The Hottie & the Nottie : Not great, but should not be on bottom 100.

Not great, but should not be on bottom 100.

I didnt think I would say this, but this movie actually deserves a watch. While there was nothing oscar-worthy about it, this movie is legit.

Its honestly not that bad of a film. Stupid, yes. Ridiculous, yes. But damn funny. I voted this movie a 6. Anything higher would be too much.

I actually enjoyed this movie a lot. Help me work to get this movie its true place OFF the bottom 100 list.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Not great, but should not be on bottom 100.

For one thing, I think there are more ratings on this than there are people that actually saw it.

And furthermore, I think a lot of people voted negatively based on the fact that Hilton is in it. She is pretty universally disliked and considered to be a bad actress. I'm not saying she's by any means good in this movie, but I thought she was pretty fitting for the part and didn't do a terrible job.

Either way, I think if people actually watched this, it would be some kind of wierd cult classic because it really is pretty damn funny.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

THIS MOVIE DOESNT SUCK THAT MUCH!

guilty pleasure movie

I totally agree. I recently saw thhe movie ''Lower learning'' with Jason Biggs (who I usually love) and was bored, disgusted and just simply angry that it was so bad. There was zero plot and no funny jokes, Then I went on imdb to compare it to other bad movies. ''The hottie and the nottie'' came up as twice as bad as ''lower learning''so I had to watch. I was really surprised! This movie isn`t nearly as bad as people say, I was expecting way WAY worse. Sure, bad jokes, rude and cruel towards the unattractive girl, but had some funny moments and I looked forwarrd to seeing the end. Not so bad. If people were honest it would be rated higher…Paris hatred is what caused people to vote so low.

There's a lot more movies I can think of to be in the bottom 100. So many straight to video movies especially indies, and also, many larger budget movies such as White Noise 2005 should be in the bottom.

I hate Paris too but the movie was alright. Poor Christine Lakin has to suffer with such low ratings on the movie.

How many people voted more than one time?

I agree, I certainly am NO fan of Paris Hilton but this film was much funnier than I expected.

There are far more deserving films that should be on the bottom 100

Do guys like "the thing"?
They like it better than no thing.

I agree with the op. This movie is not great but I've seen much worse movies

It deserves to be there. The ending was unrealistic, the characters were ridiculous stereotypes, and the film was pretty much a self-aggrandizing vehicle for Paris Hilton. I hated the movie and there were more gross out moments than legitimate laugh out loud moments. Also the fact that the word "nottie" was a common term used throughout the movie made me die a little inside. And don't get me started on Paris Hilton's "acting"…

I think you're very right and I gave it a 5.

think it's ironic that this movie has a lower rating than "bottoms up"… (rant coming up)

Most people probably never saw any of them but gave them both a low rating anyway, but pumped the rating up a bit when they saw that kevin smith and jason mewes(their conversations/ kevin smith is the best part of that f'ing movie) were in it..
It's ironic because "the hottie and the nottie" is an ok movie that happens to have paris hilton in it (and she does a way better job acting wise in this one). But it looks worse if you haven't seen it. The tittle is just urgh and makes the film seem like its a *beep* praise to paris hilton and, it kind of isn't.

"bottoms up" is so unfunny and so obviously just a way for paris to bitch about the things that she dislikes about her life… And they managed to make jason mewes, unfunny… *beep* you "bottoms up"

Now normally I wouldn't compare movies to show why I think one is better then the other, but it's just getting too obvious that many people don't watch the movies they rate in here.

Watch the movies you rate…

I've watched of half of it and will watch the other half this weekend because it's available to watch on Youtube for free, but so far, I'd say it deserves its rating more than a lot of other movies deserve theirs, not because of Paris Hilton, but because of the plot. Nothing is explained.

That said, I will admit I laughed at 2 points in the movie so far and I did think the first 10 minutes weren't quite so bad, so right now it's at a 2 for me, but that might change once I finish the movie.

EDIT: So as I watched the 2nd half, I found it more tolerable, so I decided on giving it a 3. I found Arno and Cole to be the most annoying characters in the movie and the plot seem spontaneous and run-of-the-mill. I still had a few instances in which I face-palmed the movie, but not quite so much. All-in-all, I can see how some people would call this one of the worst movies of all-time, but even though it was still stupid, it was better than I had once thought it was going to be.

Winter is coming

Post deleted

There's a few movies on the bottom 100 that should not be there.

Troll 2 is one of those "so bad it's good" type films.

Web http://www.jmberman.com">www.jmberman.com
Fcbk http://www.facebook.com/catnipdream">www.facebook.com/catnipdream