Jack Reacher: Never Go Back : Good Enough…LOL

Good Enough…LOL

I managed to make it to the local movie house over the weekend to see the second installment in the T.Cruise-produced franchise, and "good enough"… LOL Edward Zwick ("Glory", "Legends of the Fall", etc..), who previously directed Tom in "The Last Samurai", is at the helm this time around, and he does pretty much an adequate job of keeping your interest throughout this; along with Cruise's interpretation of the Jack Reacher character from the novels. I liked some things enough about the first film, from 2012, but not enough to recommend it.

This one, based on the novel "Never Go Back", just tips itself over the top enough for me to recommend giving it a watch. Cobie Smulders ("How I Met Your Mother", "The Avengers", etc..) is quite good as our film's heroine, as well as the young actress playing the character who may or may not be Reacher's biological daughter. I noticed the first film didn't do that well at the box office domestically anyways, but did a decent amount of worldwide business for them to go ahead with this sequel. It will be interesting to see how this one does, by comparison.

—————-
Check out my Facebook movie group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/movie.holiks/

Re: Good Enough…LOL

The sequel was better than i expected.