trolls will forever be around, people need to relax. I swear this world we live in is getting more and more pussywhipped.

Another day another dream

Later!

Can't tell if that "mass government" or that last part are satire or not, but maintaining these boards costs IMDb. If they're not serving the purpose they created them for, there's no reason to keep them.

Peace, can't wait for Unbreakable 2?! Iv'e been reading forever, but never comment?! It was a good M Night Shyamalan film?! Love his movies?!

i can tell TheBreakingKnight hasnt commented on imdb...........ever. but good to see that he finally did to be honest. at a sad time though.

Peace out in the æther my amigo! M. Night is quasi-back!

It's sad..it's over sensitive ppl who have logged complaints to IMDB. Because of these complaints they are being shut down.
This society has gotten too sensitive.

Boo Hoo Hillary lost so now we're gonna shut down our message boards.

*beep*

Unfortunately you are right. The boards have sensitive people. But they also have people like yourself who are either too ignorant to realize or too troll like to care that posts like yours have no place here either. There was no need to mock people or include a Hillary comment on what originally started as a well written heartfelt post.

Well said my friend.

Farewell to all who have frequented these boards.

You can't palm off a second-rater on me. You gotta remember I was in the pink!

Goodbye my friend it's hard to die, when all the birds are singing
in the sky....we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tPcc1ftj8E

Try this new forum: http://imdb2.freeforums.net/ F IMDB.

Dlove28 - thank you. Spot on, spot on.

👉It's got electrolytes: 2017-2021

they just fucd up....this is BS

Thanks to the snowflake generation, free speech is once again under attack.

I really don't think it's so much about free speech. I think it's a way to redirect people in a way to make more money for the people in charge. Notice they are trying to redirect to Youtube and Facebook. IMDB is owned by Amazon. Billionaires creating a bigger nest. Net neutrality on it's way out. After all, if they were concerned about 'sensitive people' the comment sections in Youtube is the last place they would want them to go.

Peace.

Clueless much?

I'm thinking...only when you're awake.

Using the word snowflake says far more about you. None of it positive.

Perhaps you should look closer to home before blaming others

You can't palm off a second-rater on me. You gotta remember I was in the pink!

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

This sucks.

I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves.

We need more discussion right now, not less! In a time where free speech is questioned you are needed. Don't let the trolls win.
The boards is what makes IMDB, that's the reason I and others are members. Yes it's fun with ratings and info but you can find that on other sites. Movie discussion however you can't find anywhere else. That's what made you unique.
Decisions like this should always be consulted with the fans first and not just by a corporate meting.

Now it will become yet another Wikipedia/social media page. Don't be surprised if they eventually abolish the ratings system too and turn IMDB into a strictly marketing site. Because it don't bring "meaningful joy to a majority of users"
And don't fool us with "fans discuss on Facebook and Twitter". All you have there is trailers, advertisement and annoying features. No discussions what so ever.

IMDB will eventually realise what they have done when they start to lose visitors. So they have to bring it back but by then there probably will be a new site for discussions and fans stopped caring about IMDB a long time.

Agreed with everything you've said. The boards made this site. Taking them away is detrimental. No one I talk to uses this site strictly for media or statistics. I'm so sad and upset that they're getting rid of everything.

How many ads do you see on the message boards? None. I think that is why it's gone. Can't be monetized. There are not that many trolls! Bogus excuse.

i feel like i have to go to every films comment page and say my respects or something. i know it sounds silly but, you all understand.

That's exactly how I feel, but there are far too many boards...lol. Good luck out there.

I've discussed movies and things with you on other boards, and I am going to miss your commentaries and insights on film here on IMDb. For me...17 years on IMDb...14 were great speaking with folks like you.

(drops mic) *Lambiepie out too*

👉It's got electrolytes: 2017-2021

I'm just baffled that IMDB is throwing in the towel on comments. Trolling is a part of the Internet. People know exactly what it is and what and when to believe any of it and/or ignore it.

I'm still surprised how many more sites quote Rotten Tomatoes over IMDB when talking about 'movie sites'. RT is good companion, but I always came here first.

I've been here a long time. I've seen good sites come and go. But I really feel this will be damaging move for IMDB that they will clearly regret in the future.

Addio!

Well said.
Exactly my feelings.

Amazon has so much money, why can't they keep IMDb forums running... Who cares about a few trolls these days?!?
They will regret shutting things down at some point..

And yes, I've also been here for a long time.

Bye everyone!

I'm just baffled that IMDB is throwing in the towel on comments. Trolling is a part of the Internet. People know exactly what it is and what and when to believe any of it and/or ignore it.

I'm not buying it either. Youtube is full of troll-ish posts with no moderation what-so-ever on out and out racist comments. It doesn't appear to have had a negative impact on their business as youtube has made no attempt to clean it up for years so you can only assume it is a pathetic patronising convenient excuse on imdb's part.

Bottom line is that imdb wants to make money out of this site and they haven't found a way to do so with message boards so they're just pulling the plug and hoping they can steer every member to fb and twitters, platforms that have been specifically designed for data mining purposes.

I'm still surprised how many more sites quote Rotten Tomatoes over IMDB when talking about 'movie sites'. RT is good companion, but I always came here first.

Traditional media, Hollywood, etc.. hates imdb because it relies on the opinion of the 'unwashed' masses for its ranking and critiques and not on the 'educated' opinion of 'professionals' (i.e. journalists).

A similar thing happens in sport. There's a very popular Australian Football forum that I frequent that is among the most visited websites in Australia yet newspapers and other paid media only make slight derisive references about the forum or to blame it for something or other (i.e online bullying).

The fact is traditional media types are threatened by anything that's free and not part of their club. Understandably they see it as a direct threat to how they choose to make a living.

It feels like I've graduated high school and never seeing my friends again.

Everyone that blames the trolls is full of it. This is bottom line $$$. they know the first thing many people(myself included) do before seeing a movie is not wanting to waste my money and time on garbage. So I looked to you extinct species for so much. IT WILL BACKFIRE. see everyone on the new site. Trolls included. I like them also.

Farewell imdb traveler. I too revel in movie discussions, this is a blow indeed but I am confident we can weather the storm. May we meet again in another online movie discussion platform.

I was sad about the boards being closed too, which is why I spent my weekend working on http://film.chat

Please check it out! We'll be giving away free movie tickets at the end of the month, and we'd love feedback on how we can improve. We're focusing on a clean design and some cool features that we've got in the works, and we'd love to hear what you'd like to see.

I read the message and was shocked. IMDB messagae boards was the first place I went to to discuss films with others and its going away very sad indeed. 😢😢

Be something, do something, feel something

Hope IMDB comes to their senses and sees that these things did have some value but if not, it was good having this place to talk with other film fans.

Trying to create a channel based on interpreting, reviewing, and even giving you something to laugh about film. Hope you enjoy what you see. Thanks in advance.

Review of the film here-https://youtu.be/_2I1rJ2vSZM

If anybody is interested in another movie database with dedicated boards for every individual title and person, there is a website called TMDB (https://www.themoviedb.org/talk) that recently added message boards for every specific movie and person (example: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/149871-kaguyahime-no-monogatari You have to click on the little word bubble icon on the top left of the movie's page). A bunch of people from IMDb have already gathered at their general boards and and are discussing ways to increase activity and serve as an alternative to IMDb.

I encourage everyone to take a look at this site. I think it looks very promising. It's the only other site I know of with message boards for every movie, actor, director, etc.

I also encourage everyone to spread the word about this site, as it seems most people don't know about it.

This might be my next site to venture to after imdb boards shut down - thanks.

In fact, ratings seem more legit as well.

It's always the bad apples that spoil the bunch. Sad to see the comments go because I found most of them entertaining and informative. On the other hand, I don't blame IMdB for deep-sixing them.

"They say the ----ing smog is the ----ing reason why you have such beautiful ----ing sunsets"

I gathered that's all it was; people filing way too many complaints, alleging others were trolls.

Anytime you disagree with someone today, you are personally attacked and told you are denying them their constitutional right to their opinion. You'll be lucky then if your mother isn't verbally attacked as well.

I have been called a troll far too many times on here to count, as well as had childish behavior of trying to describe my home life.

I've been on IMDB for seventeen years now and I will take absolute satisfaction in that in all that time, I NEVER personally insulted anyone, slandered their family or resorted to any sort of name-calling as tho it made me their better.

It was never about the trolls. On the contrary actually, they made it all the more interesting. farewell.

Oh its not trolls, Amazon wants this place "clean" and "sanitized" for their sponsors and adveritisers which basically translates too, "no real debate or open discussion. Paid reviews only. Go to Amazon Prime and watch our *beep* you fu#%^@g sheep".

Farewell fellow traveler, may we all find another inn to discuss film on our internet journey.

PS: Yeah, I know M. Night made a good movie again. I agree with the 6/10.

Yeah like the movie is better than its missteps if that makes sense. Like there are some bad scenes or elements but the movie overall works; especially under the context of the ending which did a lot towards making everything come together.

Haha! Farewell my friend. May the wind be ever at your back!