La La Land : The reason I don't watch Oscar, too much irrationality and overrating.

The reason I don't watch Oscar, too much irrationality and overrating.

I really hope La La Land don't win any award from Oscar.
This movie just too too much overrated.

I would rather give an award to Miles Teller than Ryan Gosling.

Re: The reason I don't watch Oscar, too much irrationality and overratin

It will win Best Cinematography, Original Song, Production Design and Original Score at the Oscars. If La La Land win DGA, Damien Chazelle will get a nod at the Oscars too.

What? Original score?? with this?

Agree OP, hard to believe this will win original score or best song lol but it will happen, just shows ya how lousy music really is these days

Are you actually deaf? The score's good.

If you can't defend a movie without bashing another, you will be put on ignore. No exceptions.

^this. Whether you agree with it or not, this is the type of movie that the Academy absolutely loves. I personally really enjoyed it, but to each their own for sure.

The Bro Force Squad Podcast
Superheroes, Movies, and Superhero Movies
broforcesquad.com

It will not leave empty handed.

It's that man again!!

why so much hate, the movie is wonderful, it's pure magic!
💖

They should give Oscars five years later when all the dust and hype has settled down.

If they give an Oscar five years from now for 2016, Hidden Figures would be the easy winner. La La Land more than likely wouldn't even be nominated.

But unfortunately they don't give Oscar five years later.
My point is La La Land is not a memberable movie, no one is going to care about it in five years.
In five years it's going to be on television at 2:00am when most people are sleep.

It will get many Oscars. it will either tie the record with Titanic and Return of The King or pass it to become the most awarded movie.

And rightly so! It was wonderful!

but no once is going to care or remember this movie in five years, or even only two years.

Ohh, so you have a sixth sense, huh?

How do you really sure that NO ONE is going to talk about this movie in 5 years?

P.S: I've barely heard now people talking movies like Up, The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, West Side Story, The Devil's Advocate etc etc etc in my country and yet, they are considered as legendary movies. They don't have to be talked about to categorise each of them as a masterpiece.

Agreed.

because the music and songs are awful, movie is too long and boring, despite a few imaginative scenes

It's a very lovable movie but I feel the blow back it's getting is because people feel it's just a very lite reach for your dreams type of film complete with song and dance, not the kind of important filmmaking that most movie fans would want to win. In my opinion it will probably win many of the awards mentioned above, I would like to see the main Best Picture winner go to Moonlight though.

Trying to create a channel based on interpreting, reviewing, and even giving you something to laugh about film. Hope you enjoy what you see. Thanks in advance.

Review of the film here-https://youtu.be/ER6TDam4_bY

Please! The movie is on the way to become a modern classic! It is the right movie at the right time, like Titanic was.
Like it or not, that's the truth!

Yes it's light and about reaching your dreams but that's what people like about it. Not everything must be an important milestone, sometimes you want to feel good and inspired. And this is the kind of movie that gets awards, it has wide appeal.

I mean what was so important about Birdman or Spotlight, the two recent Best Picture winners?

but the music is even worse than Titanic, and the songs are from hunger

I think the real reason you don't watch Oscar is because the last time you were watching him, he called the police.

Yes my number was 4.

Oscar
Hablo mejor español :)

that is one of the stupidest thing i have read, music. editing and visual design, direction are good in that film, you ignore all of these thing and just dislike the cast of gosling. come here to say that film don't deserve an award.
miles teller was good in whiplash, i dont think he would fit the role better than gosling even though he was asked to play seb in first place.

It's not stupid.
Because that meant editing, music were also not good.

then, that is your personal taste problem when most of other people like them. i have friends bought the soundtrack after watching it at theaters and they like the whole film.

In addition the songs have either won awards or are nominated for others.