In a Valley of Violence : So…John Wick in western??

So…John Wick in western??

But still....i'm looking forward to this

Re: So…John Wick in western??

Does your film knowledge only span the last 2 years? I hate to break it to you, but there is a long history of revenge films well before 'John Wick'. Many of those revenge films were originally westerns! How about you take a few years off the message boards. watch a bunch of movies that came out before 2000, and come back when you have something meaningful to bring to the conversation.

Yes revenge films have been around for a while, but the plot of this movie holds a lot more similarities to John wick than just being a revenge movie. It's about a badass with a past who punks out some gang member who thinks he's the *beep* the gang member rolls up on him while he sleeping beats him up and kills his dog. So then the badass with a past kills everyone. That's what I gathered from the trailer anyway. So yeah sounds a lot like John wick dressed up as a western. Still interesting though. I'm always ok for a revenge western

You're exactly right.

~RANKING 2016 FILMS~
imdb.com/list/ls031254554

John Wick still wasn't the first movie to do even that. There's 2008's "Red" as well as "The Rover," which came out before "John Wick."

Regardless, this movie is totally different, as it uses a lot more comedy and relishes in its own absurdity more than John Wick or any of those other films with similar plot devices.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking, saving me the time and bother of commenting to such an immense tool. Extra points awarded for the South Park reference!

glad someonelse agrees, you agreeable turd sandwich you.

I thought the same thing when I saw the trailer. Regardless of what other poster replied. Imho, John Wick is one of the best action movies I've seen in a long time, since Boondock Saints. I look forward to seeing JW2 & JW3.
For some reason, killing a guy's dog gets to me more than killing his family.

"For some reason, killing a guy's dog gets to me more than killing his family". I feel the same way.

"For some reason, killing a guy's dog gets to me more than killing his family". I feel the same way.

Me too.

i was only thinking, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh all these commentators have long term memory loss or are tykes, everything from JOHN WICK has been done before in westerns you annoying hipsters. i enjoyed wick, this, and the inspirations which is probably unfathomable to you neck bearded, colon inhalers.

exactly what i'm thinking while watching it. it's exactly john wick except a western and keanu is ethan hawke. check out 'i know you're in there' if you like the shining but always wished the hotel was a catatonic girl

It really was Western John Wick, except the dog is a lot more developed and has more screen time in this one. In the last three years or so I have now seen 3 dog death revenge movies, what a time we live in.

3 dog death revenge movies, what a time we live in.

thank the millennials! yaya good job on *beep* up the world

"You stupid, ignorant son of a bitch dumb bastard!"
Gene Wilder - Silver streak

It really was Western John Wick

I don't know how you're making that connection and it's quite misleading. John Wick had a multitude of wonderfully choreographed fight scenes, which basically made up the entire movie. In a Valley of Violence did not have a single choreographed fight scene. You're basically saying a kung-fu-type movie set in a huge city (NYC) is the same as this western flick that takes place in a town of about 5 citizens. Not the same by any means.

like i always say, don't mess with other peoples dog
----------
i have the right to defend my judgement even though it's stupid and ridiculous.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Thank you. Short and concise. Going to watch the movie now. Ignore the other pretentious replies.

OP was right.

John Wick in the west.

It's that man again!!