Suicide Squad : Amazing how WB destroyed what Bale and Ledger accomplished so quickly

Amazing how WB destroyed what Bale and Ledger accomplished so quickly

They (plus Nolan) made Bruce Wayne three-dimensional, likeable, sympathetic, driven, and above all human.

They made the Joker terrifying, unpredictable, funny, despicable, and above all electrifying to watch.

Now this year, in less than five months, they've made Bruce an overly mopey, unlikeable sadist who gives the Punisher a run for his money in kill count, and the Joker a cringy, lovesick, grilled-out, tatted-up gangsta.

Both characters are now none of what they were above.

Re: Amazing how WB destroyed what Bale and Ledger accomplished so quickl

Ok.

--------------------------------
dies ist meine unterschrift

You should read the comics, the movies are true to their source.

me.

Movie adaptations shouldn't be about being truer to its source they should focus on it being a good movie. Comics are different to movies. That's what Hollywood doesn't get.

You're move, creep

I meant this new iteration of Batman comes from the Frank Miller stories "The Dark Knight Returns". An older Batman less willing to put up with crap and as was seen in BvS, willing to kill. I wasn't pleased about the killing thing though, tbh.

And there's a Joker collection called, "The Joker" which shows a side of him that's similar to what Leto did. Talking digital comics collection here. Not the tats, but the craziness was showcased in that.

And I think it's unfair to compare Nolan's Batman to this new version. He made Batman movies. So far, Batman has only appeared in ensemble movies, which it's a completely different environment and feeling. Suicide Squad should've been better, of course, but Batman's role in the movie was so minimal you can't complain about it.

me.

Movie adaptations shouldn't be about being truer to its source they should focus on it being a good movie. Comics are different to movies. That's what Hollywood doesn't get.

You're move, creep

Get over it you obviously don't like D.C. If you don't want it to be anything like the source material, boy I can wait to see your face when falcon becomes captain America and some chick becomes iron man, how's it hanging over there on your 16th sequel. The cookie cutter format everyone wants is so lazy from a film perspective, I'd rather let people try and make some one new, personally I'm beyond happy that D.C. Will probably only have a 10 movie run, I don't know about you guys but I don't want the whole shibang to take 20 plus years to finish, also by your source material logic you must be real happy that they are taking one of the scariest beings not to be f#%*ed with in the galaxy and turning him into a total pussy, thanos will be destroyed by marvel cause they don't know how to handle him they never have had a real villain with a sense of threat and consequence

Are you replying to me? Your comment doesn't relate to my post

You're move, creep

Like Families and average moviegoers should live in an outhouse freezing so can afford the new overpriced issue of "The New 52"... Blow it out your ass.

They are on rebirth now shows how much you know, new 52 ended a year and a half ago. Also overpriced??? Lol do you live with mommy now cause I didn't know 3 bucks is overpriced lololol get a job

Different interpretations. I prefer the Nolan stuff too but that's no reason to slag off the Suicide Squad take on things.

Different interpretations are ok. But they aren't ok when they're sucky interpretations

that because nolan dident surrender himeself to fan service like the current dceu does.

So what term would you use to describe fans of the DCEU?

its not the fans of the dceu who are the problem its WB who try to appeal to them by flashing things from the comics. that what suicidie squad was all about and thats why it failed. they took uninteresting charecters that nobody knows or care about but hardcore comic book dc fans while nolan tried to appeal more to casual viewers who dont know batman so much. WB decided they making movies that appeal to fans only this is why they suck. the dream sequence in the desert in BVS. the flash time traveling to warn bruce. the fact that suicide squad was all about harley quinn. they try to appeal only to strict fans instead appeal to the casual viewers like marvel does. this is why they failed both in BVS and Suicide squad

What?? But by your logic you liking everything he does is fan service, he didn't do anything new except completely change the joker everything else was exactly the same as the burton films and Schumacher films, literally all he did was change joker you know the stylish heavy clown prince of crime, to some war veteran terrorist I'm sorry but people have it so backwards here

Can't argue with the OP. TDK is a vastly superior film to these two turds, in every possible way.

Re: Amazing how WB destroyed what Bale and Ledger accomplished so quickly

Bruce Wayne demonsional in the Nolan films lolololol that's the funniest thing I've read all year

Re: Amazing how WB destroyed what Bale and Ledger accomplished so quickly

Also very first iteration of batman had a gun

Why does everyone have a hard on for Bale's Batman and the Nolan universe. Everything about Bale sucked from his fighting to his costume. Young Bruce from Gotham would probably be a better Batman. Batfleck has fighting styles similar to the Arkham games and so what he uses guns. Disney has sheltered yall for too long. That's probably why the Beast in the live action BATB looks more friendly than ferocious. As Harley would say.....Pussies 😂😂😂

Same here. I understand that Nolan is maybe a greater talent than these other directors, but he makes a lot of "wrong" choices for me. And I rate movies based on the impact they make on me as an individual, not from supposed talent, or "objectively" flawless moviemaking. Whatever could be better about Afflecks Batman, I don't see any major problems. His fighting style is better, yes, and I actually relate emotionally as much to him as to Bale (meaning not so much, lol), but none of them has fully captured the Batman character in my mind. The only thing I really feel has really better quality about Nolan movies is the storyline (not so much the dialogue).

Joker certainly was amazing in the Dark Knight, but I never liked Bale's Batman. I loved TDK for Ledger and Eckhart, who did an excellent job.

agreed, OP. enjoyed the film despite the joker and despite batman though. I actually liked it overall whereas man of steel I merely tolerated and BvS I couldn't sit through.

if you don't have anything nice to say ...you're probably a butthole

You forgot to mention that they also destroyed Donner's legacy, which had endured the horrors of Superman IV; The Quest for peace, but is now overshadowed by Snyder's anti-charisma version of superman, and his ludicrous Lex Luthor.

Bale's Batman was terrible. Ledger was fantastic, single handedly saving what would have been a bad movie otherwise, but it was a very different take on the Joker.

The new Joker wasn't good, but Affleck's Batman has the potential to be great.

It would be exactly like Marvel hiring Tom Arnold to replace Robert Downey Jr.

I never liked The Dark Knight Returns. Frank Miller mucks up a lot of stuff in my opinion. I like the idea of a older and meaner Batman, but he should still be the same Batman we know.

Same with the Joker. The Joker in Suicide Squad wasn't The Joker most people know. He was someone with green hair, white skin who acted crazy, but he wasn't The Joker.

Frank Miller lost his mind about a decade ago.

Honest to God.